• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Celestial Version (Debug Release|30.11.21)

Years

Latest announcement!
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10627294&postcount=28

woo-boiiiiiii.gif

Pokémon Celestial Version
Hack of: 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)
Latest release: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10435225&postcount=22

Story

You are finally fifteen years old! Ready to start your journey in the Triton region, the acclaimed Pokémon Professor (and astronomer), Professor Almond, who just moved in your town, makes you run an errand; this errand, because of Team Eternal, is the key to demise not only for Triton, but the whole world! Earth soon becomes the target of the cosmos and is bombarded with a flurry of destructive meteors and asteroids; but is this all because of some change in universal space nature, or is there some deeper meaning to it? And above all, can a hero stop this catastrophe and save the world from annialation?

Travel through the multi-terrain Triton region, meet long lasting companions, battle with Pokémon from many different regions, stop Team Eternal's ultimate plan, and save the entire world from ultimate destruction in Pokémon Celestial Version!​

Features

• Upgraded Battle Engine:
    All the battle mechanics have been updated to the standards of Generation VIII, which includes the Physical/Special/Status split, Fairy type and the new type chart, new abilities and attacks (like the Burn Up [move] and Corrosion [ability]) and items.
  • Graphical updates:
    A lot of the standard graphics have gone a revamp, including updated Pokémon sprites, updated tiles and tilesets (along with custom overworld graphics), new and updated Trainer sprites, Dynamic Overworld Palette's with new Overworld Sprites, a Dynamic Day and Night system and small aesthetic changes.
  • Catch 'em all:
    Catch all your favourite Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar in the Triton region!
  • Newer Generation features:
    Celestial features almost every new addition in the Pokémon games past the GameBoy Advance, including the re-use repel prompt, battle terrain, inverse/sky battles, Totem Pokémon, auto-run and others!
  • Custom songs:
    Have fun listening to updated songs and sounds, and enjoy new music with some familiar and some entirely different OST's!
  • Other features:
    Expanded Pokémon Storage System Boxes (up to twenty-five!), vastly improved AI system with decision-making skills for all new battle effects, over 100 TM's, updated pickup mechanics and an updated day-care system, ton's of new berries and much more!
  • Small and noticeable features:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots

test-0.png
test-1.png
fatguy.png
starly.png
potion.png
4.png
8.png
treecko.png

Quick links

• Discord server
    Join the Pokémon Celestial Version Discord server to see unreleased updates, exclusive screenshots, and much more!​
  • YouTube channel
    The YouTube channel will showcase minor or major implementations, events, or features to come later in the game.​

Download

• Celestial Version Debug Release
    Release date: 30th November, 2021
    Notes: Don't be alarmed by the progress of this release; Beta 0.0 is already up to the first Gym in Erstonia City, with much more features and the like! Changelog can be viewed here.

Credits

Spoiler:

Special Thanks

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
The story is solid, have you decided upon a difficulty curve or will you include scaling to the player wishes in the settings?

Also hope to see what the region looks like soon. Wish you the best.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I dig the storyline! Do you have plans of switching up the tileset? Personally, I feel like Fire Red graphics tend to be generic if used as it is.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
Years
You haven't yet disclosed about the starters for this hack, huh? I wonder what choices you are going to give to us, the hack looks promising nonetheless. Wish you luck with the project! : )

Years
The story is solid, have you decided upon a difficulty curve or will you include scaling to the player wishes in the settings?

Also hope to see what the region looks like soon. Wish you the best.
For Beta v0.0 and v1.0, standard Pokémon difficulty; for future beta's, most likely choosable difficulty options.

I dig the storyline! Do you have plans of switching up the tileset? Personally, I feel like Fire Red graphics tend to be generic if used as it is.
Absolutely! Though I won't deviate from the actual FireRed style, there will be updated tiles, like so: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10372636&postcount=7

You haven't yet disclosed about the starters for this hack, huh? I wonder what choices you are going to give to us, the hack looks promising nonetheless. Wish you luck with the project! : )
The Hoenn region (Gen III) starters are finalized (as of now). I like all three of them, and with Mega Evolution coming in Beta v2.0, you'll need mega stones for your starter (and best PKMN).

Pixel64

Stan LOOΠΔ!
Years
Update #1

Aerilon Town - The starting town of Pokémon Celestial Version!

I love this town's design! I feel that lofty, mountainous locations are underused in Pokémon games. The rocky surrounding area looks promising. Looking forward to future development!

Last edited:
Years
I love this town's design! I feel that lofty, mountainous locations are underused in Pokémon games. The rocky surrounding area looks promising. Looking forward to future development!

Thank you! I'm actually not working on the game as much as I should since I have my finals coming, but hopefully Beta 0.0 will be out in August!

Years
Update #2

The Dynamic Day & Night system in action. This is a debug feature. This will not be present in it's full glory in the initial release, rather in Beta 0.1. More updates can be viewed in the Discord server (check main post for link)!
ezgif-2-e8924dfee2a3.gif

Years
Thank you! I'm actually not working on the game as much as I should since I have my finals coming, but hopefully Beta 0.0 will be out in August!
Finals are very important so no need to push yourself to work on this while you study. As for beta 0.0, what would be an estimate length of the beta be? I'm not expecting it to be very long since it is a first release, I'm just curious.

And the day to night deal looks amazing and the starting town looks good.

Years
Finals are very important so no need to push yourself to work on this while you study. As for beta 0.0, what would be an estimate length of the beta be? I'm not expecting it to be very long since it is a first release, I'm just curious.

And the day to night deal looks amazing and the starting town looks good.

2 Gyms, and thanks!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2023
Following this one. I like FR/LG style, specially with some custom tiles. And the CFRU is always welcome.

Years
Item count - The amount of items in Celestial (only standard items!). This is just a debugging test: Many of these will appear in late beta's, and some which will appear not at all! Big thanks to Prof. Leon Dias for most of the data!

Pokemon-Celestial-Version.gif

Years
Hey everyone, looking for Beta Testers! The first Beta is far from done, but I need to select and finalize some people before releasing the actual Beta. Please PM me/reply in this thread if interested.

Back