• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
Hey I'm gp i am hoping that someone would recommend me a rom hack/fan game without fakemon. I've played light platinum,dark rising series,flora sky ,dark realm, adventure red, fire red rocket edition and ash gray

I'd appreciate if it's a game which i can be champion or Gym leader or a villian

Awaiting your reply

Thanks in advance

😁

You can try Fuligin (you're a TR Grunt) or just play Gaia, a well made hack. Unbound's worth a try, too. All are completed.

Years
I'm playing Bushido and it has an interesting story so far, it has a nice story flow, and it's not too dense or too edgy. Pokémon Opalo has a good story too but it's a Spanish fan-game.

Ah! Thank you, I'll give Bushido a look then! (And I do quite enjoy the edgy stories ngl!), and I do keep on seeing some good spanish looking roms I just don't speak/read spanish that well sadly! Maybe it'll push me to learn >:0

Years
Are there any rom hacks where HMs are made into key items so i dont have to teach my whole party trash moves? I played Orange Islands and its a good example of this.

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
Years
Interested in playing a hack or fangame that meets the following criteria:
-Extensive balance changes to existing Pokemon, ranging from Drayano's more change-heavy hacks to infinity- yes, even totally overhauling basically every Pokemon
-Difficulty level higher than vanilla, but not kaizo. Ideally looking for an experience that people thought felt 'fair'
-Access to Pokemon from at least Generation 5

Sorry if this is too specific. I've been having some difficulty finding anything like this.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Are there any Rom hacks you can buy rare candy in? I want to nuzlocke but I don't have time keep grinding up pokemon so just want to use rare candies to the level cap and I can't find any

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Are there any Rom hacks you can buy rare candy in? I want to nuzlocke but I don't have time keep grinding up pokemon so just want to use rare candies to the level cap and I can't find any

Just search Rare Candy cheat codes for any of the more known rom hacks, such as Gaia, that have them. There might be rom hacks with rare candies for buy natively but you'll have more options if you just google cheat codes for that.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
@Corveone

Using cheats in ROM Hacls is not advised. It can lead to unexpected results due to restructured (save)data. It's especially not advised for hacks that expand the amount of Pokemon/items.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Just search Rare Candy cheat codes for any of the more known rom hacks, such as Gaia, that have them. There might be rom hacks with rare candies for buy natively but you'll have more options if you just google cheat codes for that.

I can only get eclipse.emu emulator on my iPhone to work and it doesn't have a cheat menu, can't get gb4ios or anything at all

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
@Menthii Ok, Red Fire seems to have what you're looking for https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=454069

Using cheats in ROM Hacls is not advised. It can lead to unexpected results due to restructured (save)data. It's especially not advised for hacks that expand the amount of Pokemon/items.

Well, tested and working cheats for several rom hacks exist. May cause issues when misused, kept enabled when they're no longer needed, have multiple activated at the same time, etc. but not if used wisely. Add the candies, turn off/delete the code, save the game, reload, and continue playing normally. Rare candy levelling in Nuzlockes isn't anything new, and it's not like hacking Pokémon, walking through walls or anything potentially game-breaking.

H e a p.

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 23, 2022
Anyone got a ROMhack with a new story (that wasn't so dark or anything), all Pokemon including generation 6-8, and a little bit vanilla difficulty for beginners?

I hope it's not hard to patch it anyway.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 31, 2024
I would like some recommendations of rom hacks or fan games with good fakemon or regional variants/evolutions, not the ones like Pekin's or Demon Island, I would like some excellent sprite work and ideas like Pokemon Vega, Xenoverse, Sage and Uranium, my favorite thing in thoses fan games are the variety of fakemons ideas, art and their typing and moves, I doesn't need to be enhanced, hard or something like that, having p/s split is already good enough as I didn't find any other striking fakemon games searching online (as it seens it is pretty niche in thoses forums as most of the players don't like fakemon (and I don't judge them)).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 4, 2022
I'm new to fan games / rom hacks, although I don't know their difference either, the only thing I know is that I'm enjoying it a lot.

I have finished the xenoverse and a pretty good Spanish creation called Pokemon Opal, which I highly recommend, I am currently playing INSURGENCE and I already have REJUVENATION and REBORN downloaded.

I would like to know games as good as those to add to my list :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 5, 2021
8.1.21_Recommendation for ROM hacks?

🌳General visuals

preferably based on the gba type of pixelated graphics (sapphire or later)

But willing to drop that I'm totally fine with anything up to 3DS if it fits the 1st most important points below
🌳1st Most important

all Pokémon unlocked

Mega evolutions specifically mewtwo X and Y

I would like to have it on my treat down the line (not easily of course)

Multiple regions

Complete game

Meaning a completely legit feeling experience finished story, very little bugs and glitches, finished post game, etc

Maybe some extra story but doesn't look too ghetto/out there like Pokémon Reborn map

Much more difficult than orig Pokémon

But not just pure difficult, difficulty that is fair if you are smart, rather than just having the enemy have tons of levels over you

More interesting post game content

Cool with Fakemon: original Pokémon

if, it isn't JUST fakemon and no original Pokémon And once again doesn't look ridiculous, some I've seen are quite amazing like in Pokémon GS Chronicles 3 starter Fakemon mega evolutions
🌳Secondary important

Maybe have a nuzlocke mode?

Larger teams?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Does anyone know if there's any Gen 2 rom hack (or Gen 1, but I guess that would be impossible) featuring Abilities, besides Pokémon Prism?

Anyone got a ROMhack with a new story (that wasn't so dark or anything), all Pokemon including generation 6-8, and a little bit vanilla difficulty for beginners?

There isn't one yet. There are rom hacks with new region/story but no gen 8, and vice versa. Only a few fan games have new story and Gen 8 (not necessarily all Pokémon though)

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 28, 2023
Hi. im trying to find some hacks to play and i always hear the typical ones that have a new story or whatever but those dont really interest me.. i think i like hacks that have a kind of theme to them.. for example i like: fire red rocket edition, adventure red chapter, ash gray, orange islands, sweet 1 and 2, snakewood, etc. if anyone knows any more themed hacks like that lemme know

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
Hey I'm new to the fan games and am looking for Pokémon games with a dark or twisted storyline those seem interesting

Or good Pokémon games with a lot of fakemon cause using the same can get old

Or even romance Pokémon games

Or if you have good cool Pokémon games lmk pls

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 2, 2022
Hello, does anyone can tell me if there's any romhack for GBA that recreate the same mechanics and competitive stuff from Gen 7 or 8 original Pokémon games??

Back