• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wut type changes would u make?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 26, 2021
If you could make certain types behave differently, what would they do? Ex. I would make bug resist psychic.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
I have moved this to Pokemon Gaming Central since this is talking about gaming mechanics over the general franchise.
Anyways, I was think having Fairy should have another weakness since it's kind of powerful rn but not sure which; was thinking Rock but then you will have Stealth Rock being more powerful, hmm.

Empoleon671

不要
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
agreed on fairy having another weakness. fire already resists fairy so i think it should be a fire....

but fire is already super strong offensively right?

ice should resist fairy too lol

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 26, 2021
I would make bug super effective and resistant against fairy, and maybe even grass resistant to fairy as well. Rock could make sense in a way due to fairy being weak to steeI. Maybe fairy type could be described as a bit frail? I like the ice resisting fairy idea too though from empoleon 671. make it so that fairy is weak against extreme temperatures like ice and fire.

Yeah ice should resist dragon. I agree with ice being super effective against water, though i think that might marginalize grass type a bit, which already struggles a little. Maybe make Ice super effective against water while making it neutral to ground since its weak to rocks anyway, and ground is often paired with rock. This could keep grass from being overshadowed by ice.

Yeah it should at least resist dragon and/or flying. Im making a type chart where ice, instead of fire, is strong against and resistant to bug. bugs die in cold temperatures. plus they could be squashed by a heavy enough chunk of ice , like they are rocks. Ice could resist water too, instead of the other way around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I wouldn't add an extra weakness to Fairy, but I'd make it take neutral damage from Bug instead, and make Grass neutral on Dragon so that Grass and Bug are no longer resisted by seven types.

And the changes I've mentioned in another thread:
-Steel neutral against Rock
-Steel neutral against Water
-Dragon neutral against Steel
-Dragon resisted by Ice
-Ground resisted by Ice

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 26, 2021
Iv always disliked how steel and rock are weak to ground. id like to see ground maybe resist itself so that rock/ground, and steel/ground types like steelix, golem are neutral to ground, or just make steel and rock neutral to ground type, and make steel weak to dragon for its 3rd weakness. In my type chart im planning out i actually made grass neutral to dragon so i agree with u on that. I like the sound of your other ideas too though. Steel being neutral against water would guarantee its damage against water/ice types. I agree Ice should resist what its strong against. Id say have it resist flying too but that might marginalize electric type too much.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
The Ice type would change somewhat. Make it resist Grass Types and take away its Rock Type weakness. I don't know if I would either Make Bug resist Ice or Bug weak to Ice as both can make somewhat sense...

Years
to this day I get confused that florges and its line are pure fairy and not fairy/grass so... please add that!

But on the topic of making changes to types themselves, ice could use a serious rework, as others said. I support it resisting grass at the very least. :(

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I'd get rid of Flying's resistance to Grass, because I'm not OK with the fact that not only does Grass have 5 weaknesses, but it's also resisted by 7 types, some of those being the ones you encounter in the early game (Flying, Bug, Poison...), while the other starter types don't have this problem.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 26, 2021
agreed on fairy having another weakness. fire already resists fairy so i think it should be a fire....

but fire is already super strong offensively right?

ice should resist fairy too lol

Maybe if bug wasn't weak to fire but fairy was instead? I've been thinking bug should be weak to steel/and or poison instead.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 26, 2021
The Ice type would change somewhat. Make it resist Grass Types and take away its Rock Type weakness. I don't know if I would either Make Bug resist Ice or Bug weak to Ice as both can make somewhat sense...

U don't think that change would bone grass to much? Grass is already resisted by so much. What if ice resisted dragon and ground like for corveone said. Maybe make ice strong against water too

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 26, 2021
I'd get rid of Flying's resistance to Grass, because I'm not OK with the fact that not only does Grass have 5 weaknesses, but it's also resisted by 7 types, some of those being the ones you encounter in the early game (Flying, Bug, Poison...), while the other starter types don't have this problem.

What would u think of grass gaining rock resistance?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
What would u think of grass gaining rock resistance?

Unless Rock itself gets some buffs, preferably defensive ones, I'd rather not make the Rock type any worse than it is now. I'd remove at least one of their weaknesses...maybe Water or Ground? I don't like the fact that Water and Grass share two types they're strong against, because it basically boils down to Water being a better Grass, especially since it's a good defensive type.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 26, 2021
Iv got an idea for this. Rock loses steel weakness, gains bug resistance, grass resists fairy, maybe loses weakness against dragon. If a normal type can hit dragon, i dont see why a good ol vine whip cant. Also perhaps rock could resist itself

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 26, 2021
Unless Rock itself gets some buffs, preferably defensive ones, I'd rather not make the Rock type any worse than it is now. I'd remove at least one of their weaknesses...maybe Water or Ground? I don't like the fact that Water and Grass share two types they're strong against, because it basically boils down to Water being a better Grass, especially since it's a good defensive type.

Iv got an idea for this. Rock loses steel weakness, gains bug resistance, grass resists fairy, maybe loses weakness against dragon. If a normal type can hit dragon, i dont see why a good ol vine whip cant. Also perhaps rock could resist itself

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Mentioned it in the other thread and despite it getting debated, I still think Ice should resist Normal because y'know, it isn't called the Snow type or anything, a large block of frozen water getting hit by a non-trained hit would be just as effective as hitting rock or metal. I'd like to hear other people's thoughts.

And yeah, like another user mentioned, it's weird how Water is not weak to Ice even though you can freeze water logically.

Back