• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello, I wanted to suggest a little change to a trainer and two Pokemon, to make both of those a little bit more unique:

- First Pokemon, give Stantler a higher Special Attack to let it make use of its surprisingly nice special movepool, allowing more potential playstyles with the honestly kinda boring Pokemon, even after the buffs that you have given to it already.
Spoiler:

- Second Pokemon, change Volbeat's type to Bug/Electric and changing its movepool to support that, due to its firefly/lightning bug influence being a lot more clear, as well as allowing it to differentiate itself a bit more from Illumise (because honestly Illumise does not strike me as a firefly/lightning bug at all, what does it even have to make it one).
- Third mon time, that being potentially moving the defense buff from Rampardos over to speed. Rampardos is already almost never going to take a single hit, due to its horrible special defense, and defensive typing not being that good for that defense. Moving that defense over to its speed could allow it to use that monstrous physical attack to potential good use, and maybe allow it to get a niche of its own, rather than being just a worse Tyrantrum, which you can get at the exact same time as Rampardos.

And now for the trainer change:
- Replace Dulse's Nihilego in the final battle against him with a Guzzlord. Currently that boy has type overlap thanks to him having both his Naganadel and the Nihilego, that and Nihilego already had a major moment given to it, that being the encounter at Aether Paradise, as well as Guzzlord not being used at all by any other trainer in the game. Giving him access to Guzzlord could finally give the edgy Snorlax a tiny bit of love.

Oh and also, how is progress going on your Emerald rom hack? Remember reading how it's getting close to completion, so I kinda wanna know if there's any updates on that.
Hey!
- I think I'll give Stantler Wyrdeer's stats once it's released (unless they're awful). I guess it could use more special attack in the meantime though!
- Sure, I've already done that in inclement Emerald (though I think Dray did it first)
- I don't want to give something with 165 attack, a 150 BP STAB move, Swords Dance, and the ability to hold an item more speed. Sure, it's bad against human players, but in game you can just slap a choice item on it and click Head Smash to get good results. Alternatively, if you want it to beat faster Pokemon, it just needs one chance to use Swords Dance: +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Rampardos Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Blaziken: 298-351 (99 - 116.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

If I'm completely honest I don't think I'll be making any more trainer changes unless they're buggy in some way (like Gladion or the ones with Return). Thanks for the suggestion though!

Oh, the Emerald thread's been up for a few days! It's been a very buggy release but I'm making good progress on fixing it. Link's in my signature if you need it!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen today
I got annihilated in the Battle Royale tutorial. the Masked Royal (A.K.A. Professor Kukui) OHKO'd my Dartrix with Accelerock... (my mon was only level 30 tho)
There's a text issue in the Battle Royale battle intro

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I got annihilated in the Battle Royale tutorial. the Masked Royal (A.K.A. Professor Kukui) OHKO'd my Dartrix with Accelerock... (my mon was only level 30 tho)
There's a text issue in the Battle Royale battle intro
Haha, at least you don't have to win that! What's the issue?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen today
the first line of the pre-battle text has a > at the end of it. It's been like that for quite a while, as I saw it in a Youtube video of someone's Mono-Fairy run and noticed it's still there in my run

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
the first line of the pre-battle text has a > at the end of it. It's been like that for quite a while, as I saw it in a Youtube video of someone's Mono-Fairy run and noticed it's still there in my run
Oh that's weird, should be easy to fix at least!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen today
There's actually more text errors that i forgot about. Like the open parenthesis ( after the question mark when Rotom Dex asks if you want to take a photo of a mon that just evolved

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 30, 2021
Is there a way to buy in-battle stat boosters like X Atk, X Speed, etc. beside getting from battle store in Festival Plaza since the vendor item has been changed? I wait forever for the battle store to appear in festival plaza so that method is unreliable.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Is there a way to buy in-battle stat boosters like X Atk, X Speed, etc. beside getting from battle store in Festival Plaza since the vendor item has been changed? I wait forever for the battle store to appear in festival plaza so that method is unreliable.
They're in the Mount Lanakila store, which is probably too late to be useful for you. You could always add some to your bag with pkhex!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
when you said Pokémon can ev trained with no grinding what does that mean?
If you use power items and follow this: "EV reduction berries are available cheaply at the Thrifty Megamart; using them to remove unwanted EVs occasionally will eventually get you the stats you want." you can EV train as you play through the game without needing to KO a bazillion Zubats.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 18, 2021
Sooo that means whenever I give a Pokémon a EV reducing berry it will increase another EV stat at random or am I not understanding it right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Sooo that means whenever I give a Pokémon a EV reducing berry it will increase another EV stat at random or am I not understanding it right?
No, they just remove EVs you don't want. Just keep using them occasionally until you only have the EVs you do want, and you'll get the same result as the grindy EV training method, but it'll happen as you play through the game without needing to grind.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 10, 2022
Made an account just to post here.
Pretty incredible that you're still replying to the thread all these years later!

I've been playing Photonic Sun for the past few days and I've been enjoying it a lot. I'm not a big pokemon fan and I was looking for a hack that allowed me to catch everything, this one caught my eye since USUM have the most pokemon in them out of any game.

I got the standard version since I don't personally care for more in depth changes and am fine playing the games as close to original as possible, minus being able to catch everyone. What I didn't expect was for the difficulty to be altered so much. I did play through most of Moon a few years ago so at first I was glad to have a little more of a challenge, but right now I'm at the grass trial grinding a Typhlosion 10-15 levels so I have someone type effective who won't die immediately. I presume I'll be regularly fighting full level 100 teams later on in the game? I'm not at all well versed in pokemon so I don't really know a single thing about team building or any competitive strategy other than "have a guy with bigger numbers and the right type". Despite that, I've sunk enough hours in that I don't wanna restart with lower difficulty, so this is gonna be an experience.

Aside from this particular moment at the grass trial though, I've been having a lot of fun! Definitely more than I expected with US considering my time with Moon. Seeing new pokemon pop up all over is pretty exciting, and it'll be fun to catch everything. I guess I'm going for a living Pokedex, since there doesn't seem to be a national dex in alola from what I've heard. I don't think there's a way to edit the Pokedex to include the missing pokemon, is there? I'm sure someone would've done it by now.

TL;DR: A bit hard if you're not big into pokemon, but good stuff overall! Well done.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Made an account just to post here.
Pretty incredible that you're still replying to the thread all these years later!

I've been playing Photonic Sun for the past few days and I've been enjoying it a lot. I'm not a big pokemon fan and I was looking for a hack that allowed me to catch everything, this one caught my eye since USUM have the most pokemon in them out of any game.

I got the standard version since I don't personally care for more in depth changes and am fine playing the games as close to original as possible, minus being able to catch everyone. What I didn't expect was for the difficulty to be altered so much. I did play through most of Moon a few years ago so at first I was glad to have a little more of a challenge, but right now I'm at the grass trial grinding a Typhlosion 10-15 levels so I have someone type effective who won't die immediately. I presume I'll be regularly fighting full level 100 teams later on in the game? I'm not at all well versed in pokemon so I don't really know a single thing about team building or any competitive strategy other than "have a guy with bigger numbers and the right type". Despite that, I've sunk enough hours in that I don't wanna restart with lower difficulty, so this is gonna be an experience.

Aside from this particular moment at the grass trial though, I've been having a lot of fun! Definitely more than I expected with US considering my time with Moon. Seeing new pokemon pop up all over is pretty exciting, and it'll be fun to catch everything. I guess I'm going for a living Pokedex, since there doesn't seem to be a national dex in alola from what I've heard. I don't think there's a way to edit the Pokedex to include the missing pokemon, is there? I'm sure someone would've done it by now.

TL;DR: A bit hard if you're not big into pokemon, but good stuff overall! Well done.
Thanks! I'm still working on ROM hacking stuff so it makes sense to keep an eye on my hacks' threads too.

Yeah, trainers will hit level 100 just in time for the league and most of the victory road trainers will be packing full teams. Ideally your team will also be at 100 (or very close) by then too. Good type variety is enough for most fights, but you'll probably need a plan for a certain boss battle later on, as it's very difficult (almost impossible even!) to beat without one.

Glad you're having fun though! Sadly restoring the national dex is beyond my abilities; it's possible but you'd need to really know what you're doing.

Aqua Mosquito

Nuzlocke Beginner
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 21, 2021
I applied the 1.2 update in Citra, but now my Nincada is showing up with glitchy textures, and the game freezes when I check its summary.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Aug 17, 2022
Hi ,my boy deleted my save file again :( ,idk why .I was looking around for other hacks and this came to mind .btw are gen 8 Pokemon included?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 19, 2021
Hi, I tried installing this on Citra, and i followed everything but it just freezes after the intro of Lilly running. It says 3 months later, zooms into my house and goes onto a white screen. As soon as it goes white it drops to 0 fps and becomes unresponsive. I tried deleting all the files and reinstalling it but it happened again. Any help?

Back