• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Is it possible to make another Pokemon Ultra Burst besides Necrozma with this plugin?
There isn't any built-in feature for this, no. In fact, I went out of my way to make sure no other species COULD do this, to avoid any unintended consequences. It's hard-coded to only work with Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma. If you insist on expanding this, you'll probably have to change a bunch of things.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 14, 2023
Hi, i have a problem, I have already put all the scripts and I get this error
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Hi, i have a problem, I have already put all the scripts and I get this error
Spoiler:

Q: Why do I get an error stating im missing a file named ZUD_PowerMoves.dat?
For the love of god, hold...down...ctrl. As stated in both the instructions, installation guide, and now here. Its a single button press. This SHOULD be the absolute easiest step of the entire installation. If anyone posts about this error again, I will copy/paste this in my response and make passive aggressive remarks about your intelligence. You've been fairly warned.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
I have ZUD + Gen8 and G-Max Pokémon dont display the corresponfing sprite but the standard Dynamax one. The Party Icon displays that it is G-Max but neither the battle nor the sprite positioner (the one you access holding CTRL) reflect that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I have ZUD + Gen8 and G-Max Pokémon dont display the corresponfing sprite but the standard Dynamax one. The Party Icon displays that it is G-Max but neither the battle nor the sprite positioner (the one you access holding CTRL) reflect that.

I mean, this should be obvious, but do you have the gmax pokemon sprites installed and labeled correctly? Such as CHARIZARD_gmax?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
I do. I forgot to mention that I also have EBDX installed, though. But even with that, I've tried placing the sprites both on the EBDX/Battlers folder and on the Pokemon Folder and nothing seems to work.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I do. I forgot to mention that I also have EBDX installed, though. But even with that, I've tried placing the sprites both on the EBDX/Battlers folder and on the Pokemon Folder and nothing seems to work.

EBDX uses a different format. Instead of using the _gmax sprites, the sprites are instead included in their own separate Gigantamax folder within the Battlers folder, similar to Female sprites.

All of this was already included in the download though, so I dont know why youre missing this folder unless you just didnt follow the directions. Or, you have some outdated version of ZUD.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
EBDX uses a different format. Instead of using the _gmax sprites, the sprites are instead included in their own separate Gigantamax folder within the Battlers folder, similar to Female sprites.

All of this was already included in the download though, so I dont know why youre missing this folder unless you just didnt follow the directions. Or, you have some outdated version of ZUD.

I have the Gigantamax folder in the Front, Back, FrontShiny and BackShiny folders inside Graphics/EBDX. The problem doesn't seem to come from missing or malpositioned sprites, but if it comes from somewhere else, I am truly lost in that regard because I haven't run into any error, so I cannot use that as guidance. Am I missing something?

Edit for clarification: I had both the _gmax sprites at Graphics/Pokemon/ (might be from the Gen8 Project?) and the Gigantamax folder at its corresponding Graphics/EBDX folders. Deleting all the _gmax sprites from Graphics/Pokemon/ hasn't fixed the problem, though. Also, I am running the lastest version of ZUD, as I downloaded it last week from Relic Castle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I have the Gigantamax folder in the Front, Back, FrontShiny and BackShiny folders inside Graphics/EBDX. The problem doesn't seem to come from missing or malpositioned sprites, but if it comes from somewhere else, I am truly lost in that regard because I haven't run into any error, so I cannot use that as guidance. Am I missing something?

Edit for clarification: I had both the _gmax sprites at Graphics/Pokemon/ (might be from the Gen8 Project?) and the Gigantamax folder at its corresponding Graphics/EBDX folders. Deleting all the _gmax sprites from Graphics/Pokemon/ hasn't fixed the problem, though. Also, I am running the lastest version of ZUD, as I downloaded it last week from Relic Castle.

There's no need to delete the _gmax sprites, EBDX doesn't touch them.
What version of EBDX are you running?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Elite Battle: DX = 1.2.6*
v19.1 Hotfixes = 1.0.7**
ZUD Plugin = 1.1.4**
ZUD Compatibilities = 1.2**
Luka's Scripting Utilities = 3.3.2*
Pokémon Essentials = 19.1

* Last one from https://luka-sj.com
** I updated/downloaded that last week from https://reliccastle.com

Then idk, ive ran out of ideas. Only thing left to do is try again with a clean version of Essentials and reinstall everything carefully. There is no reason it shouldnt be working if everything you said is true, and everything was installed correctly. If a clean install doesnt work either, then the *only* thing it could be is user error.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
Alright, so I found a weird interaction with the AI and target selection in double battles with Z-Moves. Unless the target is immune, it will always attack the Pokemon on the right with the Z-Move. Even if the Pokemon on the right 4x resists and the Pokemon on the left is 4x weak. Do you have any insight on this problem, or is it something I'm just gonna have to live with?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Alright, so I found a weird interaction with the AI and target selection in double battles with Z-Moves. Unless the target is immune, it will always attack the Pokemon on the right with the Z-Move. Even if the Pokemon on the right 4x resists and the Pokemon on the left is 4x weak. Do you have any insight on this problem, or is it something I'm just gonna have to live with?

The AI for NPC trainers using Z-Moves is completely bare bones, and has pretty much been unchanged since adapting it from Essentials v16. It basically just selects the first viable target that the move will work on and puts no further thought into it than that. This works perfectly fine for single battles where there's only one target anyway, but in situations with multiple targets, it's not going to behave intelligently. I may tinker with this a BIT in the next update, but generally speaking I have no interest in updating the AI myself. That's more for each individual developer to decide how the AI in their game functions. All this plugin is for is for implementing the base functionality, so improving the AI is something that I see as outside the scope of my objective.

Basically, yeah, you're on your own.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 5, 2022
I see that EBDX makes the pokemon looks zoomed out. But I don't have it and my sprites looks small and mispositioned. I have no Idea what causes it

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 5, 2022
There's no need to delete the _gmax sprites, EBDX doesn't touch them.
What version of EBDX are you running?

I have Gen 8 Project

https://i.imgur.com/27yWlif.png

It also happens in the Status menu and the battles. I test it in places where Dynamax can't happen and with this settings:

SHORTEN_MOVES = true
DYNAMAX_SIZE = true / false (With both options)
DYNAMAX_COLOR = true
GMAX_XL_ICONS = false

DMAX_ANYMAP = false
CAN_DMAX_WILD = false

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I have Gen 8 Project

https://i.imgur.com/27yWlif.png

It also happens in the Status menu and the battles. I test it in places where Dynamax can't happen and with this settings:

SHORTEN_MOVES = true
DYNAMAX_SIZE = true / false (With both options)
DYNAMAX_COLOR = true
GMAX_XL_ICONS = false

DMAX_ANYMAP = false
CAN_DMAX_WILD = false

Are you using the LATEST versions of the Gen 8 Project and ZUD? This looks like an old problem.

Back