• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Dragon Ascent: A Dragon Lover's Club

Pick the newest dragon club mascot!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Got this Mega Construx set from my sister actually:
Gp5XyCIWji1531945879.jpeg

already made it too (which is why I couldn't take a pic of the box anymore rofl):

Spoiler:

Attachments

• IMG_20211230_213153944.jpg
    IMG_20211230_213153944.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20211230_213213017.jpg
    IMG_20211230_213213017.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 98
Years
Hi dragon enthusiasts,

I decided to also trade few Dragon-types for Clubhouse event. I decided to go with Druddigon, since it's always forgotten when talking about Dragon-types of Unova.
4hdFXfK.png

And I got Goomy, Trapinch and fully evolved Garchomp in return.
elPLTay.png

Years
May I join?

Yes, you can walk the part of the dragons with us! Welcome to our lair Poke fan! I will add your name to our scroll. Kyurem judges our members in a trial by ice this season and you have been found worthy.

By the way, we are giving away free shiny Kyurem this winter to dragon ascent members this winter, let me know if you are interested in receiving one.

Years
I tried dragon fruit for the first time yesterday. I had heard of this fruit, but I hadn't had the chance to taste one for myself until now. You just don't see it in a typical supermarket around here. I found it while browsing a specialty store. Outside of Mexico, I don't think it grows naturally in North America. It's from Central and South American countries like Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, El Salvador. It is cultivated here in the US (and other places across the globe) but it needs a hot, tropical climate like California, Hawaii and Florida, and that's a bit far from me.

When I was shopping for groceries I saw a stack of these curiousities in the produce section. I have never seen a food look like a dragon fruit before. It's a humongous, fuchsia jewel-like fruit that could be mixed in with the dragon eggs Daenerys received in Game of Thrones. I found the texture of it soft, and kinda similar to snake skin with the ridges on it resembling scales. It's got green spiky leaves sticking out it like a crocodile fringe. It's really worthy of it's namesake.

When you cut it open it's full of surprises. The flesh inside that you eat is white/silvery studded with jillions of dark seeds.

It tastes nice, kinda like a kiwi to canned pear flavor. I liked it much better than when I gave liechi berries a try. I could eat this again. It's big and rich, so I was able to eat some, share some and still have dragon fruit leftover for another day.

I bought the red dragon fruit, but there was a stand with some different colored dragon fruit next to it. They were evidentally yellow dragon fruit, and they had an appealing gold/peach tone. Next time I might try the other, or get both to compare and contrast the flavor.

Have you ever eaten a dragon fruit before my fellow serpents? If so, what do you think of it? If not, Would you be interested in trying it?

This is a picture of the one I got.

Bonus question: All this talk of eating is making me hungry. If you managed to befriend a real dragon, what would you feed your dragon for food?

I guess it depends on the dragon. I imagine many of them would be carnivores. The classic, big flying medieval fire-breathing dragon of legend seem to be, and are associated with preying on livestock and maybe people. In real life Komodo dragon hunt lots of different animals, even horses and water buffalo. On the other hand though, in our world the bearded and sailfin dragons are omnivorous, and eat things like vegetables. If it was a dragon that lived underwater than it probably eats what's in it's environment, things like seaweed, plankton, might scavange the wreckage of sunken ships for snacks. Hopefully it doesn't get a scuba diver or a mermaid.

The dragon I would most like to meet is Draco from Dragonheart, and he liked to eat farm animals. So I would probably buy him a chicken. If I were to meet a dragon Pokemon then it would be nice to meet Dratini or Latias perhaps, and I know that they will take berries or pokepuffs, so I will whip up a nice sweetie for them.

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
Years
Hey, thought of a neat question. Which type do you think is the best when paired with the Dragon type. My personal pick is the Ice type.

Years
Have you ever eaten a dragon fruit before my fellow serpents? If so, what do you think of it? If not, Would you be interested in trying it?

I have literally never seen a fruit like this in the stores here, so no I haven't.
The cut open picture doesn't look that appetizing to me tbh, so I probably wouldn't try it.

Bonus question: All this talk of eating is making me hungry. If you managed to befriend a real dragon, what would you feed your dragon for food?

The corpses of my enemies 😈

I'd imagine they eat meat. So any easily obtained meat like chicken, pig, cow or sheep meat.
If they also eat vegetables or plants... well idk. Pumpkin, Broccoli or whatever I can buy =p

Honestly the biggest problem might be figuring out what it both needs and what it likes lol

Which type do you think is the best when paired with the Dragon type?

Although I do like Ice types and Kyurem, Kyurem has 5 weaknesses.
In that regard Steel pairs far better as Steel/Dragon only has 2 weaknesses.

Though if we're just talking aesthetically then yeah, Ice types =3

Years
Putting the images in spoilers in case someone hasn't seen it yet, but in Legends Arceus they gave Sliggoo and Goodra a new regional form. This regional form is Steel/Dragon type.
The Dex images for the Hisui version don't really do it justice though imo.

Spoiler:

Which do you prefer?
Any additional thoughts? =3

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I kinda prefer the way the non-Hisui forms look, but the Dragon/Steel typing is really nice

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
*DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS FROM THE WITCHER.*

https://youtu.be/SlEIjH5S-iE

*Lightning surges...thunder roars..
Flames dance and water rolls...ice chills the air as an army of Beasts of various shapes and sizes flank in an ominous warrior in shining blue armor...*

...*it's the return of...The King.*

Yeah, I'm here. Sorry deeply, I honestly list the site name, but I'll definitely contribute to some things when I have the chance. The hunt has also consumed me...at this point I have the better part of 1p boxes full of Dragons in SWSD.

It's good to see things are still going and active though...in other news, got my Shiny Galarian Zapdos and Articuno, and I could surely send some extra Dragons out.

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
Years
Dragon fruit is not something I have eaten.
If I had a dragon, Then I would feed it cows. I would open a farm only to feed my dragon, after all who would stop me.
I enjoy the new Goodra as they can defeat fairy types, and I hate being poisoned.

Thanks for reading, and may your shiny luck be good.

Years
Hi there dragons tamers!

A warm welcome back to the Dragon King!

Thanks for contributing a cool question Pokefan!

To answer I think dual typings that lose the standard weaknesses are always promising. Steel/dragon is cool, take that fairies, ice and even other dragons! I also like dragon fire, and think it fits what the typing is all about in terms of the myths of fire-breathing dragons.

To answer Rekoil's question about Hisui Sligoo and Goodra. I think it's not bad.

Design-wise I prefer the original Kalos Goodra because it has such a perky, childlike charm. It's counterpart from Legends Arceus still has a design that still makes sense, where the gastropod characteristics are enhanced. I think it looks more like a dragon/poison type, but I guess I can still see some dragon steel qualities with the shell, but either are great types for it. It's stats look beautiful, I like how it got a big physical defense bump and think it looks like a terrifying tank on both defense fronts, while still having the same good mixed attacking capabilities. I think the old Goodra would be offensively better because it's faster, and has access to more move, so it's according to what you need on your team I guess, but the regional variant of Goodra is really strong, and I think would have the upper hand in one on one battle against it's predecessor.

I have a new question for my fellow dragon tamers!

Is there any new content that you're looking forward this year with dragons or dragon-like creatures ?

I was inspired to post this question by Prehistoric Planet, the upcoming Sir David Attenborough documentary series about dinosaurs. The recreations have taken my breath away. This is the trailer that got me excited. I can't wait for it this May!

How about you, what's on your radar?

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
Years
Is there any new content that you're looking forward this year with dragons or dragon-like creatures ?
Unfortunately I have not seen any exciting media involving dragon, wyverns, lizards, snakes, and even turtles. Although this question does mean more people will answer it, so maybe something cool will be brought to my attention.

Years

Well I'm looking forward to seeing what new Dragon types will be in Scarlet/Violet :fufu:
Other than that I can't really think of anything tbh.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is unrelated, but I wanna show off this awesome Salamence stained glass art I've obtained:
Spoiler:

Attachments

• IMG_20220507_170721483.jpg
    IMG_20220507_170721483.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20220507_170802717.jpg
    IMG_20220507_170802717.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 45
Years
Hi, I know I am super late for this lol, but I'd like to join! I love dragon types and in general legends and stories about dragons and I absolutely find snakes and reptiles amazing. I am very curious about them! Also, I would choose the wise guidance of Reshiram (Reshiram also looks really fluffy lol)

About this, I have no idea lol. As ReKoil mentioned, I am very curious to see the new dragon types in Scarlet/Violet. Also, do you think Scarlet/Violet legendaries will be dragon types?
More than that, idk if it's topic related at all, but just recently I found out the existence of some incredible snakes. They are commonly called "flying snakes" because they have the ability to jump from a high tree and land on another tree with precision, while using their body to glide. I think it's extremely incredible and fascinating!

Here's a video:

Years
Hi, I know I am super late for this lol, but I'd like to join! I love dragon types and in general legends and stories about dragons and I absolutely find snakes and reptiles amazing. I am very curious about them! Also, I would choose the wise guidance of Reshiram (Reshiram also looks really fluffy lol)

About this, I have no idea lol. As ReKoil mentioned, I am very curious to see the new dragon types in Scarlet/Violet. Also, do you think Scarlet/Violet legendaries will be dragon types?
More than that, idk if it's topic related at all, but just recently I found out the existence of some incredible snakes. They are commonly called "flying snakes" because they have the ability to jump from a high tree and land on another tree with precision, while using their body to glide. I think it's extremely incredible and fascinating!

Here's a video:

It's never too late in the hour to enter the sacred cove and embrace your fellow dragon riders. Come gather around our blaze of dragon fire, for you are most welcome here Confused Piplup!

I love snakes too, fantastical dragons, modern day reptiles, all of this is on topic in our club. It's exciting to hear that you are fan of legends and stories featuring dragons. I once tried to update the club from time to time with a recorruing posts called A Dragon's Tail. It would be different fairy tales, mythology folklore where dragons played an important role. I might bring it back, if there's interest in it.

There's and example down below.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10095416&postcount=60

You choose well, Reshiram was my choice of mentor as well, and the Vast White Pokemon has judged you worthy, and we now present you with this dragon gem as a symbol or your membership to our clan.

I will drink a toast to seeing new dragon types in Scarlet/Violets! That's always thrilling!

To your question, do I think Scarlet/Violet legendaries will be dragon types?

Yeah, I do. Game Freak loves dragons, as everyone should, and they specifically like to use them as rare, powerful and majestic Pokemon. From gen 3 and up there has always been a dragon legendary, usually multiple ones. I would be very surprised if they didn't incorporate one. I think there will be also be a psuedolegendary dragon for the same reasons, the only time they ever failed to give us one was for gen 2.

The question that boggles my mind though is... will we ever get the long-awaited dragon type eeveelution?

Thank you for the video of the Paradise flying snake! This footage is so beautiful, and it's looks so cool arching itself and sailing through the air across the forests. I'm going to imbed this one to make sure everyone can see it, because dragons come in many different forms, some fly in the sky, others swim the oceans, there are dragons that burrow underground, they can be big or small, wyverns, pterodactyls, lizards, they can be found on storybooks or walking around in our world, and this one definitely counts. This club is for all creatures resembling dragons, and does not just stop at Pokemon. I'm wondering if I should revive the real-life dragon entries. I remember showcasing the Draco Lizard here once. Love the way it uses it's flaps of skin to glide and be it's wings.

Years
Do you think Scarlet/Violet legendaries will be dragon types?

The main legendaries? not expecting it tbh.
Will there be a new legendary Dragon type in the game? Probably.

Although I love Dragons, I do feel the legendary roster is a bit over-saturated with them at this point.
Psychic type legendaries are in the same situation. Again, I love that type too.
I just feel like they are ignoring certain types too much for legendary Pokemon.

Psychic and Dragon have many legendaries. Now take a look at how many Poison and Bug type legendaries there are =p
If you don't include UB's (which I personally don't, as a lot of them could be caught multiple times back in Alola), there is literally only one: Eternatus. Oh, and that's part Dragon =p
Bug would only have Genesect and that's a mythical >.>

Not that I'll ever turn down new Psychic or Dragon type legendaries.
I'm just saying, spread that legendary love around a bit to the other types Game Freak =3

This makes me curious though, so I'll put out a question myself: Do you feel like certain types (for example Dragon) have an over-saturation of legendary Pokemon?

Will we ever get the long-awaited dragon type eeveelution?

People want new eeveelutions bad enough, so possibly.
Personally I think they should make a regional Eevee form for any new eeveelutions to avoid things getting too clustered. If Eevee were to get all the types as eeveelutions without a regional form, keeping track of what to avoid to end up evolving it wrong is gonna be a hassle. Like in Legends Arceus I was affection evolving an Eevee for an Umbreon, but I forgot it had already learned the Fairy move and so it became a Sylveon instead. No harm done since I would've had to evolve one into a Sylveon anyway, but mistakes like that will become really easy to make if they add more eeveelutions without using a regional form.

Last edited:
Years
It's never too late in the hour to enter the sacred cove and embrace your fellow dragon riders. Come gather around our blaze of dragon fire, for you are most welcome here Confused Piplup!

You choose well, Reshiram was my choice of mentor as well, and the Vast White Pokemon has judged you worthy, and we now present you with this dragon gem as a symbol or your membership to our clan.

Thank you very much, I am glad to be part of this clan! And thanks for the cool sparkling dragon gem! May Reshiram be a faithful guide for us!

reshiram.gif

I love snakes too, fantastical dragons, modern day reptiles, all of this is on topic in our club. It's exciting to hear that you are fan of legends and stories featuring dragons. I once tried to update the club from time to time with a recorruing posts called A Dragon's Tail. It would be different fairy tales, mythology folklore where dragons played an important role. I might bring it back, if there's interest in it.

There's and example down below.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10095416&postcount=60

Wooooow, this is AMAZING. It's really interesting and I loved the story! Yes, these kinds of myths and tales are extremely interesting and fascinating to me! It was a really cool post, thanks for having shared it! ^_^

Thank you for the video of the Paradise flying snake! This footage is so beautiful, and it's looks so cool arching itself and sailing through the air across the forests. I'm going to imbed this one to make sure everyone can see it, because dragons come in many different forms, some fly in the sky, others swim the oceans, there are dragons that burrow underground, they can be big or small, wyverns, pterodactyls, lizards, they can be found on storybooks or walking around in our world, and this one definitely counts. This club is for all creatures resembling dragons, and does not just stop at Pokemon. I'm wondering if I should revive the real-life dragon entries. I remember showcasing the Draco Lizard here once. Love the way it uses it's flaps of skin to glide and be it's wings.

As for this, I am glad you liked it. Indeed I found it really interesting and I am happy to having found someone to share this with lol.

Will we ever get the long-awaited dragon type eeveelution?

I think it could be probable at some point. I have some doubts, which are mainly two: the design and the evolution method. As for the first one, I would say that a dragon type eevee could be really hard to make, because I think it could really hard to transform a mammal into a reptile look. However this kinda happened with Vaporeon, so maybe it could happen again. I m kinda curious/scared of what could be the result tho lol.
As for the evolution method, nothing in special comes to my mind, except that there are some dragon related items, like Dragon scale but I wouldn't like if we had to trade eevee with the dragon scale to evolve it to a dragon form, even if it would make sense, since there are no eevolutions obtainable by trade. That said, I consider it quite hard to see a dragon eevolution right now in gen 9, but obviously I hope to see one as soon as possible!

Do you feel like certain types (for example Dragon) have an over-saturation of legendary Pokemon?

Not at all, for now. They're alternating those legendary pokemon pretty well. Also, since they were born to be considered "special" and taking into account the mythical and symbolical role they have even in the real world, I am pretty ok with having more and more main legendaries being dragon types. Also, GF mostly comes out with good designs for dragon types, in my opinion. There are some I like less, but in general I like the most of them!

To answer my own question... Do you think the S/V legendaries will be dragon types?

I think and I hope so! I was referring to the two main legendaries. I am pretty sure there will be a dragon legendary type in the trio, but I think it's quite time to have again two dragon types as the main two legendaries. It's since gen 5 that dragon types are missing on the boxes of the game lol. So I'd be pretty happy if the trend started again, even if fairy types kinda made dragon types a little less special, in my opinion. I love fairy types too, it's not a diss but just a consideration lol

And I have also done the "What Dragon-Type Pokemon are you?" test and my result was... Dragonite!

"You are an extremely rare marine Pokemon. Your intelligence is said to match that of humans. There are many rumors, since little is known about you or your kind. It is said that you live somewhere in the sea and that you fly. Again this is only a rumor. You do, however, have an impressive build that allows you to fly freely over raging seas without trouble. It is also said that you constantly fly over the immersive seas and rescue drowning people. What is also said is that there is an island out in the ocean that your kind gather and only your kind can reach and live there. You are capable of circling the globe in just 16 hours. You are kind-hearted and will lead lost and foundering ships in a storm to the safety of land. You can fly in spite of your bulky physique. You guide crews of shipwrecks to shore."

dragonite-pokemon.gif

Not one of my fav dragon type pokemon lol, but definitely an interesting result!

Last edited:

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
Years
I have a question for the group. What Pokémon do you think is the best when paired with dragon types? You can pick whichever dragon type you want, can not pair it up with another dragon, and this includes both cool factor, power, and practical reasons.

I believe the coolest team-up is Kyurem (I am biased) and Mewtwo(I am still biased).
For power I pick Victini and Kyurem, Mega Rayquaza and Mega Mewtwo for base stats, Black Kyurem (Electric+Ice*Dragon=victory) and Arceus for conquest.
for practical reasons I pick White Kyurem (Too control my temperature) and Arceus (I don't need to explain this one).

Last edited:
Years
Hello! I was watching a gameplay video of Elden Ring and in the games there are many interesting and incredibly good looking dragons. The one that caught my attention was indeed Lichdragon Fortissax, a very cool dragon that uses magic and electricity to fight the player. The boss fight was said to be not the hardest, but still one of the best in the games.

Spoiler:

Watching the boss fight against such an incredible creature, made me think about something.
Do you think dragons are overused in video games?
How do you feel about dragons being portrayed as intelligent beings, even if reptiles, in general, aren't at all?
What do you think about dragons that use other kinds of powers (like electricity) instead/other than their usual spitting fire? Do you still consider them dragons or they should be labeled as something else?

My answers:

I love dragons and I think that it's pretty fair that they are used in video games because they are not existent, which makes humans more interested in creating these creatures and knowing more about them. When compared to other mythical beings like fairies, trolls and so on, I would say that dragons are way more represented than those. It's probably their interesting looks that catches our attention, but other than that, I feel like sometimes they are so over used in the fantasy world in general, that sometimes they loose their privileged role, becoming a common presence.

I mean dragons are often seen as ancient and ancient = wise. I would say indeed that dragons are portrayed as wise more than intelligent, but since they're animals it's not so right to talk about being wise. Intelligence seems to be a better topic of discussion. In some games, the dragons can talk, they can behave, they even know magic (in some games, like the souls-like ones, being able to use magic means you are really intelligent). In some other games however, they are more magnificent creatures that we have to fight and defeat. Those ones are mainly portrayed as "animals", meaning they're not intelligent enough to speak and all the other things. I personally like both views, but I think that the idea of the wise dragon should be a little less frequent, because as I said before, it's becoming a little too common.

I am instead quite a big fan of dragons being able to use other powers like electricity and magic, because that's a way to innovate the idea of a dragon. While, it's pretty interesting that in the collective imaginary dragons are in a certain way and can only spit fire and therefore we can consider them "true dragons", it's also cool to see an evolution or a change of the usual image of a dragon. But, can they still be considered dragons? I wouldn't mind having a perfect description of the dragon species (even if it probably exists) and have criteria to identify which creatures are dragons and which ones are something else. On the other hand, I think it would really depend a lot on the fantastic world in which the dragons are put in. Therefore, I guess I don't have a true answer to this yet, but I really like the idea of dragons not being portrayed in the usual way.
I think that it's indeed a nice way and a good path to follow to innovate the presence and the role of a dragon into a video game or any other fictional work. However, I would never want to see the old "true dragons" to disappear.

Back