• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event *Results!* Eurovision Song Contest 2022!

Years
I saw that the show didn't end till a little over 1am for me.
I watched the acts and then just went to bed a little after that =p
I'm not gonna wait like 90 minutes for the voting results at that time of day xD

Anyway
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Chanel was invited to play in the Madrid city festival held today, at the relatively small Plaza Mayor, and there were hordes of people that had to be turned away because just so many people wanted to watch her. I can confirm I have never before in my life witnessed something like this.

Years
I saw that the show didn't end till a little over 1am for me.
I watched the acts and then just went to bed a little after that =p
I'm not gonna wait like 90 minutes for the voting results at that time of day xD

Anyway
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Chanel was invited to play in the Madrid city festival held today, at the relatively small Plaza Mayor, and there were hordes of people that had to be turned away because just so many people wanted to watch her. I can confirm I have never before in my life witnessed something like this.

The funny thing is she wasn't always a popular choice I heard...

She done good!

Years
Spoiler:

Time for the afterparty!

The ESC is over for another year, but we're not finished just yet... we have a series of general knowledge music related events for you all to enjoy!

They can be found in this post!

There are four events, two already revealed, two brand new, for you all to try your hand at! These were all supposed to be announced during the actual ESC but illness got in the way, I'm really sorry about that.

Forget any previous deadlines, you have until Sat 21st May at 10:59 PM (UTC) / 11:59pm (BST)https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20220521T225900&p1=1440 to submit your answers for any of the four events that you wish to take part in, as well as to submit your top 10 Eurovision songs from this year's 40 contestants if you haven't already!!!

We will wrap up one week after the ESC Final to make up for the delays in getting these events out. I will also be playing some of the best ever Eurovision tunes at this weeks QueUp session on:
Fri 20th May at 6:00 PM (UTC) / 7:00pm (BST)https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20220520T180000&p1=1440
Click on the time above to see when that is in your local time zone! :)

We hope you will all join in the celebration!!!​

Years
Today is the last day of the events so if you want to submit any answers and / or rankings then this will be the final call 😊

Last edited:
Years
I nearly forgot to put in my own votes!!!

Just missing out on my top 10 were:

15. Alvan & Ahez - Fulenn (France)

I loved this song right from the outset! A very unique flavour, and one I'll listen to for many years to come!

14. Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer (Sweden)

Incredibly infectious after a few listens, but not quite Sweden's very best of recent times imo.

13. Rosa Linn - Snap (Armenia)

It's 4am... I can't turn my head off. Nuff said.

12. Kalush Orchestra - Stefania (Ukraine)

Another unique flavour and a truly great song, but a touch too much rap for my own personal tastes.

11. Subwoolfer - Give That Wolf A Banana (Norway)

A fun effort and very catchy. It doesn't get more Eurovision than this. Someone give that wolf an 11th place!

Ok, time to get into the points!!!

10. Stefan - Hope (Estonia)

This was nowhere near my top 10 when it was selected for Estonia... to say it grew on me is an understatement! I love this song!

9. Systur - Með Hækkandi Sól (Iceland)

An extremely beautiful and underrated song that reminds me a lot of The Common Linnets from 2014.

8. WRS - Llámame (Romania)

Unlike Estonia, Romania's wonderfully catchy effort got stuck in my head from day 1!

7. Monika Liu - Sentimentai (Lithuania)

Sometimes the ESC delivers a song that can only be described as art... well this is the 2022 exhibit! Unlike most acts, she also wrote all the music and lyrics herself.

6. Achille Lauro - Stripper (San Marino)

Turned down to represent Italy this year, Achille Lauro then went on to earn the chance to represent San Marino! A daring song, that is so full of energy!

5. S10 - De Diepte (Netherlands)

I didn't fully appreciate this masterpiece at first, but it slowly rose to hit my top 5!

4. The Rasmus - Jezebel (Finland)

When I first heard it, I wasn't so sure, but now all I can say is: JEZEBELLLL... I don't know how you got in my blood!!!

3. Ochman - River (Poland)

This song is ridiculously good. Very simple lyrics, but Ochman uses them to take us on an incredible journey, packed with key changes, and crammed full of emotion!

2. We Are Domi - Lights Off (Czech Republic)

This song has been my number two since I first heard it. An utter bop of a song that will have you singing it all day!

1. Mia Dimšić - Guilty Pleasure (Croatia)

I'm a sucker for a good folk song, especially ones that tell a story very well! Mia's voice is just so well suited to this sort of song, and I look forward to hearing a lot more from her in the coming years!

Years
Okay... that's it folks!

The lines are now closed, so your vote won't count, but you may still be charged ;)

I will now close this thread for a short time while I calculate the final results!

Years
The results are now in! You can view them on the first page in this post.

Congratulations to our champions and thank you everyone for taking part!!!

The results of our quiz events will be up as soon as we can tally the scores! :)

Years
Spoiler:

The results of the afterparty events are now in! You can see who won in this post!

Thank you everyone that took part 😊

*I edited this into a previous post instead of posting a new one by mistake, so you probably didn't receive a ping before!*

Back