• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I updated to version 1.6.8, but now I want to go to 1.6.9 and get an error "ROM checksum mismatch". What can I do?

i love this project so much.

Try using different Emerald roms. Are you patching the same rom or a new Emerald rom?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Hey will there be more customization features in a future update? I would like to play as different trainer classes. It would be cool if you get to choose that in the same spot in the pkmn center where you "customize" your trainer

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Good Day everyone , today I would like to bring a little bugfix update with some little QoL changes that some people may like
Here is the list of changes:

Changelog 1.6.9.1
Spoiler:

The mystery gift is the same as last version

Download link and Patcher:
https://belialclover.github.io/Rowe-Patcher/

As this update, I will no longer upload the patches to Mediafire, if you want to patch the game manually the link above has both the patch and
the link to the patcher used for this game (NUPS patcher).

Screenshots:
8AcWjz0.png

NorseTLoki

Eilreicht Bass
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Question, since some hacks can and others can't, will I be able to use the same save file from an older version with the newer one if I update the game?

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Question, since some hacks can and others can't, will I be able to use the same save file from an older version with the newer one if I update the game?

Yes you should be able to use your past version save on any future version, you just can't use a save of a newer version on a past version

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
Been enjoying the game so far. Got 2 badges and the first gym pleasantly caught me by surprise with a challenge. Thank you for the hard work put into this. Is there anyway to turn off custom abilities in the newest update? Id personally prefer to play with just the existing abilities. I also have a bug to report, payday on my alolan meowth doesnt do normal type damage it does dark type damage.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I'm patching the same 1.6.8 ROM, but I keep getting that error.
if i update another emerald rom how do i keep my progress?

patch a regular emerald rom. then copy the old pokemon rowe rom into a different folder as a backup. then delete the old pokemon rowe rom. lastly you rename the new updated pokemon rowe patched rom with the same exact name as the old one.

if it works, you won't need the old pokemon rowe backup. this worked for me.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
I'm trying to rematch Brawly for the mega stone, I've already rematched him twice but it's not working now. Am I doing something wrong?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
possible glitch?

I got the petalburg gym badge as my first badge now im in rustboro and the gym trainers won't challenge me. The gym leader does but not the gym trainers.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
possible glitch?

I got the petalburg gym badge as my first badge now im in rustboro and the gym trainers won't challenge me. The gym leader does but not the gym trainers.

Only the gym leader will challenge you again.

Sazandora800

Hydreigon enthusiast
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Battle Tent (Slateport) rental pokemon movesets seem a bit wonky, when Seviper appears in the selection it has Gunk Shot, Glare, Crunch and Coil, but when I use it in battle Gunk Shot is replaced by Feint. I've also seen this happen on a rental Machamp, where its Fissure was replaced by Seismic Toss when I sent it out in battle, and a Blissey had Wish while viewing its moves when selecting what rental pokemon to use, but in battle Wish was replaced by Echoed Voice. Also an opponent's Pyroar had Nasty Plot, but when I swapped one of my own pokemon for it, the Pyroar had Endeavor instead of Nasty Plot. mGBA, version 1.6.9.1, I used the online patcher.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
I've been getting a bunch of black screens. At first, I thought it was the speed-up button so I unbound it but, it happens even if I do not speed up. The game would go black, say from leaving a building, finishing a battle, or exiting the pokemon menu. My friends have experienced this as well.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Is their any shiny charm in the game and if so how do I get it?

After defeating the 8th gym leader.

I've been getting a bunch of black screens. At first, I thought it was the speed-up button so I unbound it but, it happens even if I do not speed up. The game would go black, say from leaving a building, finishing a battle, or exiting the pokemon menu. My friends have experienced this as well.

Which emulator are you using? Don't use VBA. It won't work. Best emulator for device:
Android: MyBoy!
Windows: mGBA
iOS: Retroarch mGBA core.

Battle Tent (Slateport) rental pokemon movesets seem a bit wonky, when Seviper appears in the selection it has Gunk Shot, Glare, Crunch and Coil, but when I use it in battle Gunk Shot is replaced by Feint. I've also seen this happen on a rental Machamp, where its Fissure was replaced by Seismic Toss when I sent it out in battle, and a Blissey had Wish while viewing its moves when selecting what rental pokemon to use, but in battle Wish was replaced by Echoed Voice. Also an opponent's Pyroar had Nasty Plot, but when I swapped one of my own pokemon for it, the Pyroar had Endeavor instead of Nasty Plot. mGBA, version 1.6.9.1, I used the online patcher.

This is likely due to a change Riolu made to movesets. I'll pass this onto him. Good find.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Been enjoying the game so far. Got 2 badges and the first gym pleasantly caught me by surprise with a challenge. Thank you for the hard work put into this. Is there anyway to turn off custom abilities in the newest update? Id personally prefer to play with just the existing abilities. I also have a bug to report, payday on my alolan meowth doesnt do normal type damage it does dark type damage.
For the custom abilities, try playing in vanilla mode, thats already a thing
for the alolan meowth and pay day check the signature moves document that can be downloaded in the patcher you should get an idea on how it works(its intended)

Back