• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new and Improved Garnet & Turquoise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
At the premission of Dawnson, I have made a new thread, a better one.

Ok:
GTPromo.gif
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garnet & Turquoise are two games that take place 1 year before R/B/Y/FR/LG. It Takes Place in the Reigon of Pavvailion:
PavvailionMap.bmp
A remote reigon that is locked between Ocean and Badlands.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, let's talk more about the game:
This game will go through one of the most challenging storylines of all:

1: You Must Collect 12 badges to enter the Pavvailion League. (Note: The last Gym Leader has level 60+ pokemon)
2: You will work on completing a Pokedex of an enourmous size.
3: The Hardest of all, you must stop the evil Team Pavvailion from tking control of everything before it's too late!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completed Features as of now:
1. Boy/Girl Character choice

Partially Complete Features:
1. A custom text box system.
2. CBS
3. Intro and Opening
4. The Run Feature
5. The Random Weather System

Coming Soon:
1. The Bank System
2. The Mail System
3. The Computer System
4. CMS

(all partial systems except CBS should be done shortly)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rips:
Rip2.gif

Intro

Rip1.gif

The Magnolia Lab

Town1.gif

Topaz Village (not finished)​

More rips will come soon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff:
Mooshykris (Me)
Nicoleb
Jeff_PKlight

Anybody is welcome to join.

I hope you like the new G/T!

-=+Mooshykris+=-

p.s. If you want anything else here, just ask.

Last edited:

Neo Genesis

The Wanderer
Years
Topaz village looks okay but you might wanna change the flowers behind the gym aside from that nice game!Btw I can make some towns if You want me to.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
NeoRagnarock said:
Topaz village looks okay but you might wanna change the flowers behind the gym aside from that nice game!Btw I can make some towns if You want me to.

Hmmmm... Make Layouts? I don't know...

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
Years
NeoRagnarock said:
Welcome, NeoRagnarock! What do your villages and cities look like? Do you have a demo?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
The new thread looks great. Better than the last. You should add some NPCs or something in that lab though in my opinion.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Daegon_Kimeron said:
The new thread looks great. Better than the last. You should add some NPCs or something in that lab though in my opinion.

NPCs? What are they?

Also, I have my intro finished! Rips are on their way!

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Mooshykris, NPCs stand for Non Playable Characters, in other words, they are the people you talk to in every pokemon game

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
Seems like you've worked very, very hard, but there's room for improvement on some of your screens. For example, the pixels on most of your screens seem to be scattered.(In other words, your pictures aren't clear) Try saving your screenshots as PNG. Another thing that could be improved is backgrounds like the Pokemon Garnet/Turquise(sp?) ones. You can try to apply shading where its needed to make it look more attractive to your players if you know what I mean. So once again, the following could be improved:

1.Garnet/Turquise Title Screen:(Add Shading where its needed) (Save as PNG)

2.Your Region Map: (Could use some improvement if you would like it to look like official maps) Look at this for guidance: http://www.pokelord.com/jeux/gen3/rs/soluce/plans/map_hoenn.gif

3. Different Backgrounds(Prof. Oak's background to be specific):(Shading in the right places)

Once again also, save your pic as png. If you need any ideas for badges or anything concerning your game, don't hesitate to pm me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
Also, you BEST BET is to not write checks you might not be able to cash. You said something about an enormous sized pokedex and if its a new pokemon dex, you'd better rethink that cause there's alot of work involved and it would be twice the work if you aren't too good a spriter(I'll take back what I said if you find good spriters who would be willing to help you; another hard task).

Good luck anyway.

Matt12345678

The Famous N00b
Years
MetaMew said:
Also, you BEST BET is to not write checks you might not be able to cash. You said something about an enormous sized pokedex and if its a new pokemon dex, you'd better rethink that cause there's alot of work involved and it would be twice the work if you aren't too good a spriter(I'll take back what I said if you find good spriters who would be willing to help you; another hard task).

Good luck anyway.
I'll help Mooshykris. I'm a pretty good sprite....I could try....

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
Years
Matt12345678 said:
I'll help Mooshykris. I'm a pretty good sprite....I could try....
Yeah! That Kenta Sprite on your sig' looks really good!

Anyways, I'll post the Sprite Edits I did:

The hero and heroine, Scott and Nicole (^_^):

Pokemon_Sprite_Scott.png

Pokemon_Sprite_Nicole.png

Two of the NPC. The first one has no name yet, and second one is Bronze. THese two are actually from Bronze, but, still...:

Pokemon_Sprite_Wally-Like-Trainer.png

Pokemon_Sprite_Bronze.png

These two I did when I was bored:

Intro-1.bmp

Intro-2.bmp

A Map of Pavvailion (defult size):

Pokemon_Map_Pavvailion.png

Battle Scenes:

Grass (Day):

Battle-1.png

Grass (Night):

Battle-2.png

Sea (Day):

Battle-3.png

Sea (Night):

Battle-4.png

Beach (or) Desert (Day):

Battle-5.png

Beach (or) Desert (Night):

Battle-6.png

Long Grass (Day (or) Night):

Battle-7.png

Cave (or) Dungeon (Day (or) Night):

Battle-8.png

Under Water (Day (or) Night):

Battle-9.png

And here are the shadow grounds for them, (you can use these to make the shadows of the Pokemon in battle. They areone extract darker than the ones above):

Shadow_Battle-1.png

Shadow_Battle-2.png

Shadow_Battle-3.png

Shadow_Battle-4.png

Shadow_Battle-5.png

Shadow_Battle-6.png

Shadow_Battle-7.png

Shadow_Battle-8.png

Shadow_Battle-9.png

And a battle scene making kit for anyone who wants it:

Battle_Making_Kit-1.png

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
Ah, it looked familiar.

On that note, can I use that sprite, Vicener?

EDIT: Theft! Bloody theft! That's Polaris'! I KNEW it looked familiar.

Haha, I don't even HAVE to ask you now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
mattgcn said:
Ah, it looked familiar.

On that note, can I use that sprite, Vicener?

EDIT: Theft! Bloody theft! That's Polaris'! I KNEW it looked familiar.

Haha, I don't even HAVE to ask you now.

????? What?! There is absolutly no theft in my game(s)!

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
Years
Mooshykris said:
????? What?! There is absolutly no theft in my game(s)!
He might mean Matt12345678. I know I didn't steal anything. I was THERE when I made them. ^_^ And I know Chris didn't steal anything. He's not that kind of guy. How do you know Matt12345678 did, anyway (if you do mean him)? Proof, please. -_______-

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I think that you should try make your maps as big as possible. Since your using RMXP- and can have massive tilesets, you should have at least 2 towns(including the routes) on one map.
Nice screens though. Seem pretty close to the real ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back