• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opinions on: Salamence

Moonlit_Angel

EVIL Queen of Darkness
Years
OK, peoples, I decided to sometimes make a thread on opinions of Pokemon. Salamence gets the hot seat right now! (I do all these Pokemon randomly) So....... what are your personal opinions of Salamence?

Mine is, well, it's a cool Pokemon. I like how it looks. The way it stands..... so cool! Yay! So, your opinions, my good people.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I think Salamence is a really cool Pokemon, but I think it should of had a sleeker body designed for flight. I'm also a little unhappy with the moves it learns. Especially that it learns a HM attack by itself, Fly, which is probably only there to support it's PokeDex entry. :P

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
Years
nice you wanna do a thread for each pokemon, but it would save space if you could do one thread for all. Like the pokemon hotseat or something. Then you can look at them in turn.

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
Years
lol well if you did one thread you could still do each pokemon. It just helps us keep the site neat and tidy.

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
Years
I think Salamence is pretty cool although I don't like its looks the most. It's cool though as it learns Dragon Dance and Crunch and Dragon Claw, etc. If I rated it out of 10 judging on whether I liked it or not, I'd give it an 8.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
Umm salamence...= cool, strong, powerful,mean looking(in a cool way), better than Flygon =p(hehe , but not by to much).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
I think salamence looks a lot cooler than flygon. Salamence isn't quite one of my most favourites, but i do like to use it on sapphire.
The shape of salamence is quite unique to other dragon pokemon as it stands on all fours when on the ground. Salamence is my favourite dragon.

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
Years
Salamence? Meh.. He's does look cool and fairly intimidating, I'll give him that. But he has nothing on Dragonite, lol.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Salemence is a very cool pokemon, my 2nd favorite out of all the others.It's strength is magnificent,its movepool is very good, and the looks of it are simply amazing.I always thought salamence was the rival pokemon to Dragonite, which is my favorite pokemon.Salamence, simply put, is an awesome pokemon.

~DragonTrainer

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Let's see...
Intimidate serves it quite well for things like Slaking, and it's a Dragon Dancer. It can surprise with special sweeping, though I don't like that route. Of course it still has a 4X weakness, but all Dragon Dancers 'cept Latios do I believe.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Kingdra and Lapras are forgotton now Kairi? =p *c* Smeragle?

Intimidate is always a plus. It's lifesaver at times. Ability to learn STAB aerial ace is always nice to rid double teamers. It does an excellent job at sweeping too with brick break, earthquake or double edge. A high natural speed/attack is always nice, as it can finish off Pokemon even without buffs. However it's defensive stats are not the greatest (and even worst due to lack of EV). It's all about sweeping and nothign else for this guy.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
It's nice to finally see a real western dragon. It has great powers and looks awesome. I love dragons, and Salamence is no exception. My only complaint is that it is so darned small.

Moonlit_Angel

EVIL Queen of Darkness
Years
You people are right. I know! Here's what I'll do:
Make ONE topic for each Pokemon. I'm in control of changing the opinionated Pokemon, I'll do this each week. :P Kinda like a Pokemon of the Week! Here goes! Look out for my topic!

Back