• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MaxBot (The all purpose AI of the future)

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this, but oh well.

First off I would like to let everyone know that this is not a game, it is a program with seemingly AI intellegence. I'm devolping it with the C++ script language from scratch. This will be a great chance for people that want to learn C++ to learn it. I will be showing The step by step process, and throw in a few pointers here and there for those that want to make a MaxBot on there computer.

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
char name;

cout<<"Hi I'm MaxBot, what's your name? ";
cin>> name;
cin.ignore();
cout<<"Wow that one weird name to process. I mean come on, "<<name
<<"\n";
cin.get();
}

Whan this is compiled and ran, it makes the very basic essince of MaxBot and looks a little like this.

D-jo4000

Gamemaster. Pokeruler
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2009
that's cool but what can the AI do

You could at least add a few simple mini-games

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
MaxBot will eventualy be ran in a Visual Viewer instead of the comand prompt. You will be able to have full lenght conversations with it, and even download differnt verions of it, and of course there will be games within it, its just the program itself isn't technicly a game.

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
ROFL, thats just one of the things you do. MaxBot will be able to help you out with everyday tasks on the computer, he is also very smart mouthed and sarcastic so nothing is ever really boring with him. Along with the games you can play with him, + lots more features. And if you follow this thread you might just learn C++.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Zerro said:
I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this, but oh well.

First off I would like to let everyone know that this is not a game, it is a program with seemingly AI intellegence. I'm devolping it with the C++ script language from scratch. This will be a great chance for people that want to learn C++ to learn it. I will be showing The step by step process, and throw in a few pointers here and there for those that want to make a MaxBot on there computer.

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
char name;

cin>> name;
cin.ignore();
cout<<"Wow that one weird name to process. I mean come on, "<<name
<<"\n";
cin.get();
}

Whan this is compiled and ran, it makes the very basic essince of MaxBot and looks a little like this.

Oh, another one of those? Interesting... Just make sure it doesn't develop aspirations to take over the world and make humanity obsolete.

Let us know when it's completed, so we can check it out.

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
Rofl. That ALICE is one cool bot, but it's not AI at all. It's a bunch of Variables, which is what I thought MaxBot was gonna be. But today I started to look into preceptrons, which basicly emulates a neron system therefore making it be able to learn. As you see in ALICE, she dosn't have much of a personality. In MaxBot however, you will be able to edit his personality as you see fit. As for now, I've added more to the script making it a bit more advanced, and if you notice the varibable CHAR, has been changed to STRING, this allows MaxBot to except a string of information. I've also added a new varible called INT, this var. allows MaxBot to except a non-decimal number.

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{

string name;

cin>> name;
cin.ignore();
cout<<"Wow, I thought I had a bad name. I mean come on, "<< name <<"\n";
cin.get();

{
int age;

cout<<"How old are you,"<< name <<"?";
cin>> age;
cin.ignore();
if ( age <= 14 ) {
cout<<"Wow your so young,"<< name <<".I bet you still wet the bed.\n";
}
else if ( age >= 15 < 70 ) {
cout<<"Wow, your in the prime of your life.Everything just feels like it was

yesterday right? That means your geting old stupid.\n";
}
else if ( age >= 71 ) {
cout<<"Wow you are old!Old people scare me, get away from me you"<< age <<"

freak!\n";
}
cin.get();
}

}

Again, I compiled the information and this is what you get.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
ye, I'd thought of that. like a tree of arrays, for example, you have the beginning array and in one of the slots it says: "I" then that slot takes you to another array with all possible words after I and you write "like" then that takes you to another possible array of words after like and you choose "apples" then the program bases it's opinion on the arrays that it went through and answers with "I like apples too" or smth like that.

So you would write "I like apples"
and the program would go to the beginning array "I" and then t the array of possible words after I and get "like" then do the same and get "apples" and it would print "I like apples too" XD

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Floats allow you to have decimals. Don't doubles hold decimal numbers too? BTW put your code in code tags. Why did you put a bracket after cin.get()?

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
Absol - No just Floats

[_DarkDragon_] - Sorta like that yea, but I asure you, with preceptron technology MaxBot will be able to make it's own sentences, and respond to others, and depending on the personality setting you have on MaxBot, He will change his answer/statement accordingly.

ex. I will be able to engage ALICE and MaxBot into a conversation :D

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
I hope MaxBot isn't like this:

Human: your just a few lines of code
ALICE: Just? Thanks and you are a delightful person too. Am I a few lines of code? No.
Human: yes you are
ALICE: No I'm not.
Human: not what?
ALICE: What not?

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
that would be hard, some genetic programming would help with the comprehension and auto-learning :\
Anyways, I think the problem with people who try to create AI is that they go too complicated, they should try to make the program able to learn and associate stuff, like a baby and then with time it would get really good and all they would have to do is meke a bunch of robots and ctrl+c and ctrl+v XD

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Reminds me of when I first started C++. Good luck.

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
Well like I said I'm working on preceptrons which basicly emulates the neron system of a brain. What it dose is shape it self to a perticular outcome and learn form its mistakes so it wont do them again. So a simple No, or dont do that command would be needed.

sketch

3D animator/movie director
Years
  • Age 30
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Wow,I'd never know how to do this.It seems pretty complex.So basically,you'll be able to like teach it stuff and it will remember?Hmm,interesting.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
I was talking to alice it was creepy and cool
especially when you ask her stupid questions :)

hope you finish I wanna see this for myself
\

Back