• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[B]how did you become a pokemon fan[/B]

pokemaster7

Is my Penguin army ready yet?
Years
just because i'm curious why and when did you became a pokemon fan (assuming that you are a fan)i just want to know? i was a fan when i heard of pokemon (late 2001) if i heard of pokemon ealyer i'd become a fan but i dont get out much then.my freinds played the games and since pokemon was so pouler the teacher let us play the pokemon vidio games

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 18, 2005
Digital Mage said:
I saw the anime on Sky One. I didn't think it was a big deal until I got the game & found out how amazing it was.
:P and you see..that is the EXCACT WAY I found it out as well ^^;;

Natsuki

.bluefang.
Years
I first became a Pokemon fan in...I want to say 1998. <.< I first caught wind of it when I saw an episode of it on TV. X3 I think it was the one where the whole group got stuck on an island with all those giant robotic Pokemon. :33 After that, I was totally hooked. XD

I began collecting and trading cards with kids in my class, then I got my very first Pokemon game - Pokemon Silver. =3 And to this day I still have my cards, although I don't do anything with them. XD; And I still have all my Pokemon games as well. :33

The only thing I've really grown out of is the anime. It's just a bit too repetitive to keep me interested. ^^;

~Kelsey

Years
Well, I forgot the exact year I first became a fan (It was that long ago)...
One year for Christmas, my stepbrother recieved Red as a present, and something so he could play it on the SNES. So, I would watch him (when he let me), and I thought it was so awesome. I always wanted to play, but I couldn't. So a year or so after that, on my birthday, I got a Gameboy Color (yellow), Yellow, and Blue. I've been hooked on the games since ^^

As for the anime, I first got into it...I forgot o_o; I saw it on TV and liked it, so I started watching it on a regular basis. I haven't really stopped watching it.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
It's the same for me also. When Pokemon first came out, I went and bought Blue version. Oh my god it was weird at first but now I'm so interested in it. I still play the cards at school with some friends. I have every version except Crystal and Leafgreen. It's funny how I was always the center of attention when it came down to pokemon. guess that's what happens when your a nerd in pokemon.

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
Years
In '97, my brother started playing the game, and when he showed me his book of pok?mon, I became interested in them. When my friends at school began trading cards, I got hooked on those for a while too.:D

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
I became a fan because I found the battle music coola nd the Pokemon Jigglypuff(Purin)was the most kawaii thing in the world and Silver(he was like hawt hawt hawt,it was a burden XDDD)

darkgamerGS

Addicted to Asuna
Years
Hmm... I saw an ad of it in a magazine, wanted to know how it was, and was immediately hooked. I'm not as obsessed with it as I used to be... besides Flannery, of course. =O

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
hmmmmmmm.....Well, I started to like it when I just started to play my Blue Version. Nothing else really ^^;; Just...randomly got the game, played it, loved it, got hooked!

Haunted_Angel

Silverbane Forever
Years
well i can't remeber exactly when but it was about 1991 or 98 when i first got the early games RED and BLUE since then ive been quite a fanatic, i was really excited when the series statered and i have been striving to get al the games, also i collected the cards and stuff ( i know some of its a bit off topic im sorry for that)

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
Years
I got caught into it because everything happened at once. I saw the show, then a few days later played the game, then a few days later i saw people with the cards, so i got hooked. I think this was uhhh 3rd-4th grade mabye?

Years
i got into it because a japanese student who moved here told us about it just as it was airing here. Omg, it was so nice to the advance knowledge. And every single guy played the game. We use to have lunch battles too. *glomps my blastoise* and and during recess, we would pretend to be pokemon. teehee.. it was good times.

i guess this was around.. 2000? *doesn't know*

Stepoen

Ultimatum
Years
I used to like it when it first started. Then I forgot about it. But when the GBA games started coming out, my friend was playing with it and she got me addicted to it now.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
Years
Ah, the memories.

I first got into Pokemon when I played my friend's Blue version on a school field trip to Monterey, after that its history.

Back