• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ranger Japanese Site Launches + Videos and more

ouendan

Video Game Nut
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2006
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/ds/ranger.html
scr_014.jpg
scr_011.jpg

scr_012.jpg
scr_013.jpg

Videos (requires flash):
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/ds/m1.swf
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/ds/m2.swf
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/ds/m3.swf
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/ds/m4.swf
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/ds/m5.swf

More Information up at IGN:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/681/681309p1.html

Looks awesome! :D

ouendan

Video Game Nut
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2006
It seems there is both a boy and a girl as the main characters for this game. I wonder if you can play as either...

Years
interesting

this looks preaty cool actually. it seems that alot of peoples dreams of your pokymon follo0wing you outside it's pokeball has come true. i wouldn't be surprised if pokemon dimond and pearl had these same kind of graphics.

that kind of grahpics would be ok with me for D & P, but i can imagine tons of people flamming this forum saying stuff like"where the f*ck is the D*mn 3D!?!?."

oh well.:'(

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
ouendan said:
It seems there is both a boy and a girl as the main characters for this game. I wonder if you can play as either...
It says "male/female main character", so I assume you can play as either one of them.

I guess it's going to be a little similar to R/S/E.

ouendan

Video Game Nut
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2006
kohei said:
It says "male/female main character", so I assume you can play as either one of them.

I guess it's going to be a little similar to R/S/E.
This is pure speculation, but it seems to me from the videos that when you "capture" pokemon as a pokemon hunter instead of as a pokemon trainer you don't get to keep them? Like you just capture them with that device by drawing a circle around them, and then you use them for whatever you may need them for, and then they are let loose again? Or do they just run off the screen? It's an interesting concept I'll admit, but if they are let loose everytime you use them for something it could get tedious. I hope there is a good variety of things you can use the pokemon for if that's the case.

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
ouendan said:
but it seems to me from the videos that when you "capture" pokemon as a pokemon hunter instead of as a pokemon trainer you don't get to keep them?
Um, this isn't really speculation, since the official site says you "borrow" the Pokemons individual power. And the movies seem to depict this too.

I personally think the scene where the Pokemon uses their powers to break rocks/burn mountains of straw is long and annoying.
I hope there are options to turn this off.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Gaming 24/7 < (very true)
Years
oh I can't beleive this I thought it was going to be like the other games but instead you have the 'really fun' task of running rings around pokemon whooped dee doo

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
poke lover said:
It seems like a really good game. I'm definetely getting it. I just don't understand all the crazy rings running around the Pokemon.
You run the rings around the wild Pokemon to capture them.

But the wild Pokemon (and its attacks) touching the rings while being drawn will break it, and drain the Poke Stylus's "energy" (batteries?)
This is whats explained by the video...

ouendan

Video Game Nut
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2006
kohei said:
Um, this isn't really speculation, since the official site says you "borrow" the Pokemons individual power. And the movies seem to depict this too.

I personally think the scene where the Pokemon uses their powers to break rocks/burn mountains of straw is long and annoying.
I hope there are options to turn this off.
Oh I didn't know that. I can't read Japanese. :P

Ziggy

Gaming 24/7 < (very true)
Years
I've also lost all interest in it as you have to start with either plusle or minum which I really don't like, the crummy run rings around pokemon to catch them thing is a good way to use the stylus but isn't that enjoyable and doesn't sound that difficult. and how are we meant to battle with each other, if you actually battle in the game which theres no evidence of.

Jessekb

>>>Jesse Graham<<<
Years
i like the old style pokemon!!!!

you know, R-S-E where just right, all they should do is make new items, pokemon, maps and characters.... and enchance the graphics, maybe a little bit!!!!

but i think the game looks good!

BUT!!

I LIKE THE ORIGIONAL!!!!!!!! ( But i will still buy it :-P)

Dark-Ralts

Formally known as poliwhirl
Years
how fast do you think that ranger will come to korea
i have coro coro magazine and in it has this scratch card and if i win, i get a ranger game a month before it comes out

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
Dark Venusaur said:
I dont think that game is worth buying. I dont know why.

~Dark Venusaur
True, it has a "um... hm... I'll wait" feel to it. I better buy it after reading reviews and stuff on 2ch or something.

But then, I had the same feeling for Pokemon MD, but it was worth the cash, so yeah, my predictions are usually off.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
kohei said:
True, it has a "um... hm... I'll wait" feel to it. I better buy it after reading reviews and stuff on 2ch or something.

But then, I had the same feeling for Pokemon MD, but it was worth the cash, so yeah, my predictions are usually off.
But If you also see the Mystery Dundeon clips they look way better than the Pokemon ranger clips. Overall in Mystery Dungeon you get to play as a Pokemon. So you might want to change your mind. If I had a choice of wheather MD or Pokemon Ranger I will go for MD

~Dark Venusaur

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
Dark Venusaur said:
But If you also see the Mystery Dundeon clips they look way better than the Pokemon ranger clips. Overall in Mystery Dungeon you get to play as a Pokemon. So you might want to change your mind. If I had a choice of wheather MD or Pokemon Ranger I will go for MD

~Dark Venusaur
I already own MD... but I did go through a 5 minute dillema on whether I should buy it or not. And this was in the game store.

But yeah, the site for MD seemed to use more "appealing" screenshots.

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2022
i reckon once you've cuaght them you can use them by calling upon them...then once you've used it you can call upon it some other time.

Back