• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021

Has anyone else gotten this? I picked it up at Best Buy today, and it?s pretty good! If not a pretty big departure for the series.

Now time doesn?t pass in increments of thirty seconds?instead one second equals one minute of game time. So it takes about half an hour to do a day of work. You can save in the middle of the day however, so that?s very handy. Years are only forty days long, instead of the usual one hundred and twenty. Ten days to a season, of course. An interesting amount of emphasis is place don marriage. You have to be married by the start of year two. This means if you don?t propose, the girl that likes you the most will! I kinda like that; it makes it easier to get wed. I?m going after the most difficult girl to court though, so eh. @_@;

I kind of get lost in the big environment, but there are some really good things

-Huge Rucksack

-A button in the barn to call the animals in

-You start with a cow you can mil twice a day (I think?)

-You can have different breeds of cows

-One bag of seed=one plant, but seed is cheap

Using tools feels a bit clumsy at the moment, but I?ll get used to it. ^_^;

Wing Zero

استاذ عن
Years
i use to thave the old one for n64, but i got really mad when a hurricane wrecked all my stuff over and over even every time i reseted...but the new one sounds pretty cool...
another reason i didnt like the old one was because it was such a small area, but from what you say its big...
you know what, mabey ill rent it and give it a try...for old times sake.

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
You can link it to the GBA version, and probably get some goodies for both. ^_^;

Ahh, now that I found the food bin life is much easier. Lol You can raise ducks and goats in addition to the normal set of animals. Years go by faster, but your child can actually grow and get a career this time.

Who?d you marry Legendary Pokegirl? ^_^;

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Ohh, I've been wanting this game! It looks so fun. ^_^ I love how you can have all of the different animals, and that your child actually grows up. (And so does your character, right?)

Did you marry Nami, Kairi? I read that she was the hardest. x_x; I like Celia! I think her character design is cute. In fact, all of the characters are! I love the Harvest Moon style.

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
Years
Kairi said:
You can link it to the GBA version, and probably get some goodies for both. ^_^;

Ahh, now that I found the food bin life is much easier. Lol You can raise ducks and goats in addition to the normal set of animals. Years go by faster, but your child can actually grow and get a career this time.

I read that you can have characters moving around from each town. However, I read this quite some times ago, so I'm not to sure if it's still true hehe...
It would be neat to try!

I like Celia out of the three girls in 'A Wonferful Life'. She seems like a nice person! For a video game character hehe...

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I?m trying to marry her anyways. I find it kind of funny how you can read the girl?s diary right in front of her XD

But yeah, I like her the best. So I go to the archeological site every day and dig her up some artifacts, which she seems to like. O.o;

Jordan has it easy, all he?d have to do is pick flowers for Celia. ;p

I?m not sure if you grow, but your child does yeah. You can have several characters move back and forth to and from Mineral town. Nami?s mom likes to go there, and van will set up shop there too.

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
Years
Kairi said:
I?m trying to marry her anyways. I find it kind of funny how you can read the girl?s diary right in front of her XD

But yeah, I like her the best. So I go to the archeological site every day and dig her up some artifacts, which she seems to like. O.o;

Jordan has it easy, all he?d have to do is pick flowers for Celia. ;p

I?m not sure if you grow, but your child does yeah. You can have several characters move back and forth to and from Mineral town. Nami?s mom likes to go there, and van will set up shop there too.
Yeah!
*says sarcastically*
Where, oh where will I ever find flowers!
Hehe...

From what I've seen, your character does grow older as time passes. Along with everyone else in the village! That's a cool feature!

Really? She likes to go? That's really cool!
Aww, now I want the game all the more!

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
Years
Kairi said:

That sounds funny.... @_@.....

Anyways I married Celia in the game.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2006
i love harvest moon and so does my gf, i advance so fast in the SNES one its not even funny, still waiting to play this one tho ^ ^

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Kairi said:
I'm not sure if you grow, but your child does yeah. You can have several characters move back and forth to and from Mineral town. Nami's mom likes to go there, and van will set up shop there too.
http://www.hmfarm.com/gc/page.php?file=charactergc

They do! ^_^ That is so neat. And all of the characters grow, too.

And I did hear that they are going to be making a Harvest Moon: FoMT and AWL for girls. I can't wait! I'm so tired of having to be a boy, even though that's not so bad. It's just... a bit weird, if you're a girl. I wish that they would allow you to design your own character. Like hair, eye, and skin color, clothes, etc.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
ya, they're making a girl one, even though i'm a guy i'll still get it. this game's pretty good. my sister has it and never lets me play. (almost never) it's definatly not the best in the series because you can only mary 3 different people (even though i'm trying to marry flora, but i think it's impossible) and the controls are kinda awkward, and it's long days are totaly not hm. the game boy game fomt is the best hm game ever. it rivals gold version for the title of severely cool gameboy game. but, if anybody's considering getting one or the other, go with the gameboy version, it's more better *so cool*

Years
I am pro'ly the numbuh one Harvest Moon FAN! I have every HM game except for the SNES version. I have AWL and i married Nami and had a kid =3 He is in his teenage years right now. IT TAKES FOREVER FOR THEM TO GROW THE FRIG' UP! *cough*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
you have competition for number one fan... i have every version except nes. so there. mwahaha

jscn12

Stupid Loser
Years
I have two versions, I don't A Wonderful Life yet becuase I need to raise my grades from 3.45 to 3.5 before i'm allowed to buy it....my parents are lame.

Back