• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Nuuuuuuu..... I hate that happened MM-SP!!1 ... uh, yes and no. Now I have one less to worry about with another Shiny Ninetails showing up. Muahahahaaaa!!!!

On my LG, I also went with Bulba, and my team stands as of now (in front of Snorlax) is .. um.. What I can remember: Venusaur (I just went all out with Razor Leaf and killed everything without using the others. Specially in Rock Tunnel), Pidgeotto (for FLY.), Dugtrio, and a Haunter I caught just to have, and a Pokemon for HMs. I may have another, I'm not sure, but I only needed the Grass Starter. I didn't even need Diglett/Dugtrio, as I found out. Ivysaur ripped through Surge. :/

Anyhoo..
SHC Report:

Welcome to all the new members! I must say.. I'm starting to feel awkward about my sig. I don't care much for it anymore. I think I might go back to my Wanted sign. It's cool, and I love GunSmoke and the like. Another one bites the dust! .. but that doesn't mean I have any new shinies. :(

Pokemon FireRed:
Main Objectives: Butch Magnemite and the Horsea Kid

I've went back to the Power Plant. Magnemite is my main focus on there. Why? The Magneton I raised on Emerald... Man is it AMAZING. I have REALLY taken a liking to this Pokemon! Although I don't like some of it's weaknesses.. and it's not all that fast... but if I can get in a good Thunderbolt, and Pokemon-permitting... the opponent is a goner.
I also have a Machamp on there.
I noticed one of the new members has a Machoke. That's really cool. The strategy I use with Machoke is almost like Wobbuffet, another Pokemon I like but don't use it alot.
The Machamp uses Revenge. It makes it go last (most of the time), much like Vital Throw. But if it takes damage, it will pack even more of a punch. Machamp's attack is very, very high (sometimes leveling up it went up by 5 a few times), and even if it doesn't get hit to get a boost, that Base Attack 60 and Same-Type boost is still gonna hurt (depending on Pokemon, as always). But that's me just flappin' my lips. Do whatever you want with it. There's alot of options. :) I never liked the Pokemon because I thought it was goofy and kinda stupid looking. But man that's changed now. It still might not make it onto my favorites list.. but wow man.

Emerald:
Main Targets: Mightyena/Poochyena, Absol, Sudowoodo, Otherwise.

Ok, before you even say a word.. I did NOT jump onto the bandwagons!! :P
Back when I was playing through the Adventure (I have already become the CHAMPION and all that just about), I came about Route 120. I loved it. All the Pokemon there were cool.. I even came across Absol a few times. Seeing as Mightyena came up so much, I thought I'd look for it. No dice. Absol is also there occasionally, so what the heck. :P But it's not my main objective, so don't worry. Although it's Emerald animation is SO COOL!!! .. I could do without some of the animations. I say, don't make the animation much longer than the Pokemon's Cry/Call. Spoink gets on my nerves. Alot. It just slows things down.. That goes for Whismur too. And all those that take a long time.... bah.
SUDOOOOOOOOOOOOWOOODOOOOOOO!!!!!!
.. Ok, I got that out of my system. I didn't know that Johto Pokemon were in this game. I remember seeing SOMETHIG about after you get the National Dex and catch so many Pokemon, Birch would give you a Johto Starter, but wasn't sure.
I started catching on in the Frontier. The first thing that got my attention was the woman wanting a Skitty, to trade with her to get a Meowth. After that I hear words about other Pokemon.

Then I notice the tree. I know exactly what to do, since I done it alot in G/S. :)
I put the Pail on Select, saved, and then got ready to SR. :D
Well, After a while, I decided to quit and explor the Frontier a bit more. So I stopped and done that. Then I realized a cave... I went back and killed the Sudowoodo (without saving) and explored the cave a bit. The SR, then tried Sudowoodo some more. I won't be able to fully access the cave until I get a Shiny Sudowoodo or my nerves get shot and I catch the durn thing a final time (I still have a Master Ball, but I caught it one time for fun without it, so when I do decide to try it, I'll catch it by those means and save the Master Ball).
And after that, anything goes. I don't care what it is.

Ok, I do care what it is. I do NOT want a Shiny Meowth or Pikachu!! Who were they kidding?! There's hardly any difference!!!!! :( But you get what I'm saying.

LG:
Wanted: Fatman Joe (Snorlax)

Done it somemore today. Nothing.

Ruby:
On hold
Sapphire:
On Hold.

*sigh* I had wished that I could have got another Shiny while I was in the recovery room (It's an expression). Well, I didn't. And I'm getting better!! :o :( I can... do things now. :P But I still have to be careful not to hit the toe on anything.
Good luck hunting everyone! I hope I can get a Shiny Magnemite soon.. I don't care if anyone has it or not! That thing rocks!

:D My Mom said "I don't like them magnet things."
My parents used to play Stadiums with me. But then my N64 kinda broke. :(
So my Mom knows a decent amount about Pokemon. Her and Dad's favorite is Gengar. ^_^
It's funny though... Shiny Gengar looks identical to the old days Gengar figurine I have. Those action figures you were able to get that had 2 or more Pokemon in the pack and one of them shooter things to catch them in... Bah I'm getting off-topic, sorry. ^_^;;
But I think Shiny gengar should be a bit different. But then again, I don't want them to change. Cuz if they do.. Ghost (the Ninetails) might not be a ghost anymore!! :( I wish Venonat had stayed black with blue eyes and nose with white appendages... but they made it look weird with blue eyes only. o.O But they made Venomoth look real awesome though.
-DDD

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Killer-Swift said:
Pples... where do i go to check the SHineyDex?

First page of this thread. :) But I don't know how updated it is. Also, you have to have 30 post to have your Shiny Pokemon added to the ShinyDex list. (Com-PLETELY unrelated to joining the group)

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
Years
I hope I'm officially in the club by now. ^^;

Anyways, In my new Emerald version I was walking to the Acient Tomb on Route 120. I WAS gonna try for Shiny Registeel for a while{I've been switching back and fourth between Shiny Legendaries to do Start-Overs} on the way there I run out of Repels and just out of the blue I find... A SHINY ABSOL! ^^ YAY FOR ME! LOL Naturally because of findind it no luck with ant other Shinies, but I'm still not giving up! ^^

Also I have a question. I was thinking about trying for a Shiny Jirachi. Is it possible to obtain one by using the Jirachi Gift Disk from the Pokemon Collisium Bonus Disk? I know it would invoulve starting the entire game over ALOT, but is it even possible for the Jirachi to be Shiny? I just want to know before I waste valuble Shiny Hunting Time trying to get it when it isn't possible. I'd really appreciate the help.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
I hate the Safari Zone. I had restarted my Leaf Green game cos I wanted all the starters for my Pokedex. Arriving in Fuschia, I went through to get the Surf HM. And on the way, what do I find? A shiny Venomoth, no less. I thought, I was in luck! I threw a Bait to see if I could get it to stick around, and it ran instantly. For shame.

Anyway, currently breeding out for shiny Mudkip on my Emerald game.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
as far as i know nova u can , it would seem the only way to get jirachi shiny besides pokemon channel . only thing is nova for u to get jirachi in the first place u would have to atleast have your poke dex then go to the pokemon center with atleast one opening in your party . then connect to the gc and use the bonus disc that takes about 5 to 7 minutes now problem here is that if its not shiny u just cant sr for jirachi again u have to start a whole new file fight may get your pokedex and go to pokemon center and repeat gc proccess well that takes about 10 to 15 minutes just for one jirachi which basicly cuts u down to about 4 to six jirachis an hour and the hours will add up XD thats why i never went for shiny jirachi (not longer then a few days atleast XD) but if u want to then i wish u luck and hope u find one soon

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
NEW UPDATE!!!

okay, i had been secretly hunting on that island north of Rustboro where some of the pokemon birds are (you can also find jigglypuff there): taillow, wingull, swablu, and swellow, right? i had decided to hunt for them and take my chance of finding a shiny there, and i found one!!! It was:

SHINY SWELLOW!!!
1zh1669.png

Nature: Hasty (my fave nature!! XD)
HP: 66
Atk:52
Def:33
SpAtk:34
SpDef:31
Spd:75

I nicknamed her Jade, because of the jade-colored body she has. Im super happy that i found it!!!

Psyke

sings Unown music on the bus.
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2006
No luck yet with Sudowoodo, Do you think i should Catch it And Get a blue shiny ditto and breed for My shiny sudowoodo ?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
Breeding with a shiny does not increase the chances of having a shiny unfortunately. It did in GSC, but not nowadays. Softreset is the easiest way to get shiny Sudowoodo.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
The Jirachi from the Colos Bonus Disk can be shiny. Congrats TPP for catching a shiny Swellow, the nature isn't bad either. If you have Emerald, u should go to the Battle Frontier and check if it is any flawless stats. Oh, and congratulations to Nova for your shiny Absol. IIRC, 4 other people are hunting for it.

Psyke

sings Unown music on the bus.
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2006
Toothache said:
Breeding with a shiny does not increase the chances of having a shiny unfortunately. It did in GSC, but not nowadays. Softreset is the easiest way to get shiny Sudowoodo.
I dont know if its the gold only Sprites in my sig or the fact its been mentioned twice but thats Exactly What i meant, i'm currently playing Gold Untill i Get the rest of the 3rd gen games in a bundle off ebay :P

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Wow guys, seems likle all have you find shinies all the time ^^. lol.. ya.. bad thing is.. that shiny machoke i caught, was lv49 (found in cerulean cave)... so im afraid it might npot have the best of stats maybe? lol i dunno.. i always found that my best pokemon are the ones ive had for a loong time.. any1 else feel dat way? Oh and also, im still lookin for shiny ponyta.. adn i guess if i find a shiny spearow/fearow there... i guess it wouldnt hurt ^^.. and ya.. i think im gunna ask fer a pokemon emerald verssion.. it sounds like its the best of ALL the versions currently out... am i correct? o.O Ok i keeep forgetting to ask this question... but WHERE ON EARTH DO YOU FIND THE VS SEEKER?!?!?!!

Last edited:

Flame Demon

Lord Of The Flames
Years
I want to be in the club.

Here are my shinies:

Jirachi
Marshtomp
Sudowoodo
Torkoal
Koffing
Steelix
Salamence
Metagross
Aerodactyl
Vaporeon
Charizard
Xatu
Grumpig
Luvdisc
Togetic
Raikou
Umbreon
Magmar
Alakazam
Mewtwo
Deoxys

I'm planning to catch more. I've only been hunting shinies for month, since I started Pokemon a month and a half ago.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
should i train that shiny swellow i caught and make it as a part of my final 6? i dont know if i should yet....

P.S.-still hatching for shiny slakoth!! the eggs hatch fast, so ill go through them all like that! *snaps fingers*

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Flame Demon said:
I want to be in the club.

Here are my shinies:

Jirachi
Marshtomp
Sudowoodo
Torkoal
Koffing
Steelix
Salamence
Metagross
Aerodactyl
Vaporeon
Charizard
Xatu
Grumpig
Luvdisc
Togetic
Raikou
Umbreon
Magmar
Alakazam
Mewtwo
Deoxys

I'm planning to catch more. I've only been hunting shinies for month, since I started Pokemon a month and a half ago.

Wait, u've only been playing for a month and a half, yet u have 21 shinies? Sry, but I quite hard to believe. Did you use a cheating device to get your shiny pokemon?

emerald star

Owns 11 shinies! Dang!
Years
MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:
Wait, u've only been playing for a month and a half, yet u have 21 shinies? Sry, but I quite hard to believe. Did you use a cheating device to get your shiny pokemon?
I agree. I dont even have that many shinys and I have been hunting for years. I know some people have better luck than others, but no one can have that great of luck. Most of our club leaders dont even have that many shinys. Sorry, but if you used something like an Action Replay, those shinys are frauds.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Umm yes... ANY1.. know where to find the VS Seeker... :( lmfao and yes... he clearly used a cheating device... ive been playin b4 the games even came out on GB/GBC... and i just caught my first (altho i didnt know bout shinies til recently).. so plz... dont use cheating devices :|

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
Years
HEY GUESS WHAT!!?!?! I FOUND A SHINY DUNSPARCE!!! :):):):):):):):):) Yay! Anyway, I don't have my FR with me right now, so I don't know the nature. But I did catch it in a LUXURY BALL!! Hehe. I've been playing my new Ruby. Oh, and for all peoples wondering, According to rumor, Japan's D/P come out Sept. 26, right? Well that puts the U.S. at about March 26. MM, how do you calculate PVs?

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
Years
emerald star said:
I agree. I dont even have that many shinys and I have been hunting for years. I know some people have better luck than others, but no one can have that great of luck. Most of our club leaders dont even have that many shinys. Sorry, but if you used something like an Action Replay, those shinys are frauds.

Your wrong there mate. See Aaryn, he has 35 shinies.

27 Treecko resets

Back