• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
I Have Almost Forgotten That I Was Sr For Totodile Bcause I Been Sr For Magikarp All Day I Just Hope It Is Shiny Soon I Hope Mm Gets My Card Request He Must Be Very Busy Well Back To Sr For Magikarp In Fire Red

Since Itook The Update Out Of My Sig Here It Is

Sapphire:stop Sr For Beldum Getting Ready To Start New Game And Sr For Mudkip
Emerald:on Hold With Totodile Will Continue Later I Promise
Fire Red:sr For Magikarp
Leaf Green:want To Buy It So I Can Hunt For Sneasel
Ruby:dont Have And Dont Want
Coloseum:dont Have Kinda Want
Xd:i Want To Get This Game To Snag Shadow Lugia And Purify It And Trade It To One Of My Games And Have A Lugia

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
well, you aren't in the club until a co-owner accepts you, im afraid....but im sure they will accept you, so dont worry. but, if you want a SHC card, you gotta go to MetalMario's Card Shop in the trainer cards thread.

Shiny Report: I'm still looking for clamperl, but my friend just KOed a shiny trapinch by mistake :laugh:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 31, 2022
OK, I haven't been here in a while, have I? It doesn't matter, though- no new shinies. Haven't seen any either. I've been busy playing Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest on GBA. But I think I'll go for a shiny Clamperl, then evolve it into a Huntail. Which means I better clone my Deepseatooth.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
thats the same thing i was gonna do missingno. master......i wanted a shiny huntail.....but okay!! u wanna have a race 2 see who can find it first??

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Hmm.... I have a few tips here... And I have a feeling I'm going to get my next shiny rather soon.

@shinylegendaries:
Ok, dude... I need to ask ya a question... In that game your SR'ing for Magikarp on... You DO know it's alot easier just to get the Old Rod and fish over and over and over again for Magikarps? That's what I was doing and what I've been told. I'm not sure which would be faster, but I would think fishing would be since you have to go through a few screens just to get back in the game when you SR. Fishing, well, you fish, battle, move, fish, battle, etc.... Meh.

Ok... I have another tip that's for anyone, and it's pretty neat, and has REALLY helped me out:

Get a Staryu. Gotta Staryu? Or Starmie? Get one then. With the ability Illuminate. It's kinda better if the Staryu is rather... weak. Mine's Lv. 15. Well, get your Shiny Hunting together, and go out lookin' for shinies. But first, let the Staryu die. Or faint. But keep it in the lead spot, and have your Shiny Hunting Pokemon in the second spot.
With the Staryu up front, even if it's fainted, it will still activate Illuminate, which makes Pokemon appear more. You may not have to have it in the first slot, but I didn't have much results until I did and let it die.
So, what does this do? I'll tell you what it does. In an example.

Ok, like, on LeafGreen... I have my fainted Staryu in the first pokemon slot, and my Lv. 36 Venusaur in the second slot. I'm inside of Pokemon Tower, looking for a Shiny gastly. Now, normally, sometimes, it can be a hassle to get a Pokemon to appear in here. It takes a little longer sometimes for thm to pop-up, I've noticed.
Oh? Yes, I do have a Venusaur, and yes, it does know Sweetscent. Why don't I use it? Because it takes less time to do Illuminate than it does to use Sweetscent! With Sweetscent, I have to go through menus and all that... But with Illuminate, all I do is walk around. How much of a difference is it? I can find a Pokemon in 3 seconds sometimes, and sometimes it only takes a single step to encounter another Pokemon. So there is a difference, and I like it. You don't have to, but in places like those, it sure is helpful, and I've encountered so many gastlies AND Haunters (not to mention a few Cubones along the way) but still no luck.

I've done that mostly, because in a way, Gengar would go nicely currently with my Shinies. Ground moves can't even hit it! :P
And no luck in Emerald, either.

I'm concerned about my health.. I play the games too much. I've spent so much time, I should have 7 shinies. But now I've got ankle weights, and I wallk around alot when I'm looking for a Shiny. It's neat. :) And I'm not just sitting there. ^_^
-DDD

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 31, 2022
Tha Pkmn Prodigy said:
thats the same thing i was gonna do missingno. master......i wanted a shiny huntail.....but okay!! u wanna have a race 2 see who can find it first??
Sounds good to me! You're on!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
The Staryu tip is just common sense IMO... u could do the same with an Illumise/Volbeat(I forgot which had the sp. ability). A smarter thing to do would be to get a pokemon with Illuminate in front, use the White Flute, then ride your bike. Yes, riding the bike does increase your chances of finding a wild pokemon. In Emerald, you can use pokemon's abilities if you are trying to find a specific shiny pokemon(like using Pikachu with Static to try and find a shiny Electrike, which I may do, once I get the chance)...

Wish me luck with finding my secret shiny guys ^^

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
:P Rubber hose up your nose. Or something.
1. You can't ride a bike in Pokemon Tower
2. I don't have the White Flute on FR. And I'm not trading it over.

I tried more earlier but nothing. On my Emerald I might try the thing you suggested but I don't really need to.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
DDD'SSCEPTILE said:
:P Rubber hose up your nose. Or something.
1. You can't ride a bike in Pokemon Tower
2. I don't have the White Flute on FR. And I'm not trading it over.

I tried more earlier but nothing. On my Emerald I might try the thing you suggested but I don't really need to.

"Rubber hose up your nose"? Erm...

That tip I gave was just for general wild pokemon searching. Not exclusively for Gastly.

Years
Sorry people, i forget to give the stats and nature of my shiny Bellossom, lol! It was Traided over to me from one of my mates!
Bellossom Lv. 39 - Calm
attack: 79
Defence: 87
Speed: 56
Sp. attack: 86
Sp. Defence: 96

That is going to need alot of EV traning! lol :P

Years
congrads on the shiny bellosom but i dont think it will count cause it was traded i am not having any luck with this magikarp wait what is this OMG it is a regular magikarp well back to sring

edit still no luck on magikarp here is what i am hunting for in each of my games

FIRE RED:MAGIKARP
EMERALD:TOTODILE
SAPPHIRE:NOT HUNTING ANY IN THIS GAME

WHEN I START MY GAME OVER IN SAPPHIRE THIS WHAT I WANT MY WATER TEAM TO LOOK LIKE
pkrssh313.gif
pkfrlgsh129.png
pkrssh055.gif
pkrssh007.gif
pkrssh027.gif
AND WHEN I GET TO BE ABLE TO CATCH KYOGRE
pkrssh198.gif

Last edited:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Well 950 abras--no shiny *glares around at everyone with alot of shinies*