The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Progressing ROM Hacks
FireRed Pokemon Shiny Gold

Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old September 22nd, 2006 (5:23 AM).
zel 2.0's Avatar
zel 2.0 zel 2.0 is offline
Gold Remaker
     
    Join Date: Jun 2006
    Location: Argentina
    Age: 30
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 1,958
    Don't worry people, as long as I can I'll keep on working on it (but, you know, life is more important)

    About names, I like the name "Shiny Gold", so that's gonna be the official name, and I wont change it (I've even edited the title screen with this name, so no changes). About graphics, well, I've said it a few times already. Gameplay first, graphics later (I personally think that scripting gives the game the feel of Gold more than graphics. However, graphics are also important, I know)

    I'd be a Pokémon freak if I did all my hack out of my memory (which, by the way, is not great). I hope that answers your question

    In the meantime, I post my last screenshots. I'll start mapping Ecruteak tomorrow, releasing the beta, updating my first post. Wow, so many things to do...
    See ya!


    Relevant Advertising!

      #27    
    Old September 22nd, 2006 (7:29 AM).
    Amachi's Avatar
    Amachi Amachi is offline
    (。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪
       
      Join Date: Jun 2006
      Location: Australia
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 5,877
      Well I can't wait man, it's looking sweet.

      Keep it up!
      __________________
      CHILL OUT DUDES, I GOT THIS
      Paired with Juicy.
        #28    
      Old September 22nd, 2006 (9:36 AM).
      Kurosaki Ichigo's Avatar
      Kurosaki Ichigo Kurosaki Ichigo is offline
      Flannery's #1 Obsessor
         
        Join Date: Feb 2006
        Location: Lucy's Lap
        Age: 27
        Gender:
        Nature: Naughty
        Posts: 2,502
        Send a message via AIM to Kurosaki Ichigo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurosaki Ichigo Send a message via Yahoo to Kurosaki Ichigo
        Nice Dude!, And I know you want to do things yourself, but I have this thing to just well...help out with trainer stuff and that kinda thing @_@
        __________________
        **Formely Known As Kakashi Hatake**

        **Flannery is my Goddess, I'm her #1 Obsessor**
        Bishies: Matsumoto Rangiku, Shiba Kuukaku, Soi Fong, Hikari(Pearl), Raven
        Pairings: Ichigo x Shihouin Yoruichi, Genis X Presea, Aang X Katara, Toph X Sokka, Kratos X Raine
        My Trainer Card
          #29    
        Old September 22nd, 2006 (11:03 AM).
        SephirothX's Avatar
        SephirothX SephirothX is offline
        a.k.a. Shadomew
           
          Join Date: May 2005
          Location: Portland, Oregon
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lonely
          Posts: 442
          Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
          Looks awesome so far! Good luck finishing SG!
          __________________
          PM me if you'd like to hear some of the ideas I have for ROM hacks. I've got some subplot ideas and Fakemon that I really want in a hack... as long as I don't have do the whole hack. xD

          Poke my eggs?
          Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
            #30    
          Old September 22nd, 2006 (11:26 AM).
          charimon's Avatar
          charimon charimon is offline
          Yeah hacking !! ^^
             
            Join Date: Sep 2005
            Location: in The Netherlands
            Age: 25
            Gender:
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 156
            looks cool keep it up
            __________________

            credits to suta-raito for the charizard
              #31    
            Old September 22nd, 2006 (12:28 PM).
            -Sasuke-'s Avatar
            -Sasuke- -Sasuke- is offline
            ダッジアベンジャ
               
              Join Date: Aug 2006
              Location: Netherlands
              Gender:
              Nature: Modest
              Posts: 191
              They look hot man. Keep up the good work!
              __________________
              Name: Nugz
              Pokemon Black friend code: 4126 5217 5139
              Pokemen X&Y friend code: 4339-2460-6319
                #32    
              Old September 22nd, 2006 (1:53 PM).
              Krobelus's Avatar
              Krobelus Krobelus is offline
              RainbowNoodleWarrior
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2006
                Location: Vancouver
                Age: 26
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 757
                very awesome screens, and umm, when will the beta be released? me along with many others im sure are very anxious to try out the beta, and im guessing the beta goes up to Ecruteak city?
                __________________

                YouTube Channel
                Pokemon Pearl FC:
                4296-8996-1956

                Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
                3009-0281-8050

                Pokemon White 2 FC:
                1765-0509-2291

                  #33    
                Old September 22nd, 2006 (1:59 PM).
                Crystal ALpha-Star+ Crystal ALpha-Star+ is offline
                back
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2006
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 116
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Razmazter View Post
                  very awesome screens, and umm, when will the beta be released? me along with many others im sure are very anxious to try out the beta, and im guessing the beta goes up to Ecruteak city?
                  I think he said on the weekend
                    #34    
                  Old September 22nd, 2006 (2:29 PM).
                  zel 2.0's Avatar
                  zel 2.0 zel 2.0 is offline
                  Gold Remaker
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2006
                    Location: Argentina
                    Age: 30
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 1,958
                    Yep, tomorrow I release the beta, which, by the way, goes as far as my screenshots (meaning Azalea). The rest I keep for myself, as I always keep on doing changes and testing.
                      #35    
                    Old September 22nd, 2006 (10:23 PM).
                    alexmad alexmad is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2006
                      Gender:
                      Posts: 25
                      muy bueno la verdad muy bueno

                      very good the very good truth
                        #36    
                      Old September 22nd, 2006 (11:57 PM).
                      andreas2's Avatar
                      andreas2 andreas2 is offline
                      typhlosion master trainer
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2006
                        Age: 26
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 16
                        that hack seems to be very good!!
                          #37    
                        Old September 23rd, 2006 (3:00 AM).
                        Crystal ALpha-Star+ Crystal ALpha-Star+ is offline
                        back
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2006
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 116


                          That should help with your title screen
                            #38    
                          Old September 23rd, 2006 (3:10 AM).
                          DarkArcz's Avatar
                          DarkArcz DarkArcz is offline
                          The Cloaked Schemer
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2006
                            Location: Malaysia
                            Gender:
                            Nature: Careful
                            Posts: 262
                            This is more awesome than I thought...You've scripted till so far? Thats pretty good, considering you only started awhile ago. Azalea Gym look great! It looks just like G/S/C version of the Gym(with better graphics anyway).I personnaly don't see any problem with your graphics(for the screenshots anyway) they look better then most Gold remakes, and you have only just started out.
                            __________________


                            Hacks I support
                            Spoiler:

                            Clubs I'm in
                            Spoiler:









                              #39    
                            Old September 23rd, 2006 (7:05 AM).
                            zel 2.0's Avatar
                            zel 2.0 zel 2.0 is offline
                            Gold Remaker
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2006
                              Location: Argentina
                              Age: 30
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quiet
                              Posts: 1,958
                              Well, well, finally the time has come... In case you haven't read my first post (which you should do, I already said so), I've uploaded the Version1 of Shiny Gold! I didn't want to put a link, I wanted to upload the zip in the community but, since the upload failed again and again, well, I've just uploaded somewhere else (we'll see about that later)

                              Keep in mind the posted glitches. Feel free to post your own, and express your opinions about the game. I hope you can enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

                              I was forgetting something. Don't play the game so seriously, because perhaps newer versions may have fixes which will destroy an old version's game (don't train your pokémon to lv100 expecting to crush the next version ).

                              to sena82: thanks for all your help. About the titlescreen, I've already edited it, so I don't need it. And about the johto's tileset, wow, that's some huge help. Just a small question, I think I've seen it in As_Stars_Gut's hack. So I'm a bit confused, did you create it?. In case I could use it, who should I give credit?

                              para alexmad: bienvenido nuevamente!

                              to everyone else: thanks all of you! (specially DarkArcz)

                              In the meantime, I wonder... Is there anyone playing the original Gold? Because I wanted to update the rematch battles. So a list with trainer name, pokemon list and their levels could be useful (and I wanted to test how rematches in FR work)

                              And, I'm thinking about adding a new rival. Well, to tell the truth, it would have to be two rivals. A couple of people (male&female), which will annoy the player with their love for each other (of course this means there's gonna be double battles with them each time). So I'm thinking about letting two of you to become those two trainers. What do you think? (I know it sounds weird... )

                              Well, I think that's all I had to say. I'll come back later.
                                #40    
                              Old September 23rd, 2006 (7:15 AM). Edited September 23rd, 2006 by Crystal ALpha-Star+.
                              Crystal ALpha-Star+ Crystal ALpha-Star+ is offline
                              back
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2006
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Posts: 116
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by zel View Post
                                Well, well, finally the time has come... In case you haven't read my first post (which you should do, I already said so), I've uploaded the Version1 of Shiny Gold! I didn't want to put a link, I wanted to upload the zip in the community but, since the upload failed again and again, well, I've just uploaded somewhere else (we'll see about that later)

                                Keep in mind the posted glitches. Feel free to post your own, and express your opinions about the game. I hope you can enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

                                I was forgetting something. Don't play the game so seriously, because perhaps newer versions may have fixes which will destroy an old version's game (don't train your pokémon to lv100 expecting to crush the next version ).

                                to sena82: thanks for all your help. About the titlescreen, I've already edited it, so I don't need it. And about the johto's tileset, wow, that's some huge help. Just a small question, I think I've seen it in As_Stars_Gut's hack. So I'm a bit confused, did you create it?. In case I could use it, who should I give credit?

                                para alexmad: bienvenido nuevamente!

                                to everyone else: thanks all of you! (specially DarkArcz)

                                In the meantime, I wonder... Is there anyone playing the original Gold? Because I wanted to update the rematch battles. So a list with trainer name, pokemon list and their levels could be useful (and I wanted to test how rematches in FR work)

                                And, I'm thinking about adding a new rival. Well, to tell the truth, it would have to be two rivals. A couple of people (male&female), which will annoy the player with their love for each other (of course this means there's gonna be double battles with them each time). So I'm thinking about letting two of you to become those two trainers. What do you think? (I know it sounds weird... )

                                Well, I think that's all I had to say. I'll come back later.
                                Well I asked gameguy and he said I or anyone could use them but they must give credit.And when someone starts a remake I have a habit of helping them alot,and can I be the male trainer,and well done,you have set a limit that has not been set before on this forum.

                                Edit-OMG just like GSC,Can I be your buddy for life

                                and I like how you made yourseldf a character
                                maybe you can learn how to revamp some GSC music

                                I think some of the revamped music is already in the FR/LG rom and some are in emerald

                                and I am definatly flash carting this when the hack is done because I want to play this game all the time
                                  #41    
                                Old September 23rd, 2006 (9:46 AM).
                                zel 2.0's Avatar
                                zel 2.0 zel 2.0 is offline
                                Gold Remaker
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2006
                                  Location: Argentina
                                  Age: 30
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Quiet
                                  Posts: 1,958
                                  I'd like to know where you found invisible stuff blocking your way, and which maps are messed up.
                                  On second thought, I think I know what invisible stuff you are refering, well I made so to save a few Script Events (but if it doesn't look good may I put something there?)
                                  The old man is fixed for next version, so does the title screen (I've done it after creating the patch a while ago), and the red jewel was already posted in my list of glitches.
                                  I'd need to replace a sprite for Sudo, since this is FR. And about berries, I may have an idea about how to implement them, however, we wont see berry trees for some time (I prefer to dedicate my time for the main part of the game, the story)

                                  Please don't ask me to change the trainer's Pokémon. That aspect must remain intact, else it would not be a remake (Besides, that's why I'm adding a few extras here and there...)

                                  About music... well, I guess that's a tough cookie, so I'll skip it for now...

                                  Good luck, and remember to check out the list of known glitches!

                                  PS: It wasn't really a short time. I started hacking like three months ago, and I had a little experience hacking the original Gold a few years ago (wow, those were good times...)
                                    #42    
                                  Old September 23rd, 2006 (1:33 PM).
                                  alexmad alexmad is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2006
                                    Gender:
                                    Posts: 25
                                    sigue asi hermano vas por buen camino la verdad

                                    it follows thus brother you go by good way the truth
                                      #43    
                                    Old September 23rd, 2006 (1:52 PM).
                                    ssj's Avatar
                                    ssj ssj is offline
                                    Kanto Legend
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2006
                                      Location: EVERYWHERE
                                      Gender:
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Posts: 83
                                      Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ssj
                                      This hack looks great good to see anouther jhoto remake.
                                      __________________
                                      Pokemon Diamond Friend Code : 2535 3381 4158
                                        #44    
                                      Old September 23rd, 2006 (2:09 PM).
                                      zel 2.0's Avatar
                                      zel 2.0 zel 2.0 is offline
                                      Gold Remaker
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2006
                                        Location: Argentina
                                        Age: 30
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Quiet
                                        Posts: 1,958
                                        Well, since it was time for me to try my hand at tile changing, and thanks to sena82, and specially to gameguy for their contribution with tiles, I think I was able to create the Bellsprout Tower *new Version* (probably I'll find problems, sooner or later, when needing to deal with the behaviours, we'll see when the time comes)



                                        Does it look good? If I was able to do this, I think I may get better and better from now on, (specially when I consider myself a scripter more than a spriter). I need to keep on practicing...

                                        What am I supposed to do with all those midis? (for now I can only, let's say, hear them and have a good time when hacking )
                                          #45    
                                        Old September 23rd, 2006 (2:28 PM).
                                        Chris-h11's Avatar
                                        Chris-h11 Chris-h11 is offline
                                        Programmer
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2005
                                          Location: Las Vegas, NV
                                          Age: 24
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Naughty
                                          Posts: 341
                                          It looks great!
                                          Keep up the good work.
                                            #46    
                                          Old September 23rd, 2006 (2:53 PM).
                                          Crystal ALpha-Star+ Crystal ALpha-Star+ is offline
                                          back
                                             
                                            Join Date: Apr 2006
                                            Nature: Adamant
                                            Posts: 116
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by zel View Post
                                            Well, since it was time for me to try my hand at tile changing, and thanks to sena82, and specially to gameguy for their contribution with tiles, I think I was able to create the Bellsprout Tower *new Version* (probably I'll find problems, sooner or later, when needing to deal with the behaviours, we'll see when the time comes)



                                            Does it look good? If I was able to do this, I think I may get better and better from now on, (specially when I consider myself a scripter more than a spriter). I need to keep on practicing...

                                            What am I supposed to do with all those midis? (for now I can only, let's say, hear them and have a good time when hacking )

                                            your welcome nice to help
                                              #47    
                                            Old September 23rd, 2006 (3:13 PM).
                                            Rune's Avatar
                                            Rune Rune is offline
                                            Defender of the Old Order
                                            • Crystal Tier
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jul 2006
                                            Age: 24
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Modest
                                            Posts: 136
                                            Just asking are you trying to make the day and night and pokegear feature
                                            Also the sliding panel in Ruins of Alph
                                              #48    
                                            Old September 23rd, 2006 (3:27 PM).
                                            Chris-h11's Avatar
                                            Chris-h11 Chris-h11 is offline
                                            Programmer
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2005
                                              Location: Las Vegas, NV
                                              Age: 24
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Naughty
                                              Posts: 341
                                              I hope so :D

                                              Although it would be hard.
                                                #49    
                                              Old September 23rd, 2006 (4:16 PM).
                                              Krobelus's Avatar
                                              Krobelus Krobelus is offline
                                              RainbowNoodleWarrior
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Sep 2006
                                                Location: Vancouver
                                                Age: 26
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Adamant
                                                Posts: 757
                                                Wow, ive played a little bit of the beta, and its much better then some other remakes i have played, and ya there are some glitches like on roads that lead somewhere, you cant walk on certain squares, no river that leads to the pokemon league , and a few others if you want i could name, but in any case, very good job.
                                                __________________

                                                YouTube Channel
                                                Pokemon Pearl FC:
                                                4296-8996-1956

                                                Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
                                                3009-0281-8050

                                                Pokemon White 2 FC:
                                                1765-0509-2291

                                                  #50    
                                                Old September 23rd, 2006 (5:40 PM).
                                                zel 2.0's Avatar
                                                zel 2.0 zel 2.0 is offline
                                                Gold Remaker
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jun 2006
                                                  Location: Argentina
                                                  Age: 30
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Nature: Quiet
                                                  Posts: 1,958
                                                  I just got another bit of free time (probably tomorrow'll be less times), and so I'll answer to itsaplanet, and to anyone else who could have the same questions. For now there's no Pokégear, (I forgot I answered this one before the thread got deleted), probably there could be something similar (don't know, but it really seems hard also). The phone will still call though...
                                                  The day/night feature could be implemented based on a certain event, but it wont be real time. Besides, this feature wont be tried to be implemented till I have quite a lot of the game done.
                                                  And the sliding panel... Is there any need for it?, try not to ask for so much. If I'd do it, then I'd probably be working for Nintendo... :D
                                                  Closed Thread
                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:47 AM.