• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Bellsprout Tower looks great! I suggest you use thesame tiles for burned tower - with a slight edit and the one with Ho-oh

Yep, I used the same tileset for the burned and tin towers (It was the easiest thing to do, anyway). But I'm a bit confused about the roof of burned tower, the original Gold doesn't have a burned roof (Crystal has), so I left it unburned, is it ok?

Hey, out of curiosity, are you gonna put the Time Machine in.

I know it can't serve any usefullness, but just have it there to serve as a bit of nostalgia.

Actually, if it ain't there, then what's Bill gonna fix?

Obviously, the time machine is not in the hack. Then what happened with the event with Bill?. Well, Bill still fixes the PC in Ecruteak, however all he does is fixing a failure the center had at that time with their trading system. Nothing more than that (Besides, the real usefulness of this event was to make him return to Goldenrod so he would give you an Eevee, and so I did)

All of this brings me a question: can R/S poke be traded in the hack?, yeah, I gave the National Dex from start, but I dont know if they can be traded. (If not, this would be the time to research the event in the island, and to make the same with Bill's event, as Enrico Marini pointed)

Well, in reality, since I'll put all of the pokes, it wouldn't be much of a deal (probably if someone tries to play a "real version" of my hack, then they could never trade'em...:badsmile:)

dark pk exe

Pie!!!
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2006
Oh my god!!!! I can't stop playing the beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been looking foward to this all month!!!

scf

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
awesome beta the only thing that needs real fixing is that the egg can battle and if it wins, the game will freeze.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Huh? You can battle with the egg??? (Never knew that). I wonder if that can be fixed... We'll see...

EDIT: Well, I got a bit of free time, so I went to play the game once again from start (which showed me how far I am right now), till I reached the give egg script. Everything seems fine with the script. So, once with the egg in my party, I went to a wild battle and then to a trainer battle and I never had the option to choose the egg to battle. I put it in my first spot and went to a wild battle and then to a trainer battle, but then the next poke came out to fight, as usual. I dont know of any other way to try to reproduce the glitch you are saying, all tests turned negative. So I will think there's a problem with the version of FR you're applying the patch (yeah, I know, the typical excuse...)
Anyway, we'll wait till another user can confirm us if all is ok or not with the egg.

Last edited:

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Sumthin strange happened....I loaded up my game on Route 32, I battled a bit, then headed back to Cherrygrove, I then saved my game, but when I loaded it again, I was still in Route 32! What on earth happened? Maybe I'll just use the save slots or sumthin. Not that major of a problem.

Also, I found a rather usefuf glitch. On Route 32, I picked up a rare candy out of thin air...weird, but useful.

Question and Ideas: Is Lapras in Union Cave? If he isn't will you add him? Since I can't surf right now, I dunno if Lapras is in the cave, and if he isn't, wouldn't it be more traditional to add him there? Maybe you could make it so you can fight him/her/it multiple times...you know, just keep "talkin" to it and snag as many Lapras as possible. I mean, in the original Gold, they came every Friday, no matter how many times you beat or caught them. Since there isn't a time system here....If you need an example of what Im talking about, Pokemon Naranja has an island with 3 Geodude sprites. "Talk" to one of them and you battle it. But after the battle, it doesn't disappear and you can still fight it over and over again.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
When you talk about finding a Rare Candy, are you referring to your attachment?

Cause that's a Super Potion you picked up there :P

Also, the repetitive battling shouldn't be too hard to script.

But maybe instead of having it like the Geodudes in Naranja, maybe it could be possible for it to come back after every XXXX amount of steps if you know what I mean.

fedex_sc_14

FeDeX
Years
Hello!Well the beta is very good!i love it!The beta is the best hack released for now!I wish you all the lucky in teh Remake!And i wait the next release of this exelent hack!!Bye Bye!

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2006
This hack is like my dream game! I always thought that Nintendo should make an advanced version of the Johto series!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Sumthin strange happened....I loaded up my game on Route 32, I battled a bit, then headed back to Cherrygrove, I then saved my game, but when I loaded it again, I was still in Route 32! What on earth happened? Maybe I'll just use the save slots or sumthin. Not that major of a problem.

Also, I found a rather usefuf glitch. On Route 32, I picked up a rare candy out of thin air...weird, but useful.

Question and Ideas: Is Lapras in Union Cave? If he isn't will you add him? Since I can't surf right now, I dunno if Lapras is in the cave, and if he isn't, wouldn't it be more traditional to add him there? Maybe you could make it so you can fight him/her/it multiple times...you know, just keep "talkin" to it and snag as many Lapras as possible. I mean, in the original Gold, they came every Friday, no matter how many times you beat or caught them. Since there isn't a time system here....If you need an example of what Im talking about, Pokemon Naranja has an island with 3 Geodude sprites. "Talk" to one of them and you battle it. But after the battle, it doesn't disappear and you can still fight it over and over again.

When you talk about finding a Rare Candy, are you referring to your attachment?

Cause that's a Super Potion you picked up there :P

Also, the repetitive battling shouldn't be too hard to script.

But maybe instead of having it like the Geodudes in Naranja, maybe it could be possible for it to come back after every XXXX amount of steps if you know what I mean.

That Route 32 really is troublesome, isn't it?. I'll check if that weird glitch happens to me.
I never put a Rare Candy. Probably is a Super Potion, and probably is a semi-hidden item (I really don't understand the hidden items scripts, they turn me crazy). I say semi-hidden because you will just bump into something, and there's the item!
About Lapras, I haven't made the second floor of Union Cave (since I will as soon as I can surf there, when I get some free time). But, of course, it'll be there, and probably I'll use the same script I used to make the Pokemon Salon, to try it a bit more (I think it'd let you come back after a little time and battle it again).
I just need to finish Moomoo's farm to reach Olivine, so I'll soon start posting pictures again!
But, as Dark Arcz reminded me, I need to do a few now reachable places with Surf.

Oh, I was forgetting! I had to change the badges order to stick between Gold and FR, so you'll probably be getting the Fourth Badge (in Gold) as the fifth badge in my hack. And I'm thinking that being able to use Whirlpool will become just having the necessary item. We'll see...

Has anyone tried to battle with the egg?, is that possible? (not to me)

Bad News...

I hate to bring some bad news, but I need to be off for some little time (between one and two weeks) for my studies. I'll still log into PC, if anyone needs me. But I'm not able to work on the hack till then. Just don't go thinking I'm retiring! (Not as long as I have the fire and your support!)

Well, I'm off. See you soon!

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
[Note: About what I said about that rare candy, I could have sworn I typed Super Potion...ah well...

scf: You battled with an egg? Exactly how is that possible? First of all, where would you have gotten the egg? You don't mean the Togepi egg, do ya? Because It never fought any battles with me while it was in slot one....Did you activate some gameshark code or sumthin that messes with eggs? Cuz if you aren't lying, there must be sumthin messed up about your game.

zel: Looks like there is no entry to Iltex Forest in the beta, I tried to cheat by trading over a pokemon with cut and all...hehe, needless to say, it din't work. Is Iltex Forest even in the beta anyway?

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
[Note: About what I said about that rare candy, I could have sworn I typed Super Potion...ah well...

zel: Looks like there is no entry to Iltex Forest in the beta, I tried to cheat by trading over a pokemon with cut and all...hehe, needless to say, it din't work. Is Iltex Forest even in the beta anyway?

Sorry if I cant test the whole egg-thing (not on Windows right now, besides, I'm just a bit tired). I'll see about it when I get some time. And, DarkArcz, that's right, the beta ends in Azalea and theres nothing else to see (I made the new changes after I made the beta, that's why I call them the "old betas". Probably the next "oldie" will go up to Olivine, forbbiding you to surf to Cianwood.

scf

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
no, I didn't type any cheats, it just sorta happened after my two others died in battle

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Sorry if I cant test the whole egg-thing (not on Windows right now, besides, I'm just a bit tired). I'll see about it when I get some time. And, DarkArcz, that's right, the beta ends in Azalea and theres nothing else to see (I made the new changes after I made the beta, that's why I call them the "old betas". Probably the next "oldie" will go up to Olivine, forbbiding you to surf to Cianwood.
If you're forbidding Surf, then doesn't that mean that you'll have to block the Kimono Girls' dance hall?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
no, I didn't type any cheats, it just sorta happened after my two others died in battle

Argh!, tested again and again, and it still doesnt happen... Please, try getting another version of FR, if it's not much problem. Thank you.

If you're forbidding Surf, then doesn't that mean that you'll have to block the Kimono Girls' dance hall?

No, it just means that the surfing route to Cianwood will be blocked. Surfing will be enabled (I just need to go back in the game and update the necessary parts)

Since I was near Route32 when testing about the egg, I tested the supposed glitch DarkArcz mentioned. It didn't happen to me.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
You got everything thought out huh. This is great remake of Gold zel. Honest, this is the best Gold remake ever. Slendid job, keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back