• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
this is just so cool! btw who is the story creator? are we including the old regions in the game because my brother has been doing Kanto maps with r/s chipsets so i could just copy them for this project. are we gonna use fr/lg or r/s chipsets anyway?
oh, and we still need a name...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
awkwardsilencer is right. The name should come last.

For the story creator, so far we have (if I remember correctly) Mystic Swampert.

As far as progress, we'll just have to wait until Krazy Meerkat comes back. If he doesn't come back by the end of next week, I say we move on without him. What say you?

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
I think you get this done and out of your way as soon as you can. This Battle System will benefit a ton of people, including yourself and all people working on it. You should aslo consider designing trainers to use with this battle system, and animating them to throw a pokeball! That would be really cool!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
The devil? Okay, I'm not even going to ask...

I'm not sure... I think I'll take it up again because Meerkat doesn't seem like he's coming back. Since this is a team effort, there should be no problem with release delay. Gotta run and work on it!

Years
ANYWAY, now that it's clear that Im still here, I would just like to tell you that I AM still working on the project. I have quite a big progress report for you guys. First of all, I would like to tell you that my CNS had a few bugs in it which i fixed, and... wait for it... *drum roll* I have finally added LOWER CASE!!!!!!! yay, that's 4 hrs work out of the way. now, Daegon I couldn't use your fomulas because I couldnt understand them.. I made up my own.. but they are similar to yours.. i think. it was based on level and I put in the FEROCITY thing i was tinkering with.. I now have two more maps, one is the intro, and the other is a test map. It will allow you to receive a pokemon, name it, re-name it if you wish, battle with other pokemon, heal your pokemon, gain levels and experience. I really went far with this.. Please do remember that I am still working on it, I just had to go for a while. Couldn't go on the net where i was. The test map is just for people who don't know how to do certain things like heal at a pokecenter, re-name pokemon, receive pokemon, and get into a battle. I have also completed the "RUN" choice in the battle, It will be a bit longer before completion because I haven't even done capture of a pokemon yet, And I need items for that. I was wondering if the CMS people were doing the pokemon selection and item maps, because I could easily adapt them for the battle.

In case anyone was wondering, I already know about those bugs someone pointed out before, I fixed them straight away. there was also a problem with the "run" option but i fixed it.

Also, Yes those graphics are authentic, I ripped them myself. for the battle background graphic, please nobody critise it. do you have any idea how hard it was to get that in .PNG format and still have the right colours??? i also had to manually re-size them to make them panorama. also there was a slight delay at the start of the battle, where you could see the black bit at the bottom of the panorama but the msg box hadn't shown up yet. it was only like a 0.3 second delay, but I'm picky and i fixed it. if there's anything that I have forgotten please tell me.

Umm.. i was wondering, for the battle, I have already ripped the graphics of the guy throwing the pokeball and done it and stuff.. but I have gone and used lots of FR/LG people in the test map, and buildings and stuff. but then I realised that the main character is still R/S so i was wondering, should I change his body to FR/LG and leave his hair, because that is the main distinction in the battle system. or would you guys like to stick with the old R/S graphics?

Also, Rm2k3kid, I used your message graphics in the game.. but I noticed that it is impossible to show a choice with those graphics. I managed to create my own little Yes/No textbox, but i just noticed that you dont have anywhere in your demo where you can select yes/no while someone is talking.

Anyway that's it for today I'm pretty sure. I have been away for 2 weeks I know but remember I said 3. there is no need to forget about me 1 week prematurely. I will be back at my other house in a week, this is the first chance I have had to use the internet. Why were you so quick to drop me DM? i never once got an email from any of you. I check my emails at school on a daily basis. I will be on later, I am a big part of this battle system so I don't know why you would leave me so early. (not trying to sound important or anything) but i have coded the main guts of the system so far. I never asked for any more credit than you guys. what have I done wrong? i have to go now, please don't forget about me, I will be on same time tomorrow.

I hope you get better daegon, best wishes simon

Years
glad I got here in time and not a week later, rm2k3kid. I have just checked, and I am allowed to use the internet for a bit longer. How have you been rm2k3kid? i thought you had already started on the maps, we can just copy them to the main game folder as long as they don't use events we should be right. also, is there something I could call you that wasn't so informal? we are all in the same team here, working on our game. can't we all call each other by our real names? what about you DM? do you have a name? Daegon? what's your name? pheonix?

anyway we still do need a name, but we will have to start another thread for that, this is just the thread for the battle.

Darkmage, I don't know why you don't like me so much, I am only trying to help. I would really like unexperienced rm2k(3)ers to be able to use the original battle system which is why I work so hard. I knew what it was like to be unexperienced, and I don't want these guys' talent going to waste just becase they don't have the skill/time to do this. I am not sexist, racist or anything else. I dont dislike any particular person for any particular reason, why don't you like me? What did I do? I'm letting you be in charge of this whole project, it's not like i'm power-hungry or anything.

Sometimes when you let people be in charge of things, the power goes to their heads.
I only wanted to be a part of this wonderful project. If you don't want me to work on the game then I won't. At least have the heart to tell me. I have to go now to eat dinner, I will be back in a second rm2k3kid.. If you're still here

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
I also found the problem with using the choice while a message is being shown but I have devised a little plan on getting around it... Oh and the maps well I got more into Liquid and forgot about doing the maps sorry... And if you wanna chat sign into msn

Last edited:
Years
I'm goin to sleep now. Has anyone done the Item/Pokemon maps for the CMS? I thought I wasnt the only one working here. I'm sleepy now, goin to bed.

nite nite

Years
Daegon_Kimeron said:
hey, I think we should only use one map for the whole battle system.
For different pokemon, we can have a switch for each section with different
pokemon, and that switch will activate some random number events, each number
the pokemon you battle with.

if the whole battle system is done on one map, all we would have to do
is copy that map and maybe some switches and variables if we want to
re-design or update later.
That would be like 5 million switches!!!! I don't want to get confused man so I am using a map for each thing. there will be a map for the battle, item screen and pokemon slection screen.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, I am using VARIABLES not switches. It would be impossible to work with switches. has anyone ever tried to do a CNS with switches? Practically impossible. Anyway, I am really tired so I am going to bed for real now.

nite nite all :tired:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I meant that we should use one map for the battle only.
I agree that we should use differnt maps for items and other stuff.
Sorry if I got everyone confused.
Plus I've started on the item system.

-EDIT-

Welcome back MEERKAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back