• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Spin VS Flamethrower

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
Years
I think Flamethrower is better. Because Fire Spin is too weak in the games. So Flamethrower is more useful.

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
Years
My vote is on Fire Spin, it traps your opponent so they can't switch.

If you want power, go for Fire Blast.

Flamethrower is only good on Fire types because of STAB, but how many Fire types (barring starters/legendaries) are actually usable in the game?

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
Years
yeah, unfortunately, moves used in the anime aren't as strong as they deem to be in the game.

yeah.. remember the episode where Caterpie defeats TR and evolves into Metapod? Wow.. Imagine defeating an Ekans and Koffing with just *string shot* o_o such can never happen in the game~

oops, I guess I went a lil' out of topic.. :P

eureKa^

Veteran
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2022
in the anime, fire spin is cooler, but in game flamethrower is infinitely better

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
Years
yeah.. to use fire spin, it's really about strategic battling.. and whether one can use it to their advantage very much..

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
Years
All Fire Spin really does is keep an opponent from switch out for 2-5 turns, and that's what things like Chaosbreon is for (for those noobs that dont know what Chaosbren is, its an Umbreon with Wish/Mean Look/Baton Pass/Taunt). Fire Spin is a frikin screwed over move. Its a proven fact that Flamethrower is the best.

Good day.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
Years
I always choose to teach Flamethrower to my Pokemon rather than Fire Spin. Fire Spin keeps your Pokemon from switching out, but Flamethrower is just stronger. I hardly ever see Fire Spin used on any final movesets.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
Years
just a passing thought.. wouldn't it be useful if your opponent were poisoned, and you used fire spin to stop it from switching out? o.o

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
Years
Well Fire Spin look cool then Flamethrower,but Flamethrower is way more powerful then Fire Spin.....so if i have to choose one i choose Flamethrower....

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
Years
Only once have a ever had Fire Spin as one of the moves for a team, and that was back in the RBY days.

yeah, actually, me too. I only let my Pokemon learn Fire Spin because I happened to just watched the episode where Vulpix unleased an amazing fire spin in one of the indigo episodes.. I really thought it was an awesome move back then~

Sikono

Sikono Knows All
Years
Fire Spin is more powerful in the anime, but it's way weak in the game, and flamethrower looked less powerful but still powerful in the anime, but also in the game, so I choose flamethrower. :D

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
Years
Fire Blast > Flamethrower...

Fire Spin is good for trapping in 2v2 battles where you can trap an enemy and stack Leech Seed and Toxic onto it for increased duration damage.

Also, Fire Spin (or any duration damage) + Curse (Ghost version) or Nightmare KO's the enemy in 3 turns instead of 4. That can be useful in 2v2 battles.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2016
Depends on what metagame too....in red/blue/yellow its fun waching a charizard beat slower pokemon b just fire spinning

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hmmm... theres probably been more Flamthrowers then FireSpin...because Fire Spin is weaker...

I don't really care for it much myself... ^^;;

Flame Thrower is better.

Back