• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

|Tutorial| How to start a hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
How to start a hack

Hello and welcome to this tutorial. Here you will learn absolute basics, which you need to make a hack. I'll describe it in a few steps:

1. Find a ROM
I won't tell you where you can find a ROM, but keep in mind that Google can help you.

2. Think about a game you will hack
Now, you have found a source of your ROMs, so you want to decide which one is perfect for you.

My choice:
Fire Red has better graphics than Ruby, but it's harder to hack. But I want to have a hack with good looking graphics, even if that means that I need to learn.

3. Make a name and a slogan
Okay, so you have ROM, now think about a name. It can be a colour (to make it look more Nintendo-ish) or a name promising a change.

Now, think about slogan: It is good to keep in mind that a slogan of type:
THIS HACK WILL PWN U
THE BEST HACK YOU'VE EVA SEEN.
No, no. It has to be a NORMAL slogan. Think about a sentence which will make a bait for posters on this forum to look. To find out where and when write your slogan and make it public, look into the next sections of this thread.

4. Showcase yourself

Look into the other tutorials and map the first town of your Pokémon hack completely (that means also indoors), and beware of mapping errors (often called glitches - wrong). Prove yourself as good mapper. Now make at least four screenshots of the town and indoors.

Now make a thread: It has to meet requirements. Look into the Thread Requirements to find out. Because of these, you need those screenshots.

5. Place for your slogan? Signature!
So, now make a link for your thread in signature. It's good if your hack name will be the link to the thread, then, under it put a slogan.

Example:

Pokémon: The new Beginnig
The world is in a danger. It's up to you to save it!

You can make a simple picture in Photoshop or other image editor. Then make a link from it.

6. The end
Okay, that's all, folks. You know how to start a hack, now look into the other tutorials.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back