• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A pokemon SOLAMMORPG

Years
I found this game on the internet, the SOLAMMORPG stands for Sort of like an MMORPG. This game is actually very fun and you can sign up and catch pokemon, train them, fight other people or beat gym leaders. It's browser based so it has to keep refreshing but it's really fun, give it a try.

http://www.pokemoncrater.com

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
Oh yeah. I play that. It's not very good. It's really slow paced and all the defensive moves like smokescreen are now attacks.

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
I never heard of it before and just started playing, it isn't that good I mean in battles you can't switch out your Pokémon course at the same time you can choose which will face your opponent rather than the first Pokémon in your party go. And defensive Moves being attacks don't make sense, course I do like you earn money every time you battle even if it doesn't make sense as last I checked Pokémon don't have money lol. Another thing I don't like is how you move around and the limited amount of places to go but hey I guess its better than nothing and it just makes me wanna make my game even more now since such things like this are online for fans to play.

Years
Yeah I would much rather play your game but in the meantime this will do because it passes the time. I like it that you can get different styles of pokemon like dark and ghostly. Why doesn't everyone post their team stats? I've only been playing for 2 hours but here's my team...

craterteamjs6.jpg

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
Yeah I would much rather play your game but in the meantime this will do because it passes the time. I like it that you can get different styles of pokemon like dark and ghostly. Why doesn't everyone post their team stats? I've only been playing for 2 hours but here's my team...

craterteamjs6.jpg
Where did you find that Ghostly Bagon and Ghostly & Dark versions sound cool though I haven't come across any course I just been playing like a half hour. And ya I rather be playing my game to lol.

Years
Where did you find that Ghostly Bagon and Ghostly & Dark versions sound cool though I haven't come across any course I just been playing like a half hour. And ya I rather be playing my game to lol.

I dunno I just clicked on a new map area (somewhere in the grassy) and there he was! Instantly. I guess it's just luck. Good luck trying to find one. :D

Niwa

.Blank
Years
Used to play crater sometime ago, it was okay, but the way you moved,battled, and caught pokemon werent up to my expectations that much, it reminded me of a old Dinosaur game called "Al".

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
Yeah, Pokemon Crater is a little slow and annoying... yet still I'm really upset because I don't remember my username there, and I had fifteen or so Pokemon on there!

Anyways, I know of another SOLAMMORPG that is kind of similar to Pokemon Crater. It's faster than Pokemon Crater, but you can't use items. (To catch a Pokemon, you have to get its HP really low.) But, it's kind of neat anyways. It's called the Pokemon Playground.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Hmmmmmmmm.
I haven't heard of that before. But before I try it, I'm going to ask some questions about it.
1. Do you get to walk around, threw grass, surf, is it an adventure like the GBA games?
2. What is the battle system like?
3. In the battle system, can you see your attacks?

Oh, and how slow is it, from what I have read, its really slow(I can't stand lag)

Years
Yeah, Pokemon Crater is a little slow and annoying... yet still I'm really upset because I don't remember my username there, and I had fifteen or so Pokemon on there!

Anyways, I know of another SOLAMMORPG that is kind of similar to Pokemon Crater. It's faster than Pokemon Crater, but you can't use items. (To catch a Pokemon, you have to get its HP really low.) But, it's kind of neat anyways. It's called the Pokemon Playground.

I haven't seen that one before, I'll try it.

Here's another SOLAMMORPG but I don't like it that much. ANOTHER SOLAMMORPG

Last edited:

thepokemonfan

pokemon fan (as you can see)
Years
ahhhh....It's a long time since I've been there.....
seems like there's more "weird" pokemon now.......
*loggs on* OHHHH METALLIC CACNEA!!!!!! Must catch!!!!! 'scuse me.....

battle? sure......*evil smile* oh yes, I'm thepokemonfan on pokemon crater.....

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years

You just find those at random while walking around. You also have Shiny, Metallic, Dark, etc. Pokemon. I myself have a ghostly Zubat and a metallic Whismur...

Other things I noticed that are weird about Pokemon Crater:

-Sometimes, moves that are normally more powerful than other moves are actually less powerful there. For example, normally Ice Beam does more damage than Aurora Beam. But in Pokemon Crater, Aurora Beam does more damage than Ice Beam. Weird...
-A Pokemon gains experience eve if it faints in a battle. That probably makes up for you being unable to switch...
-There is a long list of different attacks you can teach to a Pokemon for a price. All these attacks are compatible with every Pokemon. So you can have a Bellossom with Flamethrower, a Pikachu with Crabhammer, a Magikarp with Karate Chop... you get the idea.
-You have a bunch of new attacks there that don't appear in the games, such as Shell Attack and Hydro Blast.
-Pokemon evolve by either leveling up or using stones. So Seadra evolves at level 56 or so instead of being traded.
-All status problems (paralysis, freezing, confusion, and sleep) do the same thing--they prevent the foe from attacking for two turns.
-There is a new status called Scared that only ghostly Pokemon can inflict on others.
-If more than one Pokemon participates in a battle, they don't split the experience points--they all gain whatever amount it is, no matter how many Pokemon battled.

By the way, I'm Yamiko Murakage on Pokemon Crater. I have two badges and a team of level 30 Pokemon (Raichu, Combusken, Gardevoir, Shuppet, Bellossom, and Octillery).

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Hmmmmmmmm.
I haven't heard of that before. But before I try it, I'm going to ask some questions about it.
1. Do you get to walk around, threw grass, surf, is it an adventure like the GBA games?
2. What is the battle system like?
3. In the battle system, can you see your attacks?

Oh, and how slow is it, from what I have read, its really slow(I can't stand lag)

1. You dont even walk around. There is a compass that has 6 arrows that point in different directions. You press them to move and the screen refreshes with you in the place you pointed to. You cannot surf or anything. You walk through water. It is nothing like the GBA games. You actualy see other players
2. The battle system is suckage. First all defensive attacks are offensive. When you battle you do not see the pokemon battling and other suckage stuff like that.
3. Look at #2

Overall I highly recommend NOT joining this MMO. I would rather emulate a game then play this one

Back