• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Back agian.

I'm starting a new ROM hack I need help on a few things.

1. Dose anyone have a list or know where I can find a list of script offsets for Items, TMs, Berries, etc. for Fire Red?

2. Is there a way to transfer music from an R/S/E ROM and apply them to a FR/LG rom?

Thats pretty much it. :s

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
How can I change pokemon types in Ruby ex.from Flying to fire and electric.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2008
scripting

how do you compile scripts with script ed and is there any other better script editors plz plz plz answer plz plz plz

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Back agian.

1. Dose anyone have a list or know where I can find a list of script offsets for Items, TMs, Berries, etc. for Fire Red?

2. Is there a way to transfer music from an R/S/E ROM and apply them to a FR/LG rom?

1. Simple Script Creator had all the items, TMs and Berries hex codes. Download here.

2. You can use Sappy to extract the R/S/E music and import it in your FR/LG ROM.

How can I change pokemon types in Ruby ex.from Flying to fire and electric.

Pokemon Amplifier.

how do you compile scripts with script ed and is there any other better script editors plz plz plz answer plz plz plz

Save your script with no spaces in the name in ScriptED's folder, put your ROM in there too with no spaces and open the script with ScriptED, click compile and done.

Years
  • Age 59
  • Seen Aug 3, 2019
Back agian.

I can only reply to your second question.

All music from R/S in already in FR/LG. Dunno which the offsets are though. Only Emerald has a couple of new songs that do not exist in FR/LG. Other than that, you can find about everything. (You can check what songs are in with EliteMap.)

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2008
thanks again and the intro

thanks blazichu and does anyone no how to edit the pic of oak at the introduction

and finally another aussie aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

also with the script ed thing it doesnt work

also can anyone one name any of the fire red script editors except 4 ?diamond cutter? scripted simple script editor

Last edited:

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Has anyone got updated PokeRoms.ini that has all info for FR?

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Does anyone know the E4 script for a rock blocking the path until you beat the E4?Deos anyone know what scripts for a boat that you can control?

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
does anybody?...

1.Does anybody know how to import your own pokemon sprites into your game?(e.g. Say I just created sprites for my new fakemon and want them in my game) BUT...
2.I've tried using unLZ.GBA but everytime i open a rom, the sprites come up all scrambled... I've tried this with all my roms and they are clean...ruby, sapphire, fire red and leafgreen...emerald...even the non us ones..like the uk ones...

So can anybody help me here?...

Last edited:
'nother question
Why doesn't the "overheat" weather work in Firered? It freezes the game when selected as the default weather for a map. Why is that? Is there a way to fix it?

Oh and one more.
I've heard that every R/S song is in Firered and Leafgreen. Does anyone know the offsets or the "musik de" ini file for advance map with it included? Thanks in advance.

(Christos, thanks for the advance scripting tut. It really helps!)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
'nother question
Why doesn't the "overheat" weather work in Firered? It freezes the game when selected as the default weather for a map. Why is that? Is there a way to fix it?

Oh and one more.
I've heard that every R/S song is in Firered and Leafgreen. Does anyone know the offsets or the "musik de" ini file for advance map with it included? Thanks in advance.

(Christos, thanks for the advance scripting tut. It really helps!)

1. If it always freezes then the "Overheat" weather probably isn't in Fire Red.

2. I think White Mage posted an AM ini file with the music. It was attached in the Advance Map thread in the tutorial section but the attachment was corrupt.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
I have a question. (I know it's kind of obvious, but it seems that I've only had one of my questions answered. Look back in this thread for some unanswered questions on my part)

How do I make it so that the roof of a building is over the sprite of my character? I made a custom building set, but when I made some buildings out of it, and my character went behind the building (As in, into the tiles that make up the very back of the roof), he was fine until he went to a corner of the roof. Then, he was suddenly on to of the sprite, instead of behind the roof. I'll attach the picture to this post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I have a question. (I know it's kind of obvious, but it seems that I've only had one of my questions answered. Look back in this thread for some unanswered questions on my part)

How do I make it so that the roof of a building is over the sprite of my character? I made a custom building set, but when I made some buildings out of it, and my character went behind the building (As in, into the tiles that make up the very back of the roof), he was fine until he went to a corner of the roof. Then, he was suddenly on to of the sprite, instead of behind the roof. I'll attach the picture to this post.

In block editor, choose the block you step over and make it's background behavior "00". If that doesn't work, make another block somewhere else.

Andrew McKenzie

Years
hey christos?

Hey Christos...did you miss my question?
Anyway here it is:
Thank you in advance...
1.Does anybody know how to import your own pokemon sprites into your game?(e.g. Say I just created sprites for my new fakemon and want them in my game) BUT...
2.I've tried using unLZ.GBA but everytime i open a rom, the sprites come up all scrambled... I've tried this with all my roms and they are clean...ruby, sapphire, fire red and leafgreen...emerald...even the non us ones..like the uk ones...

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey Christos...did you miss my question?
Anyway here it is:
Thank you in advance...

Try following this tutorial.

Andrew McKenzie

Years
I tried using unLZ.GBA but the images come up all different coloured and scrambled no matter what rom I use...
Is there another way I can do it, like with a hex editor or something but i'll need a quick tutorial to do it...

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
I tried using unLZ.GBA but the images come up all different coloured and scrambled no matter what rom I use...
Is there another way I can do it, like with a hex editor or something but i'll need a quick tutorial to do it...

From what I can tell, there could be two problems.

1. You used colors not compatible with GBA. Find the GBA color picker to fix that. (It allows you to choose colors that work in the GBA by sliding different color bars around.

2. You have too many colors for a sprite. Look at the number of colors in a palette in the games. Your sprite should have no more and no less than that number. (If you have GIMP, it allows you to see what colors there are in the picture)

Andrew McKenzie

Years
Thanks glitchfinder!...

Thanks for the help...I sorted the problem...
Just wondering how to make an .ips patch with your hacks data on it so i can distribute it
when i finish my hack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back