Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

View Poll Results: Would you use the descripted starterkit?(read starting post)
Yes, definitely, the work is worth it in the end. 13 65.00%
Probably, as long as it's not too obnoxious. 3 15.00%
Hmm... I might. 1 5.00%
Agh... sounds like that may be just too much work. 2 10.00%
Ya... I don't think so. Im not gonna do all that to make a game. 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old February 20th, 2007 (3:18 PM).
DeM0nFiRe's Avatar
DeM0nFiRe DeM0nFiRe is offline
Running for Supreme Ruler :)
     
    Join Date: Aug 2006
    Age: 26
    Gender:
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 176
    So I know how to make a very serviceable RMXP pokemon starter kit but there's just one problem. The problem is that it would be very tedious for you to use. You would have to make seperate switches and variables for each pokemon but the fruits of your labors would be a fully working pokemon game. So the question I have for you is would you actually bother to use the starterkit, even if it took alot of boring, tedious work? thank you very much for letting me know wether i should continue with this kit.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old February 20th, 2007 (5:53 PM).
    Glitchfinder's Avatar
    Glitchfinder Glitchfinder is offline
    Let's all get along, please?
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: The Twilight Zone
    Age: 27
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 477
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeM0nFiRe View Post
    So I know how to make a very serviceable RMXP pokemon starter kit but there's just one problem. The problem is that it would be very tedious for you to use. You would have to make seperate switches and variables for each pokemon but the fruits of your labors would be a fully working pokemon game. So the question I have for you is would you actually bother to use the starterkit, even if it took alot of boring, tedious work? thank you very much for letting me know wether i should continue with this kit.
    I'd definately use it! I mean, I have been able to handle tedious work like inputting names and stuff for years, so this would be nothing. Besides, I think it would be a good idea to leave some of the work for the user of your starter kit, instead of doing it all yourself.
      #3    
    Old February 21st, 2007 (7:17 PM).
    ~Azura's Avatar
    ~Azura ~Azura is offline
    Alright, purple is good.
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 511
    Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Azura
    I wouldn't... what's really the point of doing your systems in RMXP with events and switches? I would understand if it was made for Rm2k3, but not for XP.

    It may be just me, but there are better options than "boring, tedious work" of copying and pasting...
    __________________
    [ Support: ]

    [ Game | Previews | Screenshots ]

    Thread returning soon, don't worry!


    Need help with something? Send me a PM!
      #4    
    Old February 23rd, 2007 (6:12 AM).
    blueboy171 blueboy171 is offline
       
      Join Date: Oct 2006
      Gender:
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 15
      Yo, you have to work hard to reap rewards, am I right? More work you put into it the better you will like the out come. Nothing in life comes easy, and being a game designer means tedious work all the time. Programming is as tedious as it gets, trust me Well, I have voiced my opionion, may those who wish not to work mock us as we make much better games than them. Just be sure to add an example of what we are suppose to do. Well, good luck!!

      -Blue-
        #5    
      Old February 23rd, 2007 (6:56 PM).
      DeM0nFiRe's Avatar
      DeM0nFiRe DeM0nFiRe is offline
      Running for Supreme Ruler :)
         
        Join Date: Aug 2006
        Age: 26
        Gender:
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 176
        To Azura: I see where u r coming from but have u ever tried to program the systems neccessary? There really is a reason why noone has done it yet.(unless someone has. correct me please if someone has.)

        To Blueboy: Don't worry, there will be no problem knowing what u r supposed to do to make the games. it's just what you have to dop won't always be as fun as mapping or making up pokemon.
          #6    
        Old February 23rd, 2007 (8:09 PM).
        O.G. Duke's Avatar
        O.G. Duke O.G. Duke is offline
        a.k.a OmegaGroudon
           
          Join Date: Oct 2006
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 988
          Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
          Will yours starter kit contains pokedex,battle system and pokemon capturing system?
          __________________
          This signature has been disabled.
          Signature too tall
          Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

          You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

          Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
            #7    
          Old February 23rd, 2007 (8:49 PM).
          ~Azura's Avatar
          ~Azura ~Azura is offline
          Alright, purple is good.
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Apr 2006
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 511
          Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Azura
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by DeM0nFiRe View Post
          To Azura: I see where u r coming from but have u ever tried to program the systems neccessary? There really is a reason why noone has done it yet.(unless someone has. correct me please if someone has.)
          First, I suggest you to read this thread, if you don't mind: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=78774

          I understand that many things appear to be doable, but sometimes the level of complexity of one of the systems (as you may've read in the thread I suggested) will just be too much to be handled by events. That's why Blizzy made a mix of Events and Scripts, what ended up being a complete mess, but was a good shot at the whole new situation created by Rmxp, where you could use something more powerful than events to do whatever you wanted to do.

          IMHO there's a reason why no one has ever finished projects like that: because they insist their hard work using events will be rewarded in the end, which I disagree. However, like I said before, I would use it if it was made for Rm2k3.

          Anyway, despite of all the things I've said, I wish you good luck if you're willing to make this. It will be, for sure, a great step for the Game Development.

          Oh, and I've tried to code the systems for quite some time now. I've got pretty much everything covered, as you may see in Pkmn Metropolis' thread.
          __________________
          [ Support: ]

          [ Game | Previews | Screenshots ]

          Thread returning soon, don't worry!


          Need help with something? Send me a PM!
            #8    
          Old February 23rd, 2007 (9:04 PM).
          DeM0nFiRe's Avatar
          DeM0nFiRe DeM0nFiRe is offline
          Running for Supreme Ruler :)
             
            Join Date: Aug 2006
            Age: 26
            Gender:
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 176
            I think u r not understanding what I plan on doing azura. if enough ppl say they will use my starterkit i will finish it then u will see what i mean
            __________________

            Just because DeathNote Is great
              #9    
            Old February 28th, 2007 (11:54 AM).
            blueboy171 blueboy171 is offline
               
              Join Date: Oct 2006
              Gender:
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 15
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by DeM0nFiRe View Post
              To Azura: I see where u r coming from but have u ever tried to program the systems neccessary? There really is a reason why noone has done it yet.(unless someone has. correct me please if someone has.)

              To Blueboy: Don't worry, there will be no problem knowing what u r supposed to do to make the games. it's just what you have to dop won't always be as fun as mapping or making up pokemon.

              I got ya, no prob. Need any battle sprites?
                #10    
              Old February 28th, 2007 (12:14 PM).
              KingdomHeartsKid's Avatar
              KingdomHeartsKid KingdomHeartsKid is offline
              Keyblade Master
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2007
                Gender:
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 9
                i will definately use it coz im useless at making graphics
                __________________

                NEW! Pokévénture Custom made game made in rm2k3

                Status:

                Graphics - 22%
                Mapping - 3%
                Events - 1%
                Battles - 0%
                  #11    
                Old February 28th, 2007 (2:58 PM).
                DeM0nFiRe's Avatar
                DeM0nFiRe DeM0nFiRe is offline
                Running for Supreme Ruler :)
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2006
                  Age: 26
                  Gender:
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 176
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsKid View Post
                  i will definately use it coz im useless at making graphics
                  umm... actually i wasn't planning on making the sprites for you. at least not at first. I'll prolly release it first without the sprites and release sprite packs later.
                  __________________

                  Just because DeathNote Is great
                    #12    
                  Old February 28th, 2007 (5:34 PM).
                  Krobelus's Avatar
                  Krobelus Krobelus is offline
                  RainbowNoodleWarrior
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2006
                    Location: Vancouver
                    Age: 26
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 757
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DeM0nFiRe View Post
                    I think u r not understanding what I plan on doing azura. if enough ppl say they will use my starterkit i will finish it then u will see what i mean
                    DemonFire, I would like to ask how far are you in completing this? Or, how far are you now? Because I was making one too, but, for me, I was just putting all the items/pokémon/other stuff in it, then making a game myself.

                    But, I would like to know if you started, and if you have, then how far are you into this? Because many people have tried, and gave up either because they lost interest, or because of people spamming "wen i can downlood??" etc.

                    But, I will support you all the way, and wish you luck!
                    __________________

                    YouTube Channel
                    Pokemon Pearl FC:
                    4296-8996-1956

                    Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
                    3009-0281-8050

                    Pokemon White 2 FC:
                    1765-0509-2291

                      #13    
                    Old March 1st, 2007 (2:36 PM).
                    DeM0nFiRe's Avatar
                    DeM0nFiRe DeM0nFiRe is offline
                    Running for Supreme Ruler :)
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2006
                      Age: 26
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 176
                      I've actually completed it like 90% in my head(as in i know exactly how im gonna do it) but i havent started is physically yet. Im gonna start when this poll ends on Mar 23. I know there'll be "can i download" |\|008s but ill live.
                      __________________

                      Just because DeathNote Is great
                        #14    
                      Old March 1st, 2007 (3:49 PM).
                      Krobelus's Avatar
                      Krobelus Krobelus is offline
                      RainbowNoodleWarrior
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2006
                        Location: Vancouver
                        Age: 26
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 757
                        Alright, if you need any help at all, just ask. =)
                        __________________

                        YouTube Channel
                        Pokemon Pearl FC:
                        4296-8996-1956

                        Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
                        3009-0281-8050

                        Pokemon White 2 FC:
                        1765-0509-2291

                          #15    
                        Old March 1st, 2007 (4:04 PM).
                        DeM0nFiRe's Avatar
                        DeM0nFiRe DeM0nFiRe is offline
                        Running for Supreme Ruler :)
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2006
                          Age: 26
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 176
                          Thanks alot Razmaster, Maybe I can Have you be a beta tester...
                          __________________

                          Just because DeathNote Is great
                            #16    
                          Old March 1st, 2007 (4:11 PM).
                          Krobelus's Avatar
                          Krobelus Krobelus is offline
                          RainbowNoodleWarrior
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2006
                            Location: Vancouver
                            Age: 26
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 757
                            Really? Well, that would be really awesome. Thanks for the opportunity. =)
                            __________________

                            YouTube Channel
                            Pokemon Pearl FC:
                            4296-8996-1956

                            Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
                            3009-0281-8050

                            Pokemon White 2 FC:
                            1765-0509-2291

                              #17    
                            Old March 1st, 2007 (4:15 PM).
                            DeM0nFiRe's Avatar
                            DeM0nFiRe DeM0nFiRe is offline
                            Running for Supreme Ruler :)
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2006
                              Age: 26
                              Gender:
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 176
                              Ya np, i already also got azura as a beta tester.
                              __________________

                              Just because DeathNote Is great
                                #18    
                              Old April 27th, 2007 (5:24 AM).
                              Krypton-knight EX Krypton-knight EX is offline
                              Banned
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2007
                                Location: Jubilife city,sinnoh
                                Age: 23
                                Gender:
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Posts: 99
                                Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krypton-knight EX Send a message via Yahoo to Krypton-knight EX
                                I'll use it as long as it not impossible for noobs.Get the hint
                                  #19    
                                Old April 27th, 2007 (1:36 PM).
                                Forest Grovyle's Avatar
                                Forest Grovyle Forest Grovyle is offline
                                Resident Reptilian Artist
                                   
                                  Join Date: Oct 2003
                                  Location: The deepest, darkest corner of Ilex Forest
                                  Age: 31
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Timid
                                  Posts: 3,364
                                  Krypton-knight, don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for a month. Please read the rules before posting again.

                                  *locks*

                                  --FG
                                  __________________

                                  Forest Grovyle x wakachamo
                                  ~*paired since May 2007*~

                                  Check out my Pokémon art tumblr at Poké-rama!
                                  Closed Thread
                                  Quick Reply

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:24 AM.