• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHY do you all like Pokemon anyway?

RGM8

1995 Pokemon fan
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2007
It was one of my favorite childhood cartoons--come on, animal like creatures beating each other up was just my thing. Sometimes that just sticks with you like how some girls still like Winnie the Pooh.

Playing my Pokemon got me away from the real world and in my own world where I was stronger than anyone who dare challenge me and that made me feel good. Another bonus was that the Pokemon couldn't die and they were just so kewl to look at.

SO. Why do YOU like Pokemon anyway?

Frugget

Meteor Masher
Years
I watched the pokemon anime for like 3 episodes and thought "wow, this is really bad." But i caught onto the games when my brother got red version, and it's like a really good, unique style of rpg that no other company could mimic, no matter how hard they try. Pokemon only worked because it had a fantastic, extremely popular and addictive game to back it up. That's why digimon went down the toilet.(The show. there's still some games floating around, kinda like sonic). seriously, admit it. the anime is kiddy, embarrassing to watch(unless you're too young to even know or care) and quite repetitive, in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
The Digimon anime wasn't repetative. Especially the third season... :<

Why do I like Pokemon? Why do I spend all my waking hours on the computer on these forums, or writing my fanfiction? Because I like watching cute and cuddly creatures wail the livin' stuffin' outta one another. x3 I love the battles most of all.

Yeah, that's it.

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
I got the game and to me it was addicting. carried it everywhere and like 6 or eight batteries in my pocket just in case it died.
I also like seeing how strong my things are compared to others!

So why do you like pokemon!?!

RGM8

1995 Pokemon fan
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2007
Yeah it is all about the games to me too. The show I could care less about. I only liked the old episodes with Team Rocket (before there ever was a movie to it too). After that I stopped liking the shows and got more into the games.

.ViPeR.$

Team H2K
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2007
i hate the cards, i hate the show, i hate the kids who love the show, i LOVE the games

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
That's why digimon went down the toilet.(The show. there's still some games floating around, kinda like sonic).

Digimon isn't over. Season 5 (Digimon Data Squad aka Savers) starts this fall on Jetix. The animation style is quite different, but the concept is the same. Sentai-esque monster-of-the-day battles, etc...

Anyway, I liked Pokemon because it was the only series (at the time) where you could actually recruit every static enemy in the games.

The Anime caught me by surprise. I was watching Fox in the morning before school and was expecting to see Power Rangers reruns (which I was still into at the time), but then I suddenly saw MewTwo flying across the screen. I immediately thought, 'No. There is no freaking way that's what I think it is. There CAN'T be an Anime.'. But there it was. And it's now one of the longest running cartoons' ever made, with over 450 episodes (even though it's been bounced around several networks here). A series so long that it puts The Simpsons to shame.

See, I don't know why, but when the show first came out back when it was on Fox, it wasn't advertised on TV AT ALL! So I wasn't expecting it to suddenly show up.

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
Years
Because Pokemon has been a 10-year duration of consistently fun video games. And Ken Sugimori is a cool artist and draws cute girls.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
I never liked the anime that much. The games were all I paid attention to, because they were new and interesting, and were one of many contributing factors to my otaku/gamer lifestyle today.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Mmm, I like it for multiple different reasons.
For starters, it was my first anime.

& there is nothing that I really dislike about it at all.
Infact, I like everything that has to do with it.
Games, products, the anime, the manga..

Anime-wise, I really like the main cast of characters, as well also liking the battles and contests, and of course the actual Pokemon that are in the anime.

Game-wise, I like raising them, and making them evolve, and I like getting to all the different areas..
Meh, I like everything about the games.. xD

Same goes for the manga.
Even though where I live they don't sell anything past the R/B/Y manga in stores.. D: But I can read them online.

RGM8

1995 Pokemon fan
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2007
Wow. you really are a true fan. Good for you...

STM

My DS doesn't read DS games...
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2013
Cause its a fun strategic game, the anime is cool and some of the pokemon just look pretty darn cool!

RangerLunick

Rookie Ranger
Years
I like it because the game world is cool, Team Rocket especially. A lot of the pokemon are a bit crappy though (like natu and snorunt)

Back