Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old July 11th, 2007 (1:37 PM).
Double 7's Avatar
Double 7 Double 7 is offline
Speedy Agent 0007
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Location: NY, USA
    Age: 20
    Gender:
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 112
    Paul is theBIGGESTjerk I have ever seen! Telling other people they are good enough! Even telling HIS pokemon that they did bad when they faint! Who agrees?
    Double 7
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old July 11th, 2007 (1:53 PM).
    diamondpearl876's Avatar
    diamondpearl876 diamondpearl876 is offline
    you can breathe now. x
       
      Join Date: Jun 2007
      Location: Illinois, USA.
      Age: 24
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 1,568
      Yes, he is indeed, Mr. Bully.

      You can't always have good guys in the world, though.

      Also, Ash needed a new rival.
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old July 11th, 2007 (2:52 PM).
      Shinji_'s Avatar
      Shinji_ Shinji_ is offline
      Paul addicted
         
        Join Date: Mar 2007
        Location: Toronto
        Age: 25
        Gender:
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 625
        Don't say that about paul! He's great he has an attitude but hes still not a bad guy which makes him cool ash is a loser...Soo I dont know why your bashing on paul.
        __________________
        My Claimed Pokemon

        My Poem club http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=93411
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old July 11th, 2007 (3:25 PM).
        Gary, the Magic Fairy's Avatar
        Gary, the Magic Fairy Gary, the Magic Fairy is offline
        Banned
           
          Join Date: Feb 2006
          Location: Your Mother
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 2,800
          Paul is far from being the biggest jerk. At least he doesn't keep his pokemon until they get emotionally attached, then dump them off and replace them, like SOMEONE does.

          There have been much bigger jerks than Paul. Anyone remember Damian? Left his Charmander to die? HE was a jerk.
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old July 11th, 2007 (3:31 PM).
          Star★Seeker's Avatar
          Star★Seeker Star★Seeker is offline
          →s t y l e ;
             
            Join Date: Jan 2007
            Location: The Island of Enchantment
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 1,983
            At least he's a change from the usual goody trainer and Ash's cheesy phrases.
            __________________
            new msn: [email protected]
            [Please Add]
            Reply With Quote
              #6    
            Old July 11th, 2007 (4:01 PM).
            Miss Reyna's Avatar
            Miss Reyna Miss Reyna is offline
            Happiness~
               
              Join Date: May 2004
              Location: A place where happiness grows on tress
              Age: 29
              Gender:
              Nature: Lax
              Posts: 1,895
              Well Paul isn't the nicest person but you got to say he is different from the other characters and I think that is one of the best things about the Diamond and Pearl saga. It seems like the writers did a lot of good work on creating personities for characters like what they did with Zoey and Paul.
              __________________
              ♪We live to become happy♪

              ♪And live on to make others happy♪
              ♪Fellow HCSC: Midori Chi and Pink Tiger♪

              Reply With Quote
                #7    
              Old July 11th, 2007 (4:11 PM).
              Kitty!'s Avatar
              Kitty! Kitty! is offline
              mandi
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2007
                Location: Conetekit
                Age: 27
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 151
                And Paul is awesome for that reason. I can't see why so many people hate him because he's hard on his Pokemon, especially because I know if we had real Pokemon, we'd probably treat them similar. Getting pissed at them if they lost and yeah.

                It was time that we had an actual badass rival on the show. I'm sick of all the 'snobs, but good inside' rivals.
                Reply With Quote
                  #8    
                Old July 11th, 2007 (4:21 PM).
                NocturnLeader's Avatar
                NocturnLeader NocturnLeader is offline
                Team Nocturn Leader
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2007
                Location: Edgewater, NJ
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Impish
                Posts: 376
                ^ not me i respect mine fully. I even cahnt them on as they get good hits. and then kind of feel sad if they lose!

                Paul is a Trainer and even though some people don't agree with the way he treats his pokemon, He only decides how he raises them.

                But i think Chimchar will sooner or later abandon him and He'll learn a lesson to treat his pokemon a bit better.
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #9    
                Old July 11th, 2007 (8:22 PM).
                Apathetic_Yen's Avatar
                Apathetic_Yen Apathetic_Yen is offline
                very original
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2007
                  Location: What?
                  Age: 27
                  Gender:
                  Nature: Hasty
                  Posts: 1,028
                  Woot go Paul! Ash sucks! Still hasn't evolved Pikachu and still wonders why he still loses with him after it's probably on LV. 500
                  __________________
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MewthreeXL View Post
                  Ash releases strong pokemon and Paul releases weak pokemon.Ash=stupid,Paul=smart.
                  Congratulations! Your Super Smash Bros. Melee has evolved into Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
                  Super Smash Bros. Brawl wants to learn the character Lucario.
                  However, Super Smash Bros. Brawl already knows four pokemon characters.
                  Should a character be deleted and replaced with Lucario?
                  Which character should be forgotten?
                  1,2, and... ... ... Poof!
                  Super Smash Bros. Brawl forgot Mewtwo.
                  And...
                  Super Smash Bros. Brawl learned Lucario!
                  Reply With Quote
                    #10    
                  Old July 12th, 2007 (6:27 PM).
                  Double 7's Avatar
                  Double 7 Double 7 is offline
                  Speedy Agent 0007
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2007
                    Location: NY, USA
                    Age: 20
                    Gender:
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 112
                    Brocklee how dare you say Ash sucks! I wouldn't evolve my pikachu!
                    __________________
                    The Avatar legend goes on within us...
                    Reply With Quote
                      #11    
                    Old July 12th, 2007 (7:30 PM).
                    SBaby's Avatar
                    SBaby SBaby is offline
                    Dungeon Master
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2004
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 2,006
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by brocklee View Post
                      Woot go Paul! Ash sucks! Still hasn't evolved Pikachu and still wonders why he still loses with him after it's probably on LV. 500
                      More like the writers suck. Seriously, what's their problem? They've basically got the same plot running for the fourth time. When will something worthwile actually HAPPEN?

                      Anyway, I like Paul's character. I hope he becomes a real villain, because he's the type of person to do it. Nintendo'd never let that happen. They're too scared.
                      __________________
                      If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you will never get it done.

                      - Bruce Lee

                      The worst thing you can do in a business is blame the customer.

                      - Willie 'Jack' Degel
                      Reply With Quote
                        #12    
                      Old July 13th, 2007 (1:42 PM).
                      Apathetic_Yen's Avatar
                      Apathetic_Yen Apathetic_Yen is offline
                      very original
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2007
                        Location: What?
                        Age: 27
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 1,028
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Double 7 View Post
                        Brocklee how dare you say Ash sucks! I wouldn't evolve my pikachu!
                        I thought Ash wanted to catch em all and to do that he's either gotta somehow catch a wild Raichu or evolve his pikachu. Course that's probably why they don't use gotta catch em all anymore. What do they use?
                        __________________
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by MewthreeXL View Post
                        Ash releases strong pokemon and Paul releases weak pokemon.Ash=stupid,Paul=smart.
                        Congratulations! Your Super Smash Bros. Melee has evolved into Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
                        Super Smash Bros. Brawl wants to learn the character Lucario.
                        However, Super Smash Bros. Brawl already knows four pokemon characters.
                        Should a character be deleted and replaced with Lucario?
                        Which character should be forgotten?
                        1,2, and... ... ... Poof!
                        Super Smash Bros. Brawl forgot Mewtwo.
                        And...
                        Super Smash Bros. Brawl learned Lucario!
                        Reply With Quote
                          #13    
                        Old July 13th, 2007 (1:52 PM).
                        Jorah's Avatar
                        Jorah Jorah is offline
                        What do I put here?
                        • Gold Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2006
                        Location: UK
                        Age: 26
                        Gender: Female
                        Posts: 4,214
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by brocklee View Post
                        I thought Ash wanted to catch em all and to do that he's either gotta somehow catch a wild Raichu or evolve his pikachu. Course that's probably why they don't use gotta catch em all anymore. What do they use?
                        Ash stopped wanting to catch them all sometime in Johto...or at least didn't mention it. He seems to want to make friends with the Pokemon he finds rather than catching them.

                        I came in here because I thought the title was funny. Yeah, Paul is a bully but Pokemon NEEDS more people like Paul to keep things interesting.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #14    
                        Old July 13th, 2007 (7:19 PM).
                        Apathetic_Yen's Avatar
                        Apathetic_Yen Apathetic_Yen is offline
                        very original
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2007
                          Location: What?
                          Age: 27
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Hasty
                          Posts: 1,028
                          wow, what does he really do now then. If he doesn't want to catch them all what is the purpose of the show?
                          __________________
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by MewthreeXL View Post
                          Ash releases strong pokemon and Paul releases weak pokemon.Ash=stupid,Paul=smart.
                          Congratulations! Your Super Smash Bros. Melee has evolved into Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
                          Super Smash Bros. Brawl wants to learn the character Lucario.
                          However, Super Smash Bros. Brawl already knows four pokemon characters.
                          Should a character be deleted and replaced with Lucario?
                          Which character should be forgotten?
                          1,2, and... ... ... Poof!
                          Super Smash Bros. Brawl forgot Mewtwo.
                          And...
                          Super Smash Bros. Brawl learned Lucario!
                          Reply With Quote
                            #15    
                          Old July 13th, 2007 (9:15 PM).
                          SBaby's Avatar
                          SBaby SBaby is offline
                          Dungeon Master
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2004
                            Nature: Calm
                            Posts: 2,006
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
                            I came in here because I thought the title was funny. Yeah, Paul is a bully but Pokemon NEEDS more people like Paul to keep things interesting.
                            Here's hoping Paul doesn't become another Gary clone (getting beaten by a Legendary Pokemon and then mellowing out).

                            Actually, now that I think about it, I'm more concerned about him becoming another Vegeta. Think about it for a second. Go over the whole Anime for a moment. Think of who everyone is... Aren't things starting to point that way? I hope I'm wrong... I really do. Pokemon NEEDS a real villain in the show for once. But I don't know if Nintendo would do that...

                            Why do I suddenly have a really bad feeling about this Generation?
                            __________________
                            If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you will never get it done.

                            - Bruce Lee

                            The worst thing you can do in a business is blame the customer.

                            - Willie 'Jack' Degel
                            Reply With Quote
                              #16    
                            Old July 14th, 2007 (5:41 PM).
                            Charaxes's Avatar
                            Charaxes Charaxes is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2005
                              Location: Pittsburgh, PA
                              Age: 35
                              Gender:
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 3,467
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
                              Here's hoping Paul doesn't become another Gary clone (getting beaten by a Legendary Pokemon and then mellowing out).

                              Actually, now that I think about it, I'm more concerned about him becoming another Vegeta. Think about it for a second. Go over the whole Anime for a moment. Think of who everyone is... Aren't things starting to point that way? I hope I'm wrong... I really do. Pokemon NEEDS a real villain in the show for once. But I don't know if Nintendo would do that...

                              Why do I suddenly have a really bad feeling about this Generation?
                              Nintendo has real villains, but they are as you just said: scared. Or lack of creativity as they'd rather have us get Badges upon Badges than interesting plotlines. Heh. I'm just hoping he doesn't drop out of sight like all the rivals (Shigeru, Shuu, Harley) or the real criminals (Sakaki, Homura/Izumi).
                              Reply With Quote
                                #17    
                              Old July 15th, 2007 (8:21 AM).
                              Double 7's Avatar
                              Double 7 Double 7 is offline
                              Speedy Agent 0007
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2007
                                Location: NY, USA
                                Age: 20
                                Gender:
                                Nature: Brave
                                Posts: 112
                                Originaly posted by Brocklee
                                Quote:
                                I thought Ash wanted to catch em all and to do that he's either gotta somehow catch a wild Raichu or evolve his pikachu. Course that's probably why they don't use gotta catch em all anymore. What do they use?
                                Ash could just catch another pikachu and evolve that one.
                                __________________
                                The Avatar legend goes on within us...
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #18    
                                Old July 15th, 2007 (12:22 PM).
                                SBaby's Avatar
                                SBaby SBaby is offline
                                Dungeon Master
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2004
                                  Nature: Calm
                                  Posts: 2,006
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Dark Charaxes View Post
                                  Nintendo has real villains, but they are as you just said: scared. Or lack of creativity as they'd rather have us get Badges upon Badges than interesting plotlines. Heh. I'm just hoping he doesn't drop out of sight like all the rivals (Shigeru, Shuu, Harley) or the real criminals (Sakaki, Homura/Izumi).
                                  Exactly. They're scared of changing the formula even in the slightest, because they're afraid of getting negative reaction from fans. As has been the case in the past, Nintendo developers and writers don't exactly get treated too kindly by the company if their ideas turn out to be flops (often, they're royally humiliated). So naturally, it's easy to understand.

                                  Still, it would be nice to see something major or groundbreaking happen for once, instead of getting the same static plots day in and day out. Hopefully, Paul is a small step in that direction.
                                  __________________
                                  If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you will never get it done.

                                  - Bruce Lee

                                  The worst thing you can do in a business is blame the customer.

                                  - Willie 'Jack' Degel
                                  Reply With Quote
                                  Reply

                                  Quick Reply

                                  Join the conversation!

                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:51 AM.