ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old July 13th, 2007 (9:05 PM).
ohey
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
.. Duh... uh... don´t get it...
Man, all I want to do is to insert bigger Pokémon - pictures, why is it so complicated ?!?!?!?
OMG, omg, o... *nervous breakedown*
Let me see if I understand. You want to insert pokemon that are bigger than the originals? Sorry, can't be done. Let's take Diamond and Pearl sprites for instance. We cannot insert the bigger sprites into the R/S/FR/LG/E series because they are too large. To do this would take massive amounts of over-hauling the game, which little to no can do. I definetly cannot. Just try making different size pokemon, ok?

Quote:
How do I create objectsin elitemap?
If at all possible, do this with Advanced Map. It's much easier to insert events. Also, Elitemap likes to make a mess of inserted events, it's not worth it in the end.

Quote:
I have a quick question, I read the scripting tutorials, and got most of it down, and made a quick, give pokemon script in wordpad, then copied it on to scriptED, and hit save, I saved it as "RECEIVE EGGON", but anyways, how do I put that script into the game? I'm trying to make it so you actually have 2 pokemon in the beginning for a double battle angainst the main "thugs" in the game, who tend to gang up on weak trainers, which is why you need two pokemon.
That's because after you save your script, you need to compile it. Once your script is created, saved, and tweaked to the way you want it, press compile. A menu will appear, select your rom file. Another message will then appear, select yes, and congratulations your script is now in the game!

Quote:
I keep trying to use BaseEdit and BeWildered for Emerald and every time it says "supported rom, but monster base stats are not specified in database" How do i fix it so i can use the programs for Emerald. Thanks a lot!!
Sorry, but support for Emerald with these programs is non-existant at the moment. Ini files are currently being made, but they are not quite ready yet. To hacking other things, until this problem is resolved, ok?

Quote:
Ok, so I'm having some issues with the movement permissions. I leave the top row of tiles on my buildings (so the character can walk behind it), but he just walks on top of it instead. I've looked at some other maps (like unedited in-game ones), and its looks like I'm doing everything right.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
What roof tiles are you using? Some are not made with this permission in mind; You may have to change the tile.

I hoped this helped you all!
-hiidoran

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 13th, 2007 (10:53 PM).

I'm using the same roof tiles from Littleroot Town. Infact, I just relocated the houses.
    Old July 14th, 2007 (3:31 AM).

Is there any pokemon rom editor/hack that you can add custom pokemons,trainers,badges,trainers etc? And if there is one what's the name?
      Old July 14th, 2007 (8:39 AM). Edited July 14th, 2007 by ssj.
      Kanto Legend

I have already done an search using the tool for this question which is as follows, Is it possible to add new pokemon into Fire Red due to the fact of there being free offsets in the game and if so how can I do this, I have knowlage on how to replace pokemon however I want to add new pokemon and trainers in with out replacing any. Much appreachated

I also have anouther problem with the following script

#org 0x73AA72
        setflag 0xA125
        message 0x73AB90
        boxset 0x2
        #raw 0x5C
        trainerbattle 0x9 0x5 0x0 0x73AD6D 0x7BBFAE
        message 0x7BC253
        boxset 0x2
        applymovement 0x1 0x7BC377
        pause 0x70
        release
        end

#org 0x73AB90
        = Much anger you have

#org 0x73AD6D
        = Well done

#org 0x7BBFAE
        = You have learnt well

#org 0x7BC253
        = It is time I moved on.

#org 0x7BC377
        #binary 13 13 13 13 13 60 1D 1D 1D 1D FE

Thats an script I use to make an trainer dissappear after battle and bascially when I attempt to talk to the trainer nothing happens all I hear is the basic sound you get from pushing the A button and yes I have put the flag number in advance map "A125" can anyone help me.
        Old July 14th, 2007 (9:20 AM).
        you know me, i'm god

Where can i get "telefang" hacking tools than you as the "poke'mon diamond really peaved me off but i love the gae and want to translate properley
          Old July 14th, 2007 (9:25 AM).
          Mewtwo Strikes Back
          • Crystal Tier

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Naoshi View Post
          Sorry for asking again. But anyone else getting this problem? I tried using the program on another computer just today and it gives me the same error. Am I missing a file or something?
          Yes, I think you're missing some files. Below you can find a complete list of the Cyclone's needed files:
          • COMDLG32.OCX
          • MSCOMCTL.OCX
          • MSVBVM60.DLL
          • FM20.DLL
          • olepro32.dll
          Anyway I guess that the error is caused by the FM20.DLL which should be absent or not correctly registered in your computer.
          Before trying anything else, download this file and run it. It's a self-extracting archive which will install the FM20.DLL in your computer. After installed try to open Cyclone again. If you're still getting errors, try to reboot and see if something changes. If not, maybe you need to unregister and then register again all the Cyclone's needed files.

To unregister a file:
          1. Go to "Start", then select "Run..."
          2. In the windows that will appear type "regsvr32 /u " (without quotes). Obviously, the part needs to be replaced with the Cyclone's files like COMDLG32.OCX and so on.

To register a file:
          2. In the windows that will appear type "regsvr32 " (without quotes).

Since I have enough time to spend, I made a little batch file that do all the work for you. Once downloaded the attachment, rename it to "batch.bat" and run it.

Enjoy ;)
          Attached Files
          File Type: txt batch.txt‎ (362 Bytes, 83 views) (Save to Dropbox)
          Old July 14th, 2007 (9:58 AM).
          Is making tools for you...
          • Silver Tier

Nature: Brave
          Hi! I need some help and have looked through these pages but can't seem to find what i need. Basically what i want is the number location of the tilemap in unLZ GBA for Fire Red so that i can edit the town map. Somebody must know it because the map has been edited in RijonAdventures! I have the tileset and Cyclone the editor. Its a bit of a mouthful I know!
          Thanks in advance.
          Old July 14th, 2007 (10:00 AM).

Two questions.....

1: How do I script in Advance Map? If not possible how do I script in elitemap (avoiding run-time error '53' Can't find file)?

2: How do I get rid of "run-time error '13' mismatch" in A-Starter?
            Old July 14th, 2007 (10:11 AM).
            lawl

Quote:
              Originally Posted by - HackMew - View Post
              Yes, I think you're missing some files. Below you can find a complete list of the Cyclone's needed files:
              • COMDLG32.OCX
              • MSCOMCTL.OCX
              • MSVBVM60.DLL
              • FM20.DLL
              • olepro32.dll
              Anyway I guess that the error is caused by the FM20.DLL which should be absent or not correctly registered in your computer.
              Before trying anything else, download this file and run it. It's a self-extracting archive which will install the FM20.DLL in your computer. After installed try to open Cyclone again. If you're still getting errors, try to reboot and see if something changes. If not, maybe you need to unregister and then register again all the Cyclone's needed files.

To unregister a file:
              2. In the windows that will appear type "regsvr32 /u " (without quotes). Obviously, the part needs to be replaced with the Cyclone's files like COMDLG32.OCX and so on.

To register a file:
              2. In the windows that will appear type "regsvr32 " (without quotes).

Since I have enough time to spend, I made a little batch file that do all the work for you. Once downloaded the attachment, rename it to "batch.bat" and run it.

Enjoy
              Thanks a bunch! It works!
              Old July 14th, 2007 (12:00 PM).
              Shiny Scizor

Nature: Adamant
                How do i import sprites in rs ball?
                Old July 14th, 2007 (12:27 PM).
                Mewtwo Strikes Back
                • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                Originally Posted by salmjak View Post
                1: How do I script in Advance Map? If not possible how do I script in elitemap (avoiding run-time error '53' Can't find file)?

2: How do I get rid of "run-time error '13' mismatch" in A-Starter?
                1. You cannot script with AdvanceMap. If you're getting that run-time error you're probably missing some needed files for ScriptEd.
                Also, make sure that the ROM you're hacking is in the same folder where's Elite Map and that has no spaces in its name.

2. First of all, make sure that you have the latest version of the program. You can download it from my thread.
                If the error still appears, please tell me step by step what did you do in order to reproduce the error and eventually fix it.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Naoshi View Post
                Thanks a bunch! It works!
                You're welcome
                Old July 14th, 2007 (12:39 PM). Edited July 14th, 2007 by salmjak.

@HackMew I load a pokemon ruby rom then take some random pokemon and then when I try to save I get the error.

EDIT: I can just try to save and I get the error....

Also always get run-time errors now when I try to change anything....also in elitemap....."run-time error '9'"...
                  Old July 14th, 2007 (12:39 PM).
                  lawl

So far so good with the region map editing. Does anyone know where is the raw data in Fire Red for the tilemap?
                    Old July 14th, 2007 (12:57 PM).
                    Mewtwo Strikes Back
                    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by salmjak View Post
                    I load a pokemon ruby rom then take some random pokemon and then when I try to save I get the error.
                    Ok, I've fixed the bug. You can download again A-Starter. Next time, don't hesitate to post bug reports directly in my thread.
                    Old July 14th, 2007 (2:07 PM).
                    ohey
                    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                    I'm using the same roof tiles from Littleroot Town. Infact, I just relocated the houses.
                    Hmm... Are you sure your using the exact same tiles as previously? Also, are you sure you have the right tiles blocked and the right tiles "walkable"?

Quote:
                    Is there any pokemon rom editor/hack that you can add custom pokemons,trainers,badges,trainers etc? And if there is one what's the name?
                    If you mean without re-writing previous Pokemon, trainers, badges, etc; then no. But if your willing to over-write these things, programs such as: "PokePic" and a good hex editor will aid you in your quest.

Quote:
                    I have already done an search using the tool for this question which is as follows, Is it possible to add new pokemon into Fire Red due to the fact of there being free offsets in the game and if so how can I do this, I have knowlage on how to replace pokemon however I want to add new pokemon and trainers in with out replacing any. Much appreachated

I also have anouther problem with the following script

#org 0x73AA72
                    setflag 0xA125
                    message 0x73AB90
                    boxset 0x2
                    #raw 0x5C
                    trainerbattle 0x9 0x5 0x0 0x73AD6D 0x7BBFAE
                    message 0x7BC253
                    boxset 0x2
                    applymovement 0x1 0x7BC377
                    pause 0x70
                    release
                    end

#org 0x73AB90
                    = Much anger you have

#org 0x73AD6D
                    = Well done

#org 0x7BBFAE
                    = You have learnt well

#org 0x7BC253
                    = It is time I moved on.

#org 0x7BC377
                    #binary 13 13 13 13 13 60 1D 1D 1D 1D FE
                    Sorry, but from what I know there aren’t any free offsets for Pokemon in FR/LG. There are in Ruby/Sapphire, but not there. As for your script, the only thing I can guess without doing a total investigation (which I have to do with many of my own scripts), is that your missing the “check flag” part. Most scripts will not work, in my experience, unless you have a “check flag” option with it as well.

Quote:
                    Where can i get "telefang" hacking tools than you as the "poke'mon diamond really peaved me off but i love the gae and want to translate properley
                    Sorry, but to my knowledge there are no "Telefang" hacking tools. Though I do know of one tool you'll need if your going to translate it: "Search Relative". Some Hex editors (Which you will also need) have this ability built in, others do not. Basically, your going to make a "table file". A conversion sheet of sorts that tells your hex editor what "hex bytes" equal what letters and/or symbols. Good Luck to you.

Quote:
                    How do i import sprites in rs ball?
                    You don't. RS ball is for dumping sprites or dumping pallets for the sprites, to be edited by other programs such as "PokePic".

I hope this helped you all!
                    -Hiidoran
                    Old July 14th, 2007 (2:48 PM).
                    JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator

When I compile a script through ScriptEd (I don't like using PokeScript) and overwrite a gba game to put in the script, it always says the file wasn't found, even though it's really there.
                      Old July 14th, 2007 (6:01 PM).
                      It's been a long time!

How can I index the pkmn sprites to import them into a rom(with UNLZGba) please.

Or can someone get me a DARKRAI sprite ready to import it to a rom please.....
                        Old July 14th, 2007 (8:10 PM).

Figured it out. Apparently, Height 3 (Hex Value 10) is a crappy height. Height 4 (Hex Value 14) works better.
                          Old July 14th, 2007 (11:09 PM).
                          ohey
                          • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                          When I compile a script through ScriptEd (I don't like using PokeScript) and overwrite a gba game to put in the script, it always says the file wasn't found, even though it's really there.
                          Problem's been solved via PM!

Quote:
                          How can I index the pkmn sprites to import them into a rom(with UNLZGba) please.

Or can someone get me a DARKRAI sprite ready to import it to a rom please.....
                          Um...Just make the image smaller. It's much easier that way, trust me.

Quote:
                          Figured it out. Apparently, Height 3 (Hex Value 10) is a crappy height. Height 4 (Hex Value 14) works better.
                          Great! Good Job, sorry I couldn't help you...

Not many questions answered, but hoped it helped!
                          -Hiidoran
                          Old July 15th, 2007 (1:35 AM).

Ehrm...I tried to dump GFX bank with rsball, but when I do that, the program doesnt react. Is this normal? and second question: If you make a patch with unedited maps and patch it on a map-edited ROM, will the maps be still edited?

~Cya, UnitRico

Gogo Pokémon Gale!
                            Old July 15th, 2007 (1:51 AM).
                            Game Designer
                            • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by UnitRico View Post
                            Ehrm...I tried to dump GFX bank with rsball, but when I do that, the program doesnt react. Is this normal? and second question: If you make a patch with unedited maps and patch it on a map-edited ROM, will the maps be still edited?

~Cya, UnitRico
                            IF you use LG than it's normal. RS ball works with Ruby, Saphirre and FR. But not with Emerald or LG.
                            Old July 15th, 2007 (1:56 AM).

"When I compile a script through ScriptEd (I don't like using PokeScript) and overwrite a gba game to put in the script, it always says the file wasn't found, even though it's really there."

Go same problem...
                              Old July 15th, 2007 (1:59 AM).
                              Game Designer
                              • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Lin View Post
                              If this message appears than you have one Error. The name of your .rbc has a space like this:

Pokémon Script.rbc

If you want to make it working it should be this:

PokémonScript.rbc

Don't have a space in the name.
                              Old July 15th, 2007 (2:40 AM).
                              you know me, i'm god

Could someone give me a place to get a good Hex Tutorial, as I'm trying to do a translation project for "Keitai Denjuu Telefang" and is there a possible way to make it so yo can have a choice between Kuriputo and Fangusa?
                                Old July 15th, 2007 (2:53 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by charmander07 View Post
                                  IF you use LG than it's normal. RS ball works with Ruby, Saphirre and FR. But not with Emerald or LG.
                                  >.< i use LG...so ill just ask someone else that can do it, thanks anyway

~Cya, UnitRico

Gogo Pokémon Gale!
                                  Closed Thread

Quick Reply