ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old July 15th, 2007 (5:01 PM).
ohey
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Yeah a insertet, when I try to warp my rom crash I discovered in elitemap for not so long ago that I got the "girl" event there O.o Maybe that's the reason?

Well by the pokemon bag I mean how can I be able to just have the bag, press A-button, choose a pokemon and then I have the pokemon in my team and the bag will be destroyed?
Can you maybe post what scripts I need? (the numbers/letters like "$1A030F")

Haha ok Today I've been forced to start over three times I think X'D

Thanks for the answers
Oh, you probably shouldn't insert maps using Elitemap, It likes to act pretty screwy at times.
Also, as for you "bag" inquiry, it is not possible. The script must stay together sadly, the random battle will occur afterwords... My suggestion for you is to create a new script, one that would say something like, "Look, The Prof.'s Bag! There are three Pokeballs in it!". Then proceed to the real part. "Do you want to take this Pokeball?". You know, basically make a text version of what the bag would do. It would be a tedious script to make, but it could be done.

Quote:
How do I edit the Town Map on Fire red? I know warp scripts are easy, but how can I warp the ferry to my Newly Created Island.

I have another question too.

How do you connect maps together like Cinnibar Island and Pallet.
I would like to know so I can create some new Areas.
Woah, come down! We do have lives outside of PC you know...

1. To edit the map, you'll more than likely need to use Cyclone, It's the best program for it. Just make sure you have the needed files.

2. Those are called "connections" my friend. Advance Map can edit this part of the rom. Elitemap can also, though again, I don't recommend it.

3. You know, everytime I do this It comes out horribly wrong. Sorry, I can't answer this question truthfully...

Quote:
Well, for exactly what I did in ScriptED, I wrote a script to give your character a pokemon in wordpad, copied it into ScriptED, then hit save, and triedhitting "COMPILE" but I can't, the button is wierd, like the other buttons have the black lettering so you can click on it, but the letters on compile are just gray, and it's un-clickable
Wow, I know what your talking about, the grey "un-clickable" letters. But, I do not believe this has ever happened to me before. Sorry, I can not help you.

Hope this helped!
-Hiidoran

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 15th, 2007 (6:32 PM).

Hello I am trying to folloe the tutorial thing the cyclone program, but when I use it with pokemon fire red the tilmap comes up messy and everything out of order. I am trying to edit my town map. can u please explain to me why this is happening.

if you have a tutorial for fire red for it please send it to me.
    Old July 15th, 2007 (6:35 PM).

Nature: Adamant
      Need Help Badly!!!!!! I Wanna Put Some Sprites On Some Tiles On A Map How Do I Do This???
      Old July 15th, 2007 (8:41 PM).

I was just curious. Is there a way to change how a map looks mid-game? Like you enter a town and it looks normal, but later in the game it gets set on fire (for example. I know I'd have to make custom tiles for that). On a smaller scale, is it at least possible to manipulate the weather? I've played through Emerald, and it seems possible.

Also, is it possible to create animated tiles? I know the water tiles are animated. Is there anyway to create, say tiles of a building on fire?
        Old July 15th, 2007 (10:14 PM).
        JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator

I'm having trouble making a Pokeball disappear after I take it. I followed Irish Witch's tutorial on making it disappear, but it didn't work. And I'm using ScriptED, Pokescript confuses me when it comes to compiling
          Old July 15th, 2007 (10:21 PM).
          Trainer

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lin View Post
            I'm having trouble making a Pokeball disappear after I take it. I followed Irish Witch's tutorial on making it disappear, but it didn't work. And I'm using ScriptED, Pokescript confuses me when it comes to compiling
            Well, Of cousre it wont work then.. Irish Witchs Tutorials qre only for her program: PokeScript. So you have to use Chritos Tutorial for ScriptED.
            Old July 15th, 2007 (10:27 PM).
            JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator

Any help on where I can find it? Because I can't...
              Old July 15th, 2007 (11:01 PM).
              Jirachi's number 1 fan

Which one are you looking for? You didn't specify.

WATCH THIS SPACE!
                Old July 15th, 2007 (11:03 PM).
                JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator

Well will you please either tell me where to find them? Or the one that tells you how to make sprites disappear.
                  Old July 15th, 2007 (11:19 PM). Edited July 15th, 2007 by bxela1.
                  Jirachi's number 1 fan

showthread.php?t=79827

I think this is what you were looking for.

Add this to the end of the website. I can't type URLs till I have 15 posts.

EDIT: If you have no luck there, my advice would be to move the poke ball to a place where the player couldn't possibly see it.

WATCH THIS SPACE!
                    Old July 16th, 2007 (12:47 AM).

hey guys just a few questions, i looked at a lot of the pages in this thread but i didnt go through all

1. Is there a way to edit my trainer in the game so he looks like a pokemon? or should i just create a new one that looks like a pokemon

2. Can i make a pokemon follow me round? Or, beating that, a team of pokemon?

thanks
                      Old July 16th, 2007 (12:50 AM).

WITH ELITE MAP--------

Can someone please tell me how to edit my Town map in fire red and then save it and repoint towns and stuff, can u please help me because I am getting very frustrated. all I want to be able to do is edit the town map, and repoint the city locations, and route locations.
                        Old July 16th, 2007 (3:08 AM).
                        m8
                        • Silver Tier

But what are Indexed Sprites? And how do someone index them??? Aren't them pictures like wallpapers and those things?
                        Old July 16th, 2007 (4:12 AM).
                        Jirachi's number 1 fan

Regarding scripting.

When I write the offset, is there a specific rule for choosing it or do I just make one up?

How do I create a new map?

thx in advance.

WATCH THIS SPACE!
                          Old July 16th, 2007 (6:53 AM).

How do I script warps? Like when you just walk from map to map it's using scripts I need that else I can't have PROF BIRCH on my custom maps since using warps to the bag/running prof birch causes image-rom crash
                            Old July 16th, 2007 (8:31 AM).

So I'm starting an Emerald Hack, and I was wondering, is there anyway to eliminate the truck/ moving in scene, and simply have the player start the game in his/her room?
                              Old July 16th, 2007 (8:55 AM).
                              It's been a long time!

i have a question, how can i save a pallette in UNLZGBA?

Because i have a darkrai but i can't save the right pallette
                                Old July 16th, 2007 (9:16 AM).
                                Should've had that name change

Quote:
                                  But what are Indexed Sprites? And how do someone index them??? Aren't them pictures like wallpapers and those things?
                                  Indexed sprites are sprites with a set, 16-color palette. You can index sprites with any advanced image editing program such as Photoshop or Paintshop Pro or you can use Irfanview, which is free to download.
                                  Quote:
                                  Regarding scripting.

When I write the offset, is there a specific rule for choosing it or do I just make one up?

How do I create a new map?

thx in advance.
                                  You have to use an empty offset or else it will mess up the original coding in the game, which might lead to some very unpleasant bugs.
                                  Quote:
                                  How do I script warps? Like when you just walk from map to map it's using scripts I need that else I can't have PROF BIRCH on my custom maps since using warps to the bag/running prof birch causes image-rom crash
                                  Warps can be created using Advancemap. You just have to select the map bank and which warp number you want the warp to lead to.
                                  Quote:
                                  So I'm starting an Emerald Hack, and I was wondering, is there anyway to eliminate the truck/ moving in scene, and simply have the player start the game in his/her room?
                                  There's a tool for that. Look in the Toolbox forum.
                                  Quote:
                                  i have a question, how can i save a pallette in UNLZGBA?

Because i have a darkrai but i can't save the right pallette
                                  It'd be easier to edit the exported image's palette to match Darkrai's.
                                  Old July 16th, 2007 (10:35 AM).

this is my 2nd time posting this because no one answered my question.

WITH ELITE MAP--------

Can someone please tell me how to edit my Town map in fire red and then save it and repoint towns and stuff, can u please help me because I am getting very frustrated. all I want to be able to do is edit the town map, and repoint the city locations, and route locations.

Another Question-----

after I battle each gym leader in fire red in the kanto region. I go to the Pokemon league okay. I beat that. Now I want to make a Jhoto region in fire red. Is there any way to have gyms in the jhoto region in fire red, so i can collect Badges in jhoto.
                                    Old July 16th, 2007 (10:45 AM).
                                    JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by mattheulmcinnis View Post
                                      this is my 2nd time posting this because no one answered my question.

WITH ELITE MAP--------

Another Question-----

after I battle each gym leader in fire red in the kanto region. I go to the Pokemon league okay. I beat that. Now I want to make a Jhoto region in fire red. Is there any way to have gyms in the jhoto region in fire red, so i can collect Badges in jhoto.
                                      For your first question, use Advance Map. And for the other question, yes. You're gonna need to remake the maps, script everything, and do everything else that's in Jhoto. To make maps, open Advance Map and start inserting new maps into folders, and when you need to, make more folders (These are for Jhoto)
                                      Old July 16th, 2007 (10:47 AM). Edited July 16th, 2007 by mattheulmcinnis.
                                      mattheulmcinnis mattheulmcinnis is offline

How do I edit my town map in Advance map because I am confused and I need an explaination on how to do so in Advance map. Maybe you can give me a tutorial.

ANOTHER QUESTION----------

how do i insert a script to make Jhoto Gym Leaders?
                                        Old July 16th, 2007 (10:53 AM).
                                        JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by mattheulmcinnis View Post
                                          How do I edit my town map in Advance map because I am confused and I need an explaination on how to do so in Advance map. Maybe you can give me a tutorial.
                                          Open Advance Map, then open your ROM. Next find your map in the Map File, first folder, then map. I recommend organizing the maps by name to they're easier to find.
                                          Old July 16th, 2007 (11:29 AM).

How do I edit the scene when prof birch explains about pokemons....
                                            Old July 16th, 2007 (11:37 AM).
                                            mattheulmcinnis mattheulmcinnis is offline

I mean the town map that u see the places on, not a town map like pallet town. The town map that gary's sister gives you. Can you please explain how to edit that town map, with elite map?

Another Question----

I know I have to insert scripts and stuff but how do I make scripts for it. How do I know what offsets to use and stuff. How do I make a script for the new Badges?
                                              Old July 16th, 2007 (12:59 PM).

ASked about that already, not possible to make new badges without overwrite other
                                                Closed Thread

Quick Reply