• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

help me with this story plan

what pokemon should i base the story on

• lucario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • charizard

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • mew

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • mewtwo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lugia

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • ho-oh

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • pidgeot

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2007
im thinking of making a fanfic but i dont no wat to base it on
what pokemon should i write about out of:
lucario
lugia
charizard
pidgeot
mewtwo
mew
ho-oh

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Umm...no, just no; you're going about this the wrong way, I'm afraid. When writing a fanfic, you should start with what you want to say/achieve with it then choose your setting, characters (pokémon included), etc. based on what best suits that goal. First decide on the basic shape of your plot, then work your way to the details. Without any idea of what kind of plot you want, there's really no way I - or anyone else for that matter - can give you any helpful advice on this decision.

Also, if these few short lines here are representative of your writing skills then I'd strongly suggest brushing up on your grammar and spelling, because I see both grammatical errors and typos in this short passage already and to be honest I wouldn't care to read a fic written like that. I'd suggest reading the Basic Pokémon Writing FAQ and the Pokémon Fanfiction Guide both are very worthwhile reads that will tell you all you never wanted to know about fanfic writing. :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Without any sort of knowledge of what the story is about, how can we help you pick out a Pokemon to use as a character? Okay, maybe you want someone to say "Write me a story about a Mew!" and you'll write a story about a Mew. But why do you have to wait for someone to tell you what Pokemon to write about?

Alter Ego showed you one way to create a fanfiction: take a message that you want to say and then figure out what character you want to use. There is another way that I find useful, especially when working with Pokemon.

The idea is that you take a Pokemon, let's say...Lucario, because we all like Lucario. Now, if I wanted to, I could write a story about a Lucario that didn't like to fight or something but was forced to because of its family. Bam! You got a story idea of a Lucario that doesn't like to fight, so the message you can convey with your story is to follow your own dreams. It's an idea done many times before, but it shows you what I mean.

Look, just write your story. Write about whatever Pokemon you want to. You'll feel better because it's your story, and not what someone else tells you to write.

Just keep in mind that if you want to post your story, make sure that your grammar and spelling are pretty much top-notch. Look at the two threads Alter Ego linked in his post. They are helpful to writers.

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 24, 2007
Legendary Pokemon and starter Pokemon tend to be over used to death, so I say once you have a strong plot, base it around a Pidgeot if it must be one of those Pokemon.

Back