• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
I'm really excited about what it is (I won't tell). Here's some OW's I did for the starter's evos.
53qfady.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latias418

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2007
Today makes it a year since this topic was started. This looks like it'll be an awesome game, whenever it comes out.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Well, thank you. Thank you all for sticking with the project while it's been going.

But don't just praise me. While I've definitely done my bit and I hope I've done it very well, praise the people who've made this game work - the whole team. Without them, this wouldn't have survived. Without them, this project wouldn't have as much quality as it does. And yes, I'm allowed to be bigheaded about their work because it's what they've done, not me, and I think it's all bloomin' fantastic! :P It's not just the fields that I personally excel in that have come good, it's the entire spectrum of fields that our talented staff, past and present, have been able to cover.

Keep on supporting. Demo two promises to be literally amazing.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
You will probably already have heard this a million times, but this game looks awesome. The Pokémon itself are fabulous. Some of the designs are even better then the original Pokemon, and all of them are very unique.
The story itself is great too, not -only- the usual "get the 8 badges and head for the league and in the mean time deal with the bad guys", but a story that is deeper. I like the idea.

And congratulations on one year working on Pokemon Acantithe. =D

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
It's more like 2 years, actually :D This was just a revival thread ^^

But thank you very much. Everyone's been incredibly supportive.

And yes, well done Speedy Sonic :) this error was corrected previously but you're the first apart from Basky to notice it!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Oh, well then congratulations on 2 years work. =D
It's incredible that you and your team are still working on it. =O
I'm watching this thread, I wanna see how things work out. =3

Jaxsem

Owner of PokémonXP.com
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Making a hack is easier? You have engine constraints when developing a hack, not to mention limitations on how much free space is in the involved ROM file. Also, you can't really add in anything truly custom into a hack unless you know a fair amount of ASM.

Case in point: this project is more easily completed in RPG Maker XP than in hack form.

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2011
This game is awesome, however there are good and bad points (for me).

Yay! for:
-The Story: Really great! As MudkipBlader said:
The story itself is great too, not -only- the usual "get the 8 badges and head for the league and in the mean time deal with the bad guys", but a story that is deeper.
-The Pokemon: Really nice drawings. I like Mawtress and Absi. NOTE: ABSI IS THE COOLEST AND CUTEST!

Boo! for:
-Virus- and Light-Types: I just don't really like the idea. I feel you are spoiling the game(no offense)

-Graphics: Graphics are too much pixelized. I guess it can't be helped though, since most of the screenies you guys posted are from the advance gen games. However, work on smoothing graphics.

Guys, I would like ask for your permission to let me use your graphics(on 1st post) as my avatar. Can I?

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Alright, introducing new types is always bound to divide opinion. Personally, I feel it freshens things and allows for a little more creativity, and I also really wanted an angel and devil based pair of legendaries to reflect the fact that this game is, on many levels, about the choice you have between good and evil. I'm sorry you dislike it. Fortunately, the way they integrate into the game doesn't intrude too much :)

If we keep the Pokémon graphics style, I'm afraid there's not much we can do about smoothing the graphics - everything in this game has to be double its normal size due to the way RMXP works. It's ok, it's just like playing a real Pokémon game at 200% magnification.

Feel free to use our graphics in avatars, sigs and such - you don't have to but it would be even nicer if you could link to us if you did - spread the word of Acanthite ;)

---

I'm pleased to say that the demo is working wonderfully so far. I will note that there is no PC function yet, so any Pokémon you capture after your 6th aren't available to you, although I might introduce a temporary function so you can erase the last Pokémon in your party. However, given the amount of stuff we DO have in place, this is a small sacrifice - the fact we have the working mechanics of a battle system is a minor miracle in itself, let alone the Pokédex, items (with working Pokéballs), marts, realtime for night and day, defined wild encounters that vary between morning, day and night, a plethora of programmed Pokémon, trainers, and a very flashy new introduction. The story flow and events are working great too.

The little details are there too - there's a small window which pops up to tell you when you're in a new route, a new message system with the "typewriter effect", you can nickname and evolve your Pokémon, Gender, EVs and IVs are 100% present... the list goes on. Oh, we have a decent soundtrack too and some incredible new sprites from KangasKid and 23745.

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2011
@fangking omega
don't worry too much. as long as this game is alive and still going on, it doesn't matter. graphics are juz that. i've experienced programming too (on the Warcraft III World Editor that is). juz wanna tell you that it is sumthing u must work on. anyways, congrats on ur 2 years of this game and i await its release.

I'm going to borrow ABSI's pic and color it a little. if u want u can color it urself so that u wont say a stole it and edited it.

tnx!

Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 11, 2023
If we keep the Pokémon graphics style, I'm afraid there's not much we can do about smoothing the graphics - everything in this game has to be double its normal size due to the way RMXP works. It's ok, it's just like playing a real Pokémon game at 200% magnification.

alx_masher, try READING Fang's posts ;)

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Nice, nice, its looking great Fangking. I cant wait to learn about the new areas that you said WERENT the Sevii Islands XD

Critiques, bleh, everyone wants them now, well guess what, you dont get them o.o; I really have nothing I dont like about this so far, so keep it up ;-)

Revolution

Da Bestest Pokemon Master
Years
I remember the first time I saw this game a long time ago when i first started i was like WOW, and here it is still in progress. As i can tell a lot of you guys who work on the game put a lot of effort in the game and I hope you guys wont quite.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
I remember the first time I saw this game a long time ago when i first started i was like WOW, and here it is still in progress. As i can tell a lot of you guys who work on the game put a lot of effort in the game and I hope you guys wont quite.

We're way to far in to give up. We're get closer and closer to being done each day.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Pyro here!

About the whole graphics issue, I've said some of the same things to Fang also, but like he said, it can't be helped. But when I play GBA roms I usually play in 2x so I'm used to it. The only reason it feels different to me is because I'm an RMXP Developer, so for some reason it just feels different to me, maybe its just the thought of it being made in RMXP?

Perhaps filters can be a thing to look at in the near future for this game? Like 2xSaI. Ya know, for those people who think it looks to...Pixelated :P Though if it were possible with RMXP it may be laggy or cause slowdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back