Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Which region would you rather see in Pokemon Legends?
Hoenn 6 19.35%
Sinnoh 25 80.65%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #251    
Old August 8th, 2007 (12:44 AM).
Gabri's Avatar
Gabri Gabri is offline
m8
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Portugal
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,622
I liked the maps.
If you want a spriter, just PM me.

Relevant Advertising!

  #252    
Old August 8th, 2007 (10:06 PM).
SerenadeDS's Avatar
SerenadeDS SerenadeDS is offline
Trainer
     
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Posts: 283
    Yay! Beta 2.5! *Woot* Im going to play it here in alittle bit. Great Job so far Scompi! I had a question.. Will there be any Sinnoh Pokes? I will still love it if there aren't, but I was wondering if you would..

    Great Job so far, and Good Luck with the rest!
      #253    
    Old August 8th, 2007 (11:52 PM).
    zel 2.0's Avatar
    zel 2.0 zel 2.0 is offline
    Gold Remaker
       
      Join Date: Jun 2006
      Location: Argentina
      Age: 30
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 1,958
      Finally managed to start playing some hacks, and Legends 2.5 was one of them. It was preety good because it's already a long hack (with many travels to different zones. I just wonder what are the plans for Sinnoh)

      Well, a few things:

      If you put some tiles as borders, and when you are making the map you use different tiles that reach those borders, then you'll get that "Trees are out of place" kind of problems. You have to remember that the hero always looks seven tiles ahead for the sides and five tiles ahead for up and down. So, expand your maps so we cannot notice when those problems occur (or, make it so that you always use one kind of tile to "blend" with the border tiles)... Argh, quite complicated what I'm trying to say

      I have taken a screenshot of the "guy who wants to be God", it's not a problem of patching, it's just that for some reason, the guy shows up at that place, even when you placed them somewhere else in Advance Map (it's a common problem, you can fix that by using the Hidden atribute, or if you want assigning an already used flag for them)


      Then, I have spotted a few scripts errors (not that many, though), the left Rocket blocking the north exit at Cyan City (makes a pokemon cry), the lady outside Cianwood's Gym (seems to want to say something, but then just gives the HM), and a similar problem with Agatha (basically, truncated messages)

      Lastly, I think you did a mistake when checking the flag after defeating the Rockets at the Weather Institute, because I haven't beaten the Rockets there and everyone thinks I already did...


      Keep it up scompi, you are doing great (and I repeat, I wonder what are your plans for Sinnoh, because so far I didn't recognize a bit of it)
      __________________


        #254    
      Old August 9th, 2007 (1:01 AM).
      dirk123's Avatar
      dirk123 dirk123 is offline
      Organization XIII
         
        Join Date: Apr 2007
        Location: The Hague
        Age: 30
        Gender:
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 329
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by zel View Post
        Finally managed to start playing some hacks, and Legends 2.5 was one of them. It was preety good because it's already a long hack (with many travels to different zones. I just wonder what are the plans for Sinnoh)

        Well, a few things:

        If you put some tiles as borders, and when you are making the map you use different tiles that reach those borders, then you'll get that "Trees are out of place" kind of problems. You have to remember that the hero always looks seven tiles ahead for the sides and five tiles ahead for up and down. So, expand your maps so we cannot notice when those problems occur (or, make it so that you always use one kind of tile to "blend" with the border tiles)... Argh, quite complicated what I'm trying to say

        I have taken a screenshot of the "guy who wants to be God", it's not a problem of patching, it's just that for some reason, the guy shows up at that place, even when you placed them somewhere else in Advance Map (it's a common problem, you can fix that by using the Hidden atribute, or if you want assigning an already used flag for them)


        Then, I have spotted a few scripts errors (not that many, though), the left Rocket blocking the north exit at Cyan City (makes a pokemon cry), the lady outside Cianwood's Gym (seems to want to say something, but then just gives the HM), and a similar problem with Agatha (basically, truncated messages)

        Lastly, I think you did a mistake when checking the flag after defeating the Rockets at the Weather Institute, because I haven't beaten the Rockets there and everyone thinks I already did...


        Keep it up scompi, you are doing great (and I repeat, I wonder what are your plans for Sinnoh, because so far I didn't recognize a bit of it)
        I mentioned them to Scompi while Beta testing.(most things are text that needs editing)
        He said he would fix them in the next beta.
        __________________
        Hacks that I support inside spoiler
        Spoiler:




        Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4621504&postcount=2305
        Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4742432&postcount=2735
          #255    
        Old August 9th, 2007 (6:02 AM).
        Scompi
        Guest
           
          Posts: n/a
          Thanks everyone and its great to hear that a lot of people are starting to play it now. Those bugs everyone's mentioned, they will be fixed in the next BETA, as stated by Dirk123. But for now, they will be put on the Bugs list.

          As for Sinnoh's future(in Pokemon Legends), as asked by many people, I doubt that any more of Sinnoh will be making an appearance. Since it will be hard to make it flow nicely in the story. And another reason why Sinnoh isn't in, and its a very BIG reason, because Sinnoh wasn't even developed yet, it was just discovered(in Pokemon Legends). And the part of Sinnoh you do get to travel to is in fact, Spear Pilar, in it's earlier ages.

          BTW Pokemon Legends takes place after R/S/E and right before D/P, perhaps a prequel to D/P and an idea of how Sinnoh was made.

          Thanks, Scompi.
            #256    
          Old August 9th, 2007 (6:07 AM).
          XD003's Avatar
          XD003 XD003 is offline
          The Silver Rose of Chaos
             
            Join Date: Feb 2006
            Location: I call it hell, but some people call it Florida.
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 120
            I knew it was spear pillar... and
            How sinnoh was made.... wtf does that mean
            __________________
            Pokemon Hacking Projects:
            Yitria: Redux - Indefinite Hiatus (Reason: Unrecognizable errors after making the first map.)
            Troditiran: Redux - Indefinite Hiatus (Reason: Abandoned hacking for reason stated above)

            RPG Maker Projects:
            Pokemon Yitria: Redux - In Progress (Taking a break)
            Pokemon Inferno Red - In Progress (Taking a break)
            Pokemon Troditiran: Redux - Not Started Yet
            Pokemon Boundless World - Not Started Yet
            Pokemon Endless Crimson - Not Started Yet (I don't even remember what this was ._.)
            Pokemon XD² - Shadows of a Former Chaos - In Progress
            Pokemon Fragmented Red - On Hold
              #257    
            Old August 9th, 2007 (7:26 AM). Edited August 9th, 2007 by Scompi.
            Scompi
            Guest
               
              Posts: n/a
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by XD003 View Post
              I knew it was spear pillar... and
              How sinnoh was made.... wtf does that mean
              What does it mean? It probably means how Sinnoh was developed, found, formed. It could mean a lot of things.

              BTW, new banner. I made this one. Please put this one, or the other two in the first post, in your sig if you support Pokemon Legends. Thanks.



              Thanks, Scompi.
                #258    
              Old August 9th, 2007 (8:13 AM). Edited August 9th, 2007 by ~*SerenadeDS*~.
              SerenadeDS's Avatar
              SerenadeDS SerenadeDS is offline
              Trainer
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2007
                Posts: 283
                Ah! So are you going to put parts of Hoenn or Kanto for some other areas?
                  #259    
                Old August 10th, 2007 (9:21 AM).
                Scompi
                Guest
                   
                  Posts: n/a
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SerenadeDS View Post
                  Ah! So are you going to put parts of Hoenn or Kanto for some other areas?
                  Hoenn, I highly doubt. Kanto, could, I can't say right now. Hoenn, actually could...Since someone, or some people(other than Brendan), will be in the game.

                  BIG HINT, you could call it a spoiler. I guess:

                  Spoiler:
                  Everyone thinks Team Rocket's causing the bad weather, but they haven't mentioned anything about it right? And since people are being quiet about accusing Team Rocket, they don't even know that they're being accused. So, Team Rocket might not be behind the weather changes after all, but only they're usual "capture all pokemon...", ideas. They might just turn to help you in the near future. You can't capture all the pokemon in the world if they are dead(because of weather disasters), right? So who else could be behind these horrible weather disasters?


                  And thats about it...Whew. Getting interesting?

                  Thanks, Scompi.
                    #260    
                  Old August 10th, 2007 (9:39 AM).
                  SerenadeDS's Avatar
                  SerenadeDS SerenadeDS is offline
                  Trainer
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2007
                    Posts: 283
                    Wowz! Your really going out there with your Story! I like! Good Luck on whatever your doing now. This just keeps getting better...
                      #261    
                    Old August 10th, 2007 (9:55 AM).
                    jon1992 jon1992 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2007
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 15
                      hey any luck with the bug fixing u when u think there will be anothe beta
                        #262    
                      Old August 10th, 2007 (12:25 PM). Edited August 10th, 2007 by Scompi.
                      Scompi
                      Guest
                         
                        Posts: n/a
                        Thanks, SerenadeDS.

                        Another BETA? I wouldn't release another BETA due to very minor bugs. But, if they were bugs that couldn't let you pass and continue the game, then I would have to. But, thanks for showing interest.

                        Anyways, I'd like to hear everyones suggestions, since you guys will be playing the game. I want to hear any idea's, like where you want to travel to, who you want to see or battle, or even improvements in cities/towns and/or routes. As I've said many, many times before, if one person posts an idea, it may trigger another idea in someone elses head, or mine, that can lead to another great idea. So post suggestions, the first thing that pops into your head!

                        Thanks, Scompi.
                          #263    
                        Old August 10th, 2007 (12:56 PM).
                        dirk123's Avatar
                        dirk123 dirk123 is offline
                        Organization XIII
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2007
                          Location: The Hague
                          Age: 30
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Lonely
                          Posts: 329
                          An Elite 4 with Red(Champion), Gold, Brandon, May and the FR/LG girl(or Crystal) would be hell fun. Since this is AFTER the G/S/C/R/S events. And all of them have become E4 Champions in their respective games.

                          Maybe Silver & Green(Gary) as potential last 2 gym leaders.
                          __________________
                          Hacks that I support inside spoiler
                          Spoiler:




                          Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4621504&postcount=2305
                          Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4742432&postcount=2735
                            #264    
                          Old August 10th, 2007 (1:25 PM).
                          BrainDamage's Avatar
                          BrainDamage BrainDamage is offline
                          Vinyl Jockey
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2007
                            Location: Texas, USA
                            Age: 27
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 431
                            what i think would be awesome, would be different starters, just to mix things up a bit. like make the starters: beldum, larvitar, and bagon/Dratini
                            __________________


                              #265    
                            Old August 10th, 2007 (1:34 PM).
                            Scompi
                            Guest
                               
                              Posts: n/a
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
                              An Elite 4 with Red(Champion), Gold, Brandon, May and the FR/LG girl(or Crystal) would be hell fun. Since this is AFTER the G/S/C/R/S events. And all of them have become E4 Champions in their respective games.

                              Maybe Silver & Green(Gary) as potential last 2 gym leaders.
                              That's a great idea. But, won't Red's Pokemon be too strong? Because in G/S/C he had like lv.80 pokemon.

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Naos View Post
                              what i think would be awesome, would be different starters, just to mix things up a bit. like make the starters: beldum, larvitar, and bagon/Dratini
                              Well, thats a good point. But(again), you get the national dex after you beat Cianwood Gym. And you only start to meet Johto Pokemon after you get to Johto. So, it wouldn't work out.

                              Thanks, Scompi.
                                #266    
                              Old August 10th, 2007 (1:49 PM).
                              Erimgard's Avatar
                              Erimgard Erimgard is offline
                              Rocket's Revenge
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2007
                                Location: Cerulean Cave
                                Age: 26
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Posts: 1,092
                                well they wouldn't necessarily have to be the proper levels, but just the concept is pretty cool
                                __________________
                                Proud supporter of Second Gen Hacking




                                Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
                                  #267    
                                Old August 10th, 2007 (2:13 PM).
                                Scompi
                                Guest
                                   
                                  Posts: n/a
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Erimgard View Post
                                  well they wouldn't necessarily have to be the proper levels, but just the concept is pretty cool
                                  Yeah, I agree. I was thinking that because I did it with Jasmine, I lowered her Steelix to lv.28. Thats a cool idea, I'll see what I can do.

                                  Thanks, Scompi.
                                    #268    
                                  Old August 10th, 2007 (5:39 PM).
                                  jon1992 jon1992 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2007
                                    Gender:
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 15
                                    hey wat if u add an event that when u see brendan at the spear pillar u battle him and if u win he gives u a starter pokemon or watever u pokemon u choose
                                      #269    
                                    Old August 10th, 2007 (7:37 PM).
                                    KyGon's Avatar
                                    KyGon KyGon is offline
                                    Master Charizard Trainer
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2007
                                      Location: Livermore CA
                                      Age: 23
                                      Gender:
                                      Nature: Docile
                                      Posts: 31
                                      or just make some starters appear very rarely in the wild.
                                      __________________
                                      This signature has been disabled.
                                      132 pixels too tall.
                                      Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                      You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                      Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                        #270    
                                      Old August 10th, 2007 (9:45 PM).
                                      Scompi
                                      Guest
                                         
                                        Posts: n/a
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by jon1992 View Post
                                        hey wat if u add an event that when u see brendan at the spear pillar u battle him and if u win he gives u a starter pokemon or watever u pokemon u choose
                                        Very good idea. You will most likely get to battle Brendan, but not at Spear Pillar. Maybe later on in the game.

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by KyGon View Post
                                        or just make some starters appear very rarely in the wild.
                                        Also a good idea. But which starters are you talking about? All of them?

                                        Thanks, Scompi.
                                          #271    
                                        Old August 10th, 2007 (10:30 PM).
                                        SerenadeDS's Avatar
                                        SerenadeDS SerenadeDS is offline
                                        Trainer
                                           
                                          Join Date: Feb 2007
                                          Posts: 283
                                          Not to put words in KyGon's mouth, but I think he means to do something like what Zel's doing with Shiny Gold. Which is putting the starters thoughout that game. Now that would be awsome!

                                          But whatever you do I will still be a supporter!
                                            #272    
                                          Old August 11th, 2007 (4:59 AM).
                                          furbie22's Avatar
                                          furbie22 furbie22 is offline
                                          Pokemon Master
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jun 2007
                                            Gender:
                                            Nature: Adamant
                                            Posts: 9
                                            Found a bug. if you have just walked up the stairs to the next town and you go up the game restarts. or is that just me
                                            otherwise great hack
                                              #273    
                                            Old August 11th, 2007 (5:01 AM).
                                            furbie22's Avatar
                                            furbie22 furbie22 is offline
                                            Pokemon Master
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jun 2007
                                              Gender:
                                              Nature: Adamant
                                              Posts: 9
                                              another if you click on the snes a load of mad dialoge appears
                                                #274    
                                              Old August 11th, 2007 (5:03 AM).
                                              dirk123's Avatar
                                              dirk123 dirk123 is offline
                                              Organization XIII
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Apr 2007
                                                Location: The Hague
                                                Age: 30
                                                Gender:
                                                Nature: Lonely
                                                Posts: 329
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by furbie22 View Post
                                                Found a bug. if you have just walked up the stairs to the next town and you go up the game restarts. or is that just me
                                                otherwise great hack
                                                Thats just you, did you pach it correctly and on a clean rom?
                                                __________________
                                                Hacks that I support inside spoiler
                                                Spoiler:




                                                Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4621504&postcount=2305
                                                Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4742432&postcount=2735
                                                  #275    
                                                Old August 11th, 2007 (5:07 AM). Edited August 12th, 2007 by Sylphiel.
                                                furbie22's Avatar
                                                furbie22 furbie22 is offline
                                                Pokemon Master
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jun 2007
                                                  Gender:
                                                  Nature: Adamant
                                                  Posts: 9
                                                  wow im findin a lot of bugs. if you stand under the sign with the little girl reading it the top of your head disappears

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
                                                  Thats just you, did you pach it correctly and on a clean rom?
                                                  i think so ill try it again

                                                  tried it on a new firered rom i downloaded.
                                                  The Snes bug is still there. Now yew says the same gibberish in his lab.
                                                  The outside world and the bag are really screwed up and if you go in your house you go in through a wall.
                                                  finally Sunset peninsula seems to have a solid waall above it cos i can't get through
                                                  i don't want to sound like im complaining its just i thought you ought to know all problems.
                                                  (p.s its not the Rom it happens on two seperate roms from different sites)
                                                  Closed Thread
                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:58 PM.