• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Innocence said:
Umm, that IS the pointer calculator I used...

Well I'm not an experienced scripter, because I can't find the text pointers, which is where the rest of the script should be, but I'm using a document that someone, I can't remember who, posted awhile back in simple questions. I'll post it again for convenience.

I just looked at Hack-O-Matic, try first clicking left and then click right, maybe that will show your pointer, if not try to make sure your pointer is in between 4000 and 7FFF.

cooley said:
My Question: If Scripting in Gold starts off with "4C" Then What About commands, how do you write them with Hex.
Thanks.

"4C" is for the script codes(text).
"5C" is to battle(Pokemon)
"5B" is to battle(Trainers)
"68" is the movement code(Person/Sprite).

Last edited:

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
Um, I am having problems with compiling. I have downloaded:
ScriptEd, But when i compile, it gives me this message:
Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted.
Poke Script: When i load a rom in Bufrite it freezes

Diamond Cutter: it says that the file i am using is not found.

Please can someone tell me what to do, I am very confused.

TheKingofKings

LOOKING FOR HELP, PM ME
Years
hey guys..
i am using advance map and well you no where yuo can pik the pokemon u wanna find in the wild, well mine only goes to jirachi, and i was wondering how do you add diamond and pearl pokemon??

Thanks heaps..

Years
hey guys..
i am using advance map and well you no where yuo can pik the pokemon u wanna find in the wild, well mine only goes to jirachi, and i was wondering how do you add diamond and pearl pokemon??

Thanks heaps..

Do you mean, all it shows is jirachi, or is it a full list. Oh and to add D/P pokemon, D/P pokemon aren't inbuilt into a FR rom so they can't be placed in with advance map unless you, Use the extra 20/25 places or replace existing Kanto/Johto/Hoenn pokemon with DP pokemon.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
Years
I just looked at Hack-O-Matic, try first clicking left and then click right, maybe that will show your pointer, if not try to make sure your pointer is in between 4000 and 7FFF.

"4C" is for the script codes(text).
"5C" is to battle(Pokemon)
"5B" is to battle(Trainers)
"68" is the movement code(Person/Sprite).

Alright, the point is, I HAVE the pointer, okay? It just won't show anything up when I search.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Do you mean, all it shows is jirachi, or is it a full list. Oh and to add D/P pokemon, D/P pokemon aren't inbuilt into a FR rom so they can't be placed in with advance map unless you, Use the extra 20/25 places or replace existing Kanto/Johto/Hoenn pokemon with DP pokemon.

And how do we add DP Pokemon? Including stats and move lists.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
And how do we add DP Pokemon? Including stats and move lists.

1) Goto the Tutorials Section and look for the tutorial on replacing Pokemon Pics using UnLz (or whatever..?)
2) Download PokeAmp or Elite Map (< EM contains BaseEditor)
3) Using either BaseEditor or PokeAmp yo are able to change Pokemon stats/evolutions and whatnot
4) To change Moves you must use PAttED which is found in Elite Map also.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
So where do I place the Diamond/Pearl sprites with UNLZ GBA without replacing any existing Pokemon? There is 25 or so free spots isn't there? What are the numbers in it for the 25 spots?

Years
So where do I place the Diamond/Pearl sprites with UNLZ GBA without replacing any existing Pokemon? There is 25 or so free spots isn't there? What are the numbers in it for the 25 spots?
You mean big, pixel-like "??"? I only know that in PokePic they are placed between Celebi and Treecko, from number 252 to 276. In unLZ they should be also after Celebi.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
is there a way to change the name of a pokemon without the use use of a hexeditor such as changin Charmander to Karzuca

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
You mean big, pixel-like "??"? I only know that in PokePic they are placed between Celebi and Treecko, from number 252 to 276. In unLZ they should be also after Celebi.

Thank you so much. You have been friended. =P

EDIT: There's just one problem. I can only see 2 Double question marks between Celebi and Treecko. Where are the others that I can replace with more Pokemon?

EDIT2: Also when I try to change the attacks of the 25 spare slots they only have on attack and that's Tackle. How can I give them more attacks?

Last edited:
Years
Thank you so much. You have been friended. =P

EDIT: There's just one problem. I can only see 2 Double question marks between Celebi and Treecko. Where are the others that I can replace with more Pokemon?

EDIT2: Also when I try to change the attacks of the 25 spare slots they only have on attack and that's Tackle. How can I give them more attacks?
I haven't chcecked it, that's a surprise. If you won't find them in unLZ, use PokePic. IMO It's the last "emergency" way.
To add more attacks, try Pokemon Amplifier 2006 (search for it on scizz's tools site, it should be there).

BOH

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2013
why when i change magnemite with pokepic, in the rom appear with a gray background?

i have controlled the background color of my sprite and is the same of normal magnemite

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Could someone give me a link for pokescript and also links for pokescript tutorials!!!!!!

(I already searched on google)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back