• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any any1 describe Paul's/Shinji Nature/personality?

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
I hope Chimchar destroys Paul.

I miss Gary :(

I have a feeling that chimchar would come back to paul.(I know it's stupid, but think about it.) It just wanted pauls approval, he may want his chimchar back, and chimchar may be one of the only ones to make paul a nicer guy!

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
That... is just stupid. Think of Paul as an abusive parent, as that is as accurate a description of his relationship to his Pokes as any. Consider you were in Chimchar's place, and that you were abused and abandoned. Why the HELL would you want to go back to that? And why would you go back to someone who threw you on the streets for being weak?

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
That... is just stupid. Think of Paul as an abusive parent, as that is as accurate a description of his relationship to his Pokes as any. Consider you were in Chimchar's place, and that you were abused and abandoned. Why the HELL would you want to go back to that? And why would you go back to someone who threw you on the streets for being weak?

Of course, didn't you see the way chimchar looked at paul? Those puppy dog eyes, shows that it wants approval, he'd probably show that same attitude to ash every time he loses a battle, but I have a feeling that he'll come back, and chimchar may play a significant role in paul's life, he could make paul nice.Despite the abuse, Chimchar is still showing paul affection. Maybe chimchar has figured out why pauls so mean.

Abusive parent, don't you ask yourself why he's that way, What's his past life, was he teased for having a weak pokemon or something.He may be the key of making paul a nice kid again.

MsBroccoli

MsBroccoli
Years
I don't like Paul, but he's a pretty good character for the show. I'm just tired of Ash and Brock, they're both annoying. lol

Of course, didn't you see the way chimchar looked at paul? Those puppy dog eyes, shows that it wants approval, he'd probably show that same attitude to ash every time he loses a battle, but I have a feeling that he'll come back, and chimchar may play a significant role in paul's life, he could make paul nice.Despite the abuse, Chimchar is still showing paul affection. Maybe chimchar has figured out why pauls so mean.

Abusive parent, don't you ask yourself why he's that way, What's his past life, was he teased for having a weak pokemon or something.He may be the key of making paul a nice kid again.

That's a good point, despite the fact that Paul put down Chimchar a lot, Chimchar still had strong feelings for Paul. Usually children of abusive parents always try to make themselves look good or worthy in the eyes of their parents, it's pretty common.

Last edited:

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
I don't like Paul, but he's a pretty good character for the show. I'm just tired of Ash and Brock, they're both annoying. lol

That's a good point, despite the fact that Paul put down Chimchar a lot, Chimchar still had strong feelings for Paul. Usually children of abusive parents always try to make themselves look good or worthy in the eyes of their parents, it's pretty common.

Thanks, I really didnt think anyone would agree with me.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
Nice? This is Pokemon we're talking about, Blue. 'Character Development' is an alien concept to the writers.
yelwacko.gif

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
Years
I can apply paul to a new theises I'm working on for n00bs
he is a n00b
if its hard to catch then it must be powerful
which is why i think noobs use ubers,
he is also
arragoant
a jerky peace of jerky :)
the list goes on

I hate Ash, and pretty much most of the characters in the show. But mostly Ash. Ash is way too overconfident, and it really helps that he loses like, what, three times a season? Brock is attracted to anything with... well, you get it. Misty... she was annoying in the first season, but I didn't know they were going to make even worse female characters. May is an overdeveloped(for a ten year old) b*tch, who wants to do contests instead of battling, when the whole point of the show is to watch Ash do his Pokemon Master crap. Dawn is the new May, but with a pink miniskirt and even worse messed up hair. So I think Paul is the best character compared to the rest. I don't say Paul's actions are the best on the show. In fact, it's the company's fault. They always have to make the rival character all gaytarded, and have Ash look like the "1337 haxx0r," if you will. So, that's the end of my rant.

now doeesn't that sound like the average n00b, I don't wantt magikarp because it sucks, but when evovled gyarados is one of the dtrongest pokes

Magikarp owns, Gyarados sucks imo. Magikarp, use Hyper beam! Dragonzilla dies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
Character Development-
The change in characterization of a dynamic character, who changes over the course of a narrative.

Basically, characters changing over the course of the show, something Pokemon has barely done at all. Much of the cast has kept the same personality as when we first met them. The only character who's shown some amount of change is Ash, and even that's marginal at best. He's still a hopeless idiot, and has scarcely matured at all since the second season. Expecting a minor character like Paul to grow is a lost cause.

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
Character Development-
The change in characterization of a dynamic character, who changes over the course of a narrative.

Basically, characters changing over the course of the show, something Pokemon has barely done at all. Much of the cast has kept the same personality as when we first met them. The only character who's shown some amount of change is Ash, and even that's marginal at best. He's still a hopeless idiot, and has scarcely matured at all since the second season. Expecting a minor character like Paul to grow is a lost cause.

You forgot about Gary, whom ash became friends with after the johto league.

Charizard, who never listened to ash at all changed over time.

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
Character Development-

This'll apply to all anime and stories, pokemon is no exception, chimchar will definitely make paul nicer.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Character Development-

May got a bit of character development, she used to be terrible in the beginning and hated Pokemon, but then got pretty good. But they didn't let her win a Grand Festival so...

Contests seem pretty much as important to the anime's plot as gym battles now. Actually, in Battle Frontier I looked forward to the contest battles more than the gym battles

Rofl, I saw that. Also, Gary is another rival character they made seem bad to the audience watching it. They made him all arrogant and snobby. They also screwed up Drew, but that's in the contest part of the show, which is less important to me.

Gary/Blue was arrogant and snobby in the games, that's why. Meh rivals never seem as good if the other character is their friend. Like Dawn's rivals are just boring. I always liked it that not everyone likes Ash and this his rivals hate/hated him. That's just me though.

Back