• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Prof. 9 said:
Could someone please explain how to set a level script in a map with AdvanceMap/hex?

Thanks in advance =D

(note: I used the search function, but "level" and "script" give way too many results =/)

Foofatron created a tutorial for this...but I won't forum link to it, if you want it I'll give you the link in a PM.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
Hi,
i've changed the pallette of a tileset.
And i know when you export it with am
you have to use the eyedropper to make the colours work.
But some colours that i want to use are not in the tileset.
I tried to put in the rgb and stuff,
but nothing works!

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
Whell when you need to use eyedropper,
you have to have the new colours.
But that colours aren't in when i exported it with am.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Could someone please explain how to set a level script in a map with AdvanceMap/hex?

Thanks in advance =D

(note: I used the search function, but "level" and "script" give way too many results =/)
Here I saved you the time:
Spoiler:

Even though this isn't all of it...xD

@Cronos: So when you exported a map with A-map, then opened it in Paint the colors weren't the same?

Years
Spoiler:

Riiiiight... I don't understand that at all =/ did you just Babelfish the link HackMew posted?

EDIT:
@ HackMew: yes, Spanish is a problem xD
I understand the first pic, but that's all =/

Last edited:

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
Spoiler:

@Cronos: So when you exported a map with A-map, then opened it in Paint the colors weren't the same?

Lol, uhm yes, so you have the image you want to paste in the colours you made the palette of. So the rgb values are just of with one or to, but when you import it in am it gets messed up. So you have to use eyedropper tool (in paint) to make the colours right. But some 'right' colours aren't in there.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Why do you need to use RGB? unless you were using A-color. but if the colors weren't the
same then You should open the tileset in paint, then paste the tile on the side of it, then make the tile the same color by using the eyedropper tool. Next you paste the tile over another tile, then save and import back.

If you could show me with a picture....

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
All you have to do is click the eyedropper tool, then click on a color. now you would fill a different color with the one that you used Eyedropper for. Some colors look alike and they are hard to find, but A-map, will put the color that doesn't belong in Green.

Years
Ok, I've given up on trying to do a hack of the earlier gen games. (though I do appreciate Celebi_XD for trying to help with that) I'm hoping on making a small hack of any one of the GBA games, just to get me into it. But, see I am absolutely and totally lost. I've been spending hours in fromt of the computer at nights looking for tutorials that are confusing and unclear, I'm met with broken links for tools (eg. pokescript), errors, and I just generally feel swamped.

Is there anyone who might be willing to tutor me? I know its a lot to ask but I would be forever greatful, and to be truthful, I am desperate. And if not...maybe just some help?

I know I'm being very inspecific, but that's how confused I am with it all. Even things like Advanced map and Elite map I keep getting errors with probably because I'm using them wrong...

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
What exactly version are you using?
Also could you tell me the precise steps you did?

I'm using the OverworldEditorRE. Precise steps? You got it. First I open the Overworld Editor application. then I load a pokemon ruby rom. Then, just as I drag my cursor onto the palette, it says Runtime error 9. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Amoeba said:
Ok, I've given up on trying to do a hack of the earlier gen games. (though I do appreciate Celebi_XD for trying to help with that) I'm hoping on making a small hack of any one of the GBA games, just to get me into it. But, see I am absolutely and totally lost. I've been spending hours in fromt of the computer at nights looking for tutorials that are confusing and unclear, I'm met with broken links for tools (eg. pokescript), errors, and I just generally feel swamped.

Is there anyone who might be willing to tutor me? I know its a lot to ask but I would be forever greatful, and to be truthful, I am desperate. And if not...maybe just some help?

I know I'm being very inspecific, but that's how confused I am with it all. Even things like Advanced map and Elite map I keep getting errors with probably because I'm using them wrong...

Try asking for help here: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=57742

Who Have Pokemon Diamond And Pearl Music?

Scizz got some into hacks but he is gone now. Try searching around for MIDI2GBA so you can convert MIDI DP music sound files and then use Sappy.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
light_trainer921 said:
How can I make texts according to the player's gender? Example is when you talk to your mother before you get a starter.

A0 is the check gender code in hex, but I am sure there is a way to script it.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Any one know how to make the picture pop up of a pokemon when choosing your starters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back