• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holiday Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Well, we all know PC likes to do little knicks and knacks for the holidays, so I was wondering if you guys wanted to do anything. An RP or something? Just really throwing it out there because a lot of the forums tend to gain some really festive discussion at this time of the year. But I digress. Ideas? Discussion? Just keep in mind that not everyone celebrations Christmas, though I'm sure a large population of PC members do.

Soundash

RolePlaying Vagabond
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2007
It would be nice having a holiday rp but what exactly are you thinking about? This time of the year is celebrated by a lot of people so throwing such an event wouldn't be out of one's mind, I think I would go along with it.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
A Christmas RP? I participated in one once. It rapidly devolved into Roy Mustang, Motoko Kusanagi, and Kira Yamato all battling Sakura Kinomoto and the Sailor Senshi while attempting to assassinate Santa Claus. True story.

If we're to hold a holiday RP here at PC, let's hope that it doesn't end up like that one.

It could be interesting assuming somebody steps up do the plate and makes an awesome plot.

On another note, it could be a winter RP. That way you can include all nationalities and cultures December-ish holidays.

Lets just try and avoid this one:
ELF: Oh no. Where is santa?
DELIBIRD: Arg. I replaced santa. Fish for all.
CHILDREN: Oh no! *DEATH*
(Unless you are into that. More power to ya.)

But I digress. Would this be a Pokemon RP, or some other universe?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
As I recall, the problem with these events tends to be abysmal attendance. Because, you know, it's Christmas and people tend to find things to do other than sit behind their keyboards? (well, people who aren't like me, that is) Lack of compy time/interest = sloppy posting = screwed up RP. D=

Plus, our RPing population seems to have this strange relation to big, organized events. First people our piling to sign up, then the next thing you know no-one is posting except maybe one or two people. -.-

Erm...yeah, I think I'll stop being the spoilsport now. xD Sure, I'd be up for some christmasy RP thing if we actually get an interesting plot to go with it. :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2007
I'd willing to participate, though I'd probably end up horrible inactive.

Depends on the plot.

Wow, Jack, that roleplay actually sounds sorta fun. xD *shot*

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
Well, I have some-what of an idea but I just thought it up so I haven't gotten too in depth of the idea. So far I have thought up some enemies.

Crawlen, dead souls of those who have committed wrongful sins in their past life and seek to bring hate to the souls of the living and cause them to do the acts that forced the Crawlen to become what they are. Then those who sign up could be a group of Raiken, souls with mystic abilities who use them to track, and obliterate Crawlen. Raiken were originally created by Santa Clause as a way to keep the line of good and naughty children evened out, then souls found a new source of magical powers without being under Santa's rules, the Northern Pole; a mystical item that keeps the spirit of Christmas alive, without it, all living things would lose their will to be happy and would resort to hateful crimes. For now, very few Crawlen have been able to come close to the Pole, but those that have evolve in a different way than becoming a Raiken, instead, they become Sheriken. Sheriken are quiet similar to Raiken but have darker, more powerful abilities. Their activity was very weak for some time, but all of a sudden, Santa has felt their presence in the north. He has feared the worse and so he sends a group of Raiken (those who sign up) to locate and defeat this enemy.

btw: You all can do what you like with this idea if you find any interest in it.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Screw Santa, we have money. XD

Mmm.... not sure that Santa Claus is really a good idea in a fic about crazy evil spirits. I'll stick with the old standby. Kingdom Hearts for Christmas, anyone? I mean, we've got Christmastown and everything, and I haven't seen a good Kingdom Hearts RP in ages. Let's just go for the gold and create a random one involving Halloweentown in some way and boom! Instant holiday goodness that doesn't get stale afterward and stays crunchy, even in milk. (In other news, CARD GAMES will probably be having a holiday-style joke inserted somewhere. XD)

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
I'm perhaps the only person in this entire forum who is indifferent towards Kingdom Hearts.

I just wanna get my Black Hawk Down and Three Kings on, you know? Santa gets shot down, his presents get stolen, and we have to recover them. It's simple on paper, but in practice? Expect urban combat in the same vein as Stalingrad.

Maybe we can integrate it with the Kingdom Hearts plan in order to get the best of both worlds. Instead of assassinating Santa, Roy, Motoko, and Kira are pressed into saving him instead.

eternalglory

Private Eye
Years
but why not make it a super smash bros christmas? fun for all!
i havent gone into much thought about it, but i personally think a secret santa super smash bros christmas special would be quite incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back