• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Poke Story

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
pokestoryyw2.png

Hack of: Pokemon Firered

Introduction: I once tried to make a hack called Pokemon PinkMew, if you remember. I quit. But then I kept on hacking, making tutorials, spriting. And then I wanted to make another hack. So I called it "Poke Story". And learnt a variety of hacking skills I didn't already know, palette editing, advanced scripting, and editing the world map! I became a lot better. Then I starting scripting for it. My scripts are polished and new, I guess. So - without further ado, let us begin!

Story: You are a young kid who goes to Pokeschool - Where you learn to become a Pokemon trainer. But you keep on pretending to play Pokemon in class, with your best friend. Your teacher advises you to go to the principal - and the rest - is up to you!

Features:
New storyline
New world map
New region
(Otherwise there would be no point in putting a new world map in)
New scripts
A house on Gum Street that is like the trick house
Go to Sinnoh
DP Pokemon
Cameo Appearances*

*Not confirmed

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Work to do:
Map Pokeschool
Map the visible part of Deep Forest
Map Gum Street
Script all that has been mapped
Finish mapping Taylor's Lakes
Map the third town
Make the gym leader
Script it all and release Beta 1

Banners:
pokestoryyw2.png

Right-click and press "Copy link location"

Beta releases:
Not now. Maybe by January I will have scripted everything up to the first gym leader, then you get your first release. I'm not posting dates, okay?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I kinda like the idea and the story. However, I can't see new tiles, but I'll just sit here and wait for more updates. I wish you the best of luck and hoping to see the finished product!

As always.., DJG...

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow I love this!
Anyways I do like the idea of the story, sounds very interesting.
Cant wait for more updates. Good luck!

P.S. If you need a mapper pm me!
~Celebi

spenceroone3

Years
Celebi_XD said:
Wow I love this!
Anyways I do like the idea of the story, sounds very interesting.
Cant wait for more updates. Good luck!

P.S. If you need a mapper pm me!
~Celebi

I'd like to make this a solo hack. But, you can make tiles, or just tell me some handy stuff etc.

destinedjagold said:
I kinda like the idea and the story. However, I can't see new tiles, but I'll just sit here and wait for more updates. I wish you the best of luck and hoping to see the finished product!

As always.., DJG...
I suck at making tiles, unfortunately. If someone would privately give me some tiles that aren't being used in any other hacks... This would be fine. Until then, no new tiles!

Anyway.. I'm currently planning out the world map. When I'm finished, I shall edit this post to show you what I came up with.

~Spenceroone3~

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I would love to help map this game. I am quite good and if you want I could PM you some of my past creations.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Nice story, it's a start, but I see no challenge yet, hope you develop your story more.

Mapping looks ok, even though you only finished two routes. You should consider adding some flowers since the maps are kind of empty.

A class room with only 4 students? Are the others absent? :P You could put some empty desks anyways.

Maybe you should have done some more work on this before posting it? That's just my opinion. Good luck!

off topic: DNA, haven't you been posting the same reply in all the other hacks?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Looks like another Hack that may be good if you dont give up this time.

Would you mind giveing me a bata so i can test it for you and suggest edits so it does'nt turn out like the last one?

spenceroone3

Years
"DAMMIT," *Goes cross-eyed*
Luckily I had a backup, something happened to the water tiles on my ROM >.<
Screw it!!

I fixed it though by using my backup, however, I lost one of my pallete edits >.< but who cares!

Zanacross: No I'm not doing the big mistake I did last time, in fact, I just beta test it myself and leave the community to it.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
is that so... hm... sounds annoying, but as you said, 'who cares'..? Anyways, just don't give up and try to solve things slowly and surely.

As always, wishing for the best!

...DJG...

Back