• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
phoenix316 said:
when it comes to coding i don't think there's no-one better than Krazy. just to clarify how the lateralshift site works. We can see the site but nobody else can, true? so when the battle system is done krazy uploads it to the site and then we download it ourselves add in some stuff and then upload the new version for somebody else to add to. am i correct?
That's what I thought we were doing :)
Daegon, I wouldn't trust anyone else with our hardwork than a remote webhost. A remote webhost won't just remove all your files after he has downloaded them..
If you want to do some side events for the game while the battle is still going then feel free too, just don't do anything too complicated with lots of variables and switches we can't change later.. part of this is the reason below.

Well... The battle system uses (so far) variables: 1-74 and for some reason 145-146.. I think it uses some variables from the 2500 block for pokemon information. Also it uses switches 1-27. Please remember this while making your games.. I am sorry but I can't change those switches or variables now, it is too late and would ultimately slow down progress of the battle..

Ok progress report:
I have been working very hard and now I can display our pokemon's HP. I don't think I can make it rock up and down though.. Just because of the way I have done it.. I am working on the name display and the HP and Level numbers.. But I think I will do the enemy's stuff first.
I am going to put in a nifty little piece of coding to make the HP go down bit-by-bit. As it is, huge chucks just dissapear.

Phoenix, I can't see .PNG's only for some reason.. Wierd because it used to work :(
Thanks for all your positive comments :D

I appologise for any inconveniences to anyone but I have been a bit sick X_X

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Then what should I tell the guy who's offered us webspace?

Phoenix, Meerkat any one of you reply please.

Meerkat, firstly right after I'd written my last post my brother
deleted my work and formatted the PC. So the status system I've
been working will have to be discontinued. Also, meerkat, you don't
have to push yourself if you're sick.

Just in case anyone wanted to know about the status system
here's some info:

1. Just having attk, spd was too boring so I added happiness, hate,
love and some other emotions and also hunger and tiredness.
(also by having this you can make it so you can check the power
of frustration and return and the rest of the attks to see how much
power they can use in their present condition)
2. Also added critical hit percentage (goes along with emotions)
3. Also added mental power (a bit like focus band where the attk only gets
the pokemon to 1HP, but this gauge shows how long the pokemon can
do this)
4. Was about to make the pokemon recovery spd gauge ( time to heal self after
battle-also goes along with tiredness, hunger, etc) but the computer got formatted.
got formatted.

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
if it's free then i can't see any harm in letting the guy host our game. After all we'll still have the lateralshift one if anything should go wrong.
Back to the game, i'm gonna make a few more maps over the next couple of days and i'll upload screens (as .bmps for krazy) to the lateralshift site when i'm done.

Years
Thank you phoenix :)
Daegon, Those are some nice effects.. But you will never get them done.
I would've thought you would learn to back up things on your PC after your brother deleted and formatted them. You could at least upload them to an internet site.
I am sorry that your stuff got deleted but your brother is obviously going to keep doing this.. I'm not relying on you for anything in the project so you don't have to waste your effort on something that will probably be deleted.

Anyway those extra's can be for our battle system, this is the public one and we are not changing it.

I am releasing a pre-release demo to a few people, this will contain the battle system, but not the item system or pokemon selection system. Umm I suppose you could use the PC system I made but with no item system you can't use pokeballs to capture pokemon.. It will only be set up to battle wild pokemon and trainers..

Happy Gilmore

Love that movie...
Years
Good to see you guys are making progress. Could one of you send me the stuff for the site, in case you're wondering, I'm supposed to be doing the NPCs for the game.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I'm never going to make anything without backing it up
ever again!
Well, time to get in contact with our host
and sort some things out. If things go well, I'll be able to set up
a website with unlimited webspace by tommorow or the day
after.

It's great news that you'll be releasing the demo soon, Krazy.

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
alright what's going on? i've tried to upload a new town to the lateralshift site and i keep getting an error message saying that it is an invalid file type. It is a .png and i uploaded it under /screens.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, I don't know what's going on either. I'll go check.

Anyway, I'm uploading a short tech demo of
the tired/hunger sys. It's really simple so I finished it quite
quickly.

--EDIT--

I can upload .png files easily. Try again phoenix.

--EDIT2--

Does anyone know how to use HTML?
I kinda forgot.

Last edited:
Years
Daegon, I tried it, I needed to change some things but I really like this! We could make it so that when your pokemon are low level, they cannot walk very far without having a rest.. And we can make it re-generate while they are resting! Then when your pokemon become stronger, they don't need to eat as much and they can walk for ages without having to rest!

Years
I added a little rest-regeneration thing.. You have to be standing still for 1 second for it to start regenerating. We could have little resteraunts in the game where you can bring your pokemon to eat as well. Also pokemarts should sell pokemon food, and when you heal at the pokecenter they should feed your pokemon.
I do have one question though.. What happens when you are all by yourself and your last pokemon faints..? Should we just make it like when you lose a battle and you get teleported back to pokecenter..?

EDIT: Here is the file with regeneration.. I change the man to say what is actually happening in case people didn't know. Just walk around lots to make your pokemon tired

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I added as a message, "Pokemon's condition is critical. GIVE THEM FOOD."
I think most people will understand that their pokemon is going to faint by
that message.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I think it will make the game very realistic.
I agree on using it in the game. When the Battle system's
out I'll modify to cut the pokemon's HP as well.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Daegon, i've uploaded another screenshot of a new town to the lateralshift site, but for some reason it only uploads under /files and I can't delete it. So what you could do is save it to your computer and then try to upload it yourself and delete the one in /files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back