• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Pokémon Genesis [Beta 2 released - 13/07/08]

7x109ie.png

"In the end, everything returns to the beginning..."

[ STORY ]
2ypntcm.png
9ptgch.png
2w70pp2.png
b54r3n.png
"In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos. At the heart of chaos, where all things became one, appeared an Egg. Having tumbled from the vortex, the Egg gave rise to the Original One. From itself, two beings the Original One did make. Time started to spin. Space began to expand. From itself again, three living things the Original One did make. The two beings wished, and from them, matter came to be. The three living things wished, and from them, spirit came to be. The world created, the Original One took to an unyielding sleep..."
You start at your hometown Verasa Cape in the Serao region. One day your dad asks you to go to the neighboring town to pick up a parcel for him. Unbeknown to you, your father is the head of an organization bent on the awakening of the Legendary Pokémon Arceus who, in legend, is said to have created the universe with it's 1,000 arms. You visit your neighbor to borrow a Pokémon and thus begin your adventure.

[ ROM INFO ]
Hack Of: FireRed (U) [BPRE]
Language: English
Author: dshayabusa

[ AWARDS ]
Spoiler:

[ FEATURES ]
Beautiful Scenery
Featuring subtle pallete changes and new tiles Genesis will provide a beautiful and realistic landscape to the all new region of Serao.

New Events
Non-linear decision based scripts written from scratch. The storyline will include many Judaic/Christian references.

D/P Pokémon
31 D/P Pokémon to be included in Genesis, available after the first beta.

[ SCREENSHOTS ]
Spoiler:

[ VIDEOS ]
» Getting your first Pokémon
» Seeing your dad in Latim City
» Latim City Gym
» Boat transportation
» Confrontation outside Uriel Enterprises
» New Titlescreen

[ BUGS ]
» Pallete problem with doors of houses in Palerose Town
Please direct your in-game questions to this thread.

[ STATUS ]
» Beta 2
» Palerose Town
» Cave of Origin
» Sea Routes
» Mist Forest
» Overworlds and sprites
» Route 11
» Fiore Town
» Gaia City
» Draest Cave
» Dracovia Village
» Indigo Plateau
» Beta 3

[ TEAM ]
dshayabusa
Mapping/Scripting/Graphic Editing
Infernal Contraption
Spriter
Disturbed
Mapping
Beta Testers
megiddo
popetaffy

[ CREDITS ]
FankingOmega for the tiles.
thethethethe/Blazichu for general help.
Mike from The Spriter's Place for a lot of sprites.
Shadow Arcanine for the OW sprites.
Tutorials found here.
"Legends - Real or not?" thread for some ideas.
People who make the tools I use.
Anyone else that helped me with questions I had.
People who support my hack.

[ BANNERS ]
321201990116dy6.png

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=122487"][IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4545/321201990116dy6.png[/IMG][/URL]

[ DOWNLOADS ]
See Attached

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
This Hack is looking really good, and its also good to see that you've already put a lot of work into it.

I'll be sticking around here :3

Sky

Years
Hi there

The hack Look great and you really put a lot of work into it, i am looking forward to it and hope you work hard for it

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Thanks for all the support everyone! Beta will be coming soon.

yeah first post look good sound good. what pokemon are in the game
All most all 386 pokemon will be in minus some legendarys and 25 D/P pokemon.

arceus doesnt have arms he has legs but only four
Yeah, I know it's just what it says in the Pokedex on Serebii.

Does anyone know how to change the position of a sprite forever after setting a flag? It'll probably be a level script which I am really unfamiliar with.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
Years
Oooh a beta coming soon? I like! This hack looks soooo good. I can't wait to play it.

I would help you with your script problem, but I can't script... :(

Glacier

Mayzz Lover
Years
arceus does have arms those stick like things on its back are but there ain't a thousand of them anyway great hack cant wait for the beta

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Ain't it to early to release the game? I mean it, a game that just showed up, and now a beta? Wow, this is 'ast! (Why not make some more work first, then release a beta? A pre-beta would be nice...)

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Ain't it to early to release the game? I mean it, a game that just showed up, and now a beta? Wow, this is 'ast! (Why not make some more work first, then release a beta? A pre-beta would be nice...)

Most people release a beta after 3 towns don't they?

Anyway i've got some updates:
71cg45j.png
8el22l1.png
6kis3ed.png
6u9skr6.png

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I've changed my mind what TheX said was right, a beta is too early, I'll release a Pre-Beta that will go to Latim City.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I really like how this game is turning out, the new screen shots look good as!
Can't wait till the Pre-Beta comes out for a taste of Genesis.

Also...
Do you have any D/P Pokemon in the game right now?​

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I've changed my mind what TheX said was right, a beta is too early, I'll release a Pre-Beta that will go to Latim City.

Beats are released after a minimum of 5 to 10 towns/cities. So edit your first post.

Olumuyiwa

Ultimate Trainer
Years
I like this hack you've certainly mapped it well but it's quite bland. The storyline is simple and straightforward, i like a long and twisted storyline with everything and anything in it, it's just that much more exicting. The way i look at the Mapping its got 4 cities, 3 routes and 1 Mountain, don't you think thats a bit short? All in all i love the mapping, it is obvious you are talented so maybe you're focusing too much on it, you should get a storyline editor (i can help with that) and your hack should get better. Anyway good luck with your hack.
-Olumuyiwa

Back