• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lancaster" School of Battle OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Don't worry. We're alive, it's just that for one reason or another we aren't posting quite yet. Anyway, here's a quick playlist for Ed, since I didn't give him one in the first post:

-Don't Stand So Close to Me (The Police)
-Ready Steady Go (Best of Fullmetal Alchemist)
-Vertigo (U2)
-I Still Can't Find What I'm Looking For (U2)
-I Can't Stand Losing You (The Police)
-Synchronicity (The Police)
-Lazarus Heart (Sting)
-Englishman in New York (Sting)
-The Skies Above (The Black Mages)
-Desert Rose (Sting)
-Walking on the Moon (The Police)

Eh... mostly The Police, but a little bit of everything.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
sorry Brad, the RP is definitely alive but like ACC-M said, i can't post right now for one reason or another so i've asked him to take control of my char for a little bit. we'll be back on track soon enough though

Brad

The Paper Fastener
Years
Ah, as you siad, the ring is a bit overpowered. However, is it really possible for a 14 year old to have powere over a ring that conquered Roman armies. The simple answer is no. You will see the plot twist... it won't end up being deus ex machina for ol' Brad... no, it will HURT him...

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
ah okay then lol. I really wish the other RPers would come around too... i don't think we can keep this alive on our own

Brad

The Paper Fastener
Years
Well, we have a few great options, sir.

1. Make a bunch of characters that we roleplay as.
  2. PM the others.
  3. Ask others if we can bunny as them.
  4. (Don't want to do this) Shut it down- noooo... my first RP that didn't die AUTOMATICALLY... and it was so good....

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
hah ya, i don't want to stop it either.... cause writing the story wasn't nearly as fun as roleplaying the RP based off the story.

i'll PM the others and see if theres still interest

speaking of writing, if you guys want to see how i envisioned the school at first... you can follow the link to the other writings and read the story, I'd like all of your input if possible since you're... well in it.

Last edited:

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
Years
D: I'm so sorry for the inactiveness! I've been busy with projects (I still have one for English due next Friday) and other... Elder Scrolls Oblivion... related stuff. I haven't been posting due to fear of "attack of the short post."

And as far as a playlist goes, I don't really listen to 'normal' music, so if I listed one, no one'd probably know what I was talking about. :3

Brad

The Paper Fastener
Years
It's aight- I only post so mu8ch cause I have NO LIFE. Whatsoever. No HW, no girlfriend- I'm on my way to live in my parents basement XD

Anyways, here is my take on the original story

Pretty good, Evkay- nice plot, good characters, but you have DEFINITELY improved in your writing. The problem is most of your story is dialouge. ANyways, the plot has also evolved- our current plot has more classes of fighters, and a more structured system. I'd use this to show how kickass your writing has become since that first story

Old Writing- C
New Writing- A
Overall Story- C
New RPG- A

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
hah wow someone actually read it. The thing about that, is since i was the only one who reads it, and i wrote it 2 years ago, i wasn't too worried about writing more on top of that. Theres plenty of characters and plot i haven't introduced yet, not to mention I didn't introduce the faculty... theres actually another version of that story that got COMPLETELY out of control haha. anywho, thanks for reading, Brad. I've been quite worried about the balance between the action and the dialog. Its hard to balance it when there isn't other input i suppose. Still debating whether to continue on it or not. *shrugs* oh well.

Midnight, its good to see you're still around :) i've recieved a response from all of the RPers except Electric Hero now. Just a reminder to anyone you know interested, signups are definitely still open.

Brad

The Paper Fastener
Years
I posted. The rings draw blood, but as Brad uses it more, he gains more control. Also, who would I socialize with, as I have no classes common classes with anyone.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Well, if you don't mind hobnobbing with an Irish ninja then Ed might be available. Maybe Brad wants help in an attempt at getting the rings off because he's afraid that if he relies on them too often they'll kill him so he goes looking for help and randomly bumps into Ed. Ed uses his knowledge of alchemy to figure out what the rings are, exactly, and that triggers a search for the other three in an effort to figure out whether they have something built in that'll help remove Brad's rings. It would also be a moment for humanizing Brad, since so far he's been a bit cocky and we haven't seen his real weaknesses yet. That's one way. There's also Ed's new partnership he'll shortly be forming with Fen to consider, because he won't pass up free advertisement for his weapons and automata.

Brad

The Paper Fastener
Years
Hmm... well, Brad may not want them off... maybe he finds Ed. Ed wants the rings. Brad can't give them away, if he tries, the rings start taking blood. Instead, Brad tells Ed of the other rings, which he can use as synthesis material. Due to help, Brad is drawn into the alliance as another member- to find dark synthesis material for weapons/armor. This works because the rings don't come off unless the user dies. Boudica, teh first user, died, so the rings fell off. Therefore, there is no built-in method to take the rings off. However, the new alliance humanizes Brad by putting a large crack in his antisocial shell. i guess you could say the rings are his potential weakness, but that will turn out neutral thanks to new spell Brad finds. We could find Brad's weakness on a mission. Lets not forget albinos ocassionally have medical issues, another weakness.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Eh, thing is that Ed isn't that greedy. He's not the type to want every synthesis material he comes across, especially if it's already been forged into something. Maybe he recognizes the peculiarity of the rings and asks for permission to examine them, and gets the idea that if there are more he can learn something about ancient synthesis by studying them, so he enlists Brad with the promise of finding him a way to get around the blood-loss payment. It would also make Brad a bit less... Dea Ex Machina-'d if Ed is the one to find the cure to the ring's side effect and not Brad. I mean, it was random enough just finding the ring in the first place. 0_o

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
he's got a solid point, Brad. Whatever the scenario....i'm gonna say we need to tone/nerf/douse your char... whatever you wanna call it. I recommend taking ACC-M's suggestion on this one.

Brad

The Paper Fastener
Years
Hmm... well, they can't be taken off... but that would work for me. I mean, I did have a plan... but it'd probably be too uber. Lets go with ACC's plan. Another question: where is everyone else? This is turning into the 3 musketeers here...

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
ya i noticed that. i talked to some of the other RPers in PM and they said they were still in... i think Yue is having computer problems she said... but midnight and Insane... i don't know what happened to them

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Just a shout-out to Brad, but I just researched Boudica on Wiki and danged if your history book wasn't right. Don't go calling her Celtic, though, you'll confuse me. I always thought the Celts were Irish, but apparently there were tribes scattered around Britain. I need to edit my post. 0_o

Brad

The Paper Fastener
Years
In other news, Brad is gone for a few days in a place w/o teh Net. Disney World. (Woohoo!)

I'll be back after MLK Weekend.

The History Channel was right!

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
Years
DX I'm sosososososo sorry... I've been horribly ill (still sortof am) and have been having terrible headaches and such... As soon as I feel able to actually think, though, I'll be all for participating. (Provided I don't get grounded for a C in Geometry.)

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
O.O i hope you feel better soon! you're completely welcome to start up again whenever you're ready to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back