• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Zel, could you send me a Pm [or put it here] with all pokémons findable in each floor of tin tower? I can just find the first, the roof [no pokémon] and the second, in A-map. If all other floors have the same pokémons as the sacond, it'd be pratical just to say. Otherwise, please send me the list, as i need it to do the SGdex.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
this hack is indeed great... I am surprised how RSE/FRLG hacking has advanced...
I havent touched a rom in years lol. There were only 2 or 3 pokemon GBA hacks that had a lot of GFX hacked before... and none had music edits either ;)
Your hack has made me see how much more I could do with a Fire Red rom.
Good luck with the hack!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Woohoo! No words... Just reply...! O.o

Anyway, what is mostly the strangest/most complicated glitch in the game? Just asking.

If I were to pick, the "killing R32 PC" is by the far the strangest (with all the flashing colors and freezing, it's pretty strange to see :P)
But about the most complicated, I'd say it's the thing on fixing the Pokedex locations, because most likely, I'm gonna be needing M_X's help there (if it's even possible to fix it in some way...), about the rest, most of them could be fixed with a bit of effort in scripting (sometimes I'm lazy on fixing some...)

great hack but when will the Pokedex have an accurate location system soon? I've always hated guessing which parts you overwrote for which cities ^.^

Not too long ago, you were all cursing me for not having the Johto's world map implemented. And now that that's fixed, there's a new problem coming... Sigh... I now know how Nintendo must feel... XD

Hi Zel, I bought your SHINYGOLD Game in 2007 on a GBA game pack, some chinese person had burnt it on and was selling it for $20 (Giving No credit to you I might add) Anyway, the game was unfinished on the pack so I could never complete it. WAAAAA! So, I was wondering, could you post a link to download it as a .gba file? PLEASE? PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Sanders

As it was explained, roms are not allowed to be posted. So, with the patch at the first post, and with this thread you'll do fine, if not, just PM me.

Zel, beta 5 was awesome! I didn't like that the title screen stopped being animated though. Was that on purpose?

Anyways, keep it up and good luck!

It was the result of Neos' touch on the titlescreen. Unfortunately, he couldn't keep the animated clouds (which remember they were confused with smoke, anyway :laugh:), so, we'll have to stick with what we have.

Zel, when are you going to give all of the trainers in the game proper names. For example the first trainer you encounter on Route 30 doesn't have a real name.

I'm pretty sure that if I change them, I'll confuse them with the people I still have available to edit, so, to avoid some confusions, I'm gonna keep them like that till the last release (or till it's at a good point)

Is it just happening to Sentret, or every Pokemon besides Totodile? I'm going to make a guess at this - it may have to do with the fact that Sentret can have the "Run Away" ability. When a Pokemon with this ability runs from battle, a different message than usual comes up:

It was discussed already. I'm just glad it wasn't another bug. But... It was strange... That is a thing well known in the Pokemon world... :o

Hey zel, long time bud. Shiny Gold is getting better and better man. Love what you've done, this is one heck of a hack. Wish I had more to say or ask, but what haven't already been said in your thread right?

Well, thanks for showing up around for a while, T100! I'm always happy when I see people from the "old times" :D

Any Ideas on the legends we will see in the next beta?

The only that I can talk about is Lugia (which is the obvious one), but the other three I cannot reveal... Just think they have some cool events ;)

I'm going to post my opinion up.

I'm sorry, but, I think this post was posted on the wrong thread. It was more like something that should go into one of the threads at the Rom Hacking section (maybe the Graphics vs Gameplay one?), and not at a specific hack's thread. Debating about rom hacking's not the idea of this thread.

I have got around to playing this hack on my psp.

I have probably said this before, but the only issues I have with this hack is the mapping issues on towns and routes and the changing of the dungeons. Apart from that it is okay.

Maybe when the hack is complete, I can fix up some maps, what do you say zel.

Well, I like doing some changes (and the tile problems will be fixed in the future), but, as I said some time ago, once the final version is released, and after some months, I will allow to use the hack as you want, so you could fix anything you want.

Oh and there is a thing with the Koga rematch in Fuschia. He doesnt face you when you talk to him.
pokemonfireredgba01fa4.png

I see, well, I'm gonna fix that.

Zel, could you send me a Pm [or put it here] with all pokémons findable in each floor of tin tower? I can just find the first, the roof [no pokémon] and the second, in A-map. If all other floors have the same pokémons as the sacond, it'd be pratical just to say. Otherwise, please send me the list, as i need it to do the SGdex.

The 2nd and upper floors are in the same map, so they share the same Pokemon.

Where on earth is our friend zel

Do you remember what I think about such kind of posts? D:

This is all spam. Read the FAQ for stuff like the difference between regular and X. For patching read H. Sotomura's thread to find that stuff out. If you are on a mac follow the 1st set of instructions for patching..

Yeah, I was also getting tired of the whole Vista-patching-Emus talk which doesn't belong in here, it goes in the Emulation section, people!, I'll PM a mod for a little cleaning there.

Your wron he doesn't want us to tell HOW but i think it's proper to discuss a part of the game? so long as it doesn't get to informative

Hmmm... Better not discuss about that on this thread, I'm sure a lot of spam will come out of it, and we want to avoid that.

*faints* ...Phew... That was a lot, but meh...
On updating thing I really wanted to post when I finished Mt.Moon, but I've been a bit busy these last days, so all I have is the mapping finished and I was starting to script there, so I guess tomorrow Mt.Moon's gonna be finished (I so much want to reach Pallet...! >.<)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Eheheheh... Just take it easy, zel, nice and slow, yet sure. ;)

Don't rush things. :)
Wishing ya the best of luck~

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
Zel, are you going to put the revamped Overworld sprites of the gymleaders in the game? 'Cause it looks really strange that the Overworld of Koga is in the place of Falkner?

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2008
WSF!??

My Egg it broke and it came this O.O

img175.imageshack.us/img175/1668/pokemonshinygold01za1.png

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Looks like you're making good progress with beta6...

I can't wait to take down Red.

Are you using the Elite 4 level up flag thing in beta 6 for the updated elite4?

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2008
Hey Zel!!
I found img of all 493 pokemons, for battle...
if you want send me one e-mail,
why img's that I found, pokemos are very beautiful
and in perfect state for for in the game, ^^

the e-mail is: [email protected]

Bye =D

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2008
Hey Zel!!
Lock in my signature the new sprit of pokemons and shiny pokemons...
you like, I can do new shinys of all pokemos

=D

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Hi, Zel.
I know that noone knows me here, but I've been following some of the hacks for... what, five or six months.
Anyways, I downloaded the fifth beta, and had a great fun with it. But, if you don't mind, I only have some suggestions (I hope I won't be bashed :P ):
  • I think Lance giving you a Clamperl instead of a HM is a risky move, because, potentially, you can keep the player from finishing the game, if he/she releases or trades the Clamperl. If I were you (which, of course, I'm not ^^), I would alter some of the maps to replace whirlpools with breakable rocks, so that it would work with a HM (Lance then would give the HM and the guy giving the HM would give a TM). It sure will differ from what happens in real Gold Version, but then, it would be safer, I guess.
  • Effectively, as it was stated earlier in this thread, you could replace the Union Cave Pokémon Center with a house where someone heals your Pokémon if you don't manage to get it to work, because at that point, after a route full of trainers and a cave ahead, it would be nice to be able to heal Pokémon.
  • If it's possible, it would be nice to get rid of first person views (as opposed to watch wrong first person views when entering locations, or even as opposed to watch them at all)
Otherwise... well, I'm almost speechless. The hack made my... day? No, week. No, month. Yeah, month.

Good luck with it, keep up the great work. Cheers.

Back