• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
help

in firered how can i edit the begining meanig right when you press start on the title screen. the talking the one before prof oak talks and after the title screen.

how do i change what it says

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
Thanks Blazichu! Now I would like to know if there is a way to add more Pokemon to Red. I would like to recreate the Beta version of Gold in Red so I would need another 100 Pokemon or so. Any help?

GT

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
in firered how can i edit the begining meanig right when you press start on the title screen. the talking the one before prof oak talks and after the title screen.

how do i change what it says

You should be able to find it in advance text, i'm not sure where in it though, as i've never done it, but that's how others do it.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
Okay, noob question again. I thought I wouldn't need to use PET since UNLZ changed sprites. But it turns out that PET is the only thing I know of that allows me to change their Pokemon and scripts (easily). But for the life of me, I cannot seem to find the bloody program. I went to the link that Blazichu sent me and downloaded "elitemap36.zip"., where I found several programs and tools including Elitemap, PokePic, etc. But I've looked over and over and I do not see "PET" among those programs

Am I supposed to open Elitemap and find/use PET from there (and if so, how)? Or am I just incredibly blind?

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
Another question. Does anyone know how to find the leftover beta stuff from Pokemon Gold in GoldMap. I know you can use the Test Map funtion but I want to warp to them and I need to know what Map Bank and that sort of stuff. Hoping for help,

GT

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Thanks Blazichu! Now I would like to know if there is a way to add more Pokemon to Red. I would like to recreate the Beta version of Gold in Red so I would need another 100 Pokemon or so. Any help?

GT

You would have to add onto the Wild Pokemon Data, offset in last post. Then add a pointer and a pointer to the pointer to get it to function correctly. I would not know the structure of the Wild Pokemon Data, I should probably involve the Map Bank and Map Number.

Jack of Bl♠des said:
Okay, noob question again. I thought I wouldn't need to use PET since UNLZ changed sprites. But it turns out that PET is the only thing I know of that allows me to change their Pokemon and scripts (easily). But for the life of me, I cannot seem to find the bloody program. I went to the link that Blazichu sent me and downloaded "elitemap36.zip"., where I found several programs and tools including Elitemap, PokePic, etc. But I've looked over and over and I do not see "PET" among those programs

Am I supposed to open Elitemap and find/use PET from there (and if so, how)? Or am I just incredibly blind?

Right click on some blank space in that folder, then go Arrange Icons By > Name. The search for a program called "pet".

Gold Tom said:
Another question. Does anyone know how to find the leftover beta stuff from Pokemon Gold in GoldMap. I know you can use the Test Map funtion but I want to warp to them and I need to know what Map Bank and that sort of stuff. Hoping for help,

GT

Presea's Gold Map Suite contains the Beta Maps(link in my signature, then go GSC > Gold Map Suite). You would have to open the main GoldMap to see the Beta Maps. I wouldn't know specifically what the Map Bank or Map Number would be, seeing as the Beta Maps do not contain any events or Pokemon data.

Last edited:

Shiny Charizard

I need 15 post!!!!
Years
I know now what's the problem with my scripts.I've got a old version of pokescript (1.00). I followed the link to the download (1.02), but the link isn't working. So could somebody post it, please.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
i'm trying to insert a sprite it all goes good til the neutral background part its insert and when i check in the game it has no neutral background but the background of the sprite imported in unzl.gba so not good working.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
i got a sprite inserted
when i look in game to that sprite it has the same background as in unzl.gba while its supposed to have a neutral background.

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
Years
i got a sprite inserted
when i look in game to that sprite it has the same background as in unzl.gba while its supposed to have a neutral background.
Is because you have indexed bad the sprite, what program do you use to
index and how do you do it? Because, you maybe put other optiones, in
PhotoShop you have to put IMAGE / MODE / INDEXED COLORS / SELECTIVE : 16
but the background in the original picture MUST be TRANSPARENT (The little
gray & white squares ^^), when you put that, the background will become
white but it'll have neutral background in the rom ^^

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
Years
I know now what's the problem with my scripts.I've got a old version of pokescript (1.00). I followed the link to the download (1.02), but the link isn't working. So could somebody post it, please.

Uhh did you install PkmnAdvance er whatever it was called?

I have one question, how many letters/characters fit in the text box. I keep entering too many letters and they overlap the text box. ><

Last edited:

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
Right click on some blank space in that folder, then go Arrange Icons By > Name. The search for a program called "pet".

Oh, turns out I was looking in the wrong folder all this time (-_-;). Thank you all for helping me with that.

Well, now that I've accessed PET, it seems that in order for me to edit their appearance, I need to import all the sprites of their trainers/pokemon. I know I need to use RS ball for this, but I've run into numerous problems. When I start the program, it always says "Unsupported ROM". Also, it seems to automatically load a ROM, but whenever I clicked "Dump GFX Bank", that phrase keeps popping up. If anybody could help me out I'd appreciate it big time.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
the ROM should be in the same folder where the program RS Ball is... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back