• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
No, I doubt it, because RPGVX is not yet released in English, and it is so new, the language used in it, RGSS 2, is not "ripe", as poccil has said in a previous post.

Years
@Lorem Ipsum - Actually, it's released in two days, and it's already been released in Japan, and there are quite a few patches for it to be english. Also, RGSS 2 is like RGSS, but much cleaner. So it doesn't matter if it's in english or not, because the language stays the same =P

-Krobe

NeoStar

Future Scripter Extraordinaire
Years
hi, can somebody tell me what place this will be in the map please? and please don't tell me to read the note because I already have done this before!

and how can I add an item???

I think what he means is how to add a totally new item. Id like to know the same thing myself because yeah its in notes.html but its really confusing. Can someone explain it?

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2008
no I meant how to give the player a potion like that, and thanks...
But I mean by the map how to choose wich country you will have on the map!!!

(Example)
I want Pallet town to be near the sea on the map, or I want map 006 in the sea in the map!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Ah, I see. You want to associate a map with the region map. Here are the steps.

- While in a game, press F9 to open the debug menu, and then choose "Visual Editor".
- Press S, then choose a map from the list of maps.
- Double click on the map.
- In the list of settings, choose Map Position, then choose a map and position.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2008
when I press S a problem appear:

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `chooseMapScreen' for #<MapScreenScene:0x5048930>
PokemonEditor:1871:in `update'
PokemonEditor:1903:in `pbMapScreenLoop'
PokemonEditor:1900:in `loop'
PokemonEditor:1915:in `pbMapScreenLoop'
PokemonEditor:1925:in `pbEditorScreen'
PokemonEditor:1922:in `pbCriticalCode'
PokemonEditor:1927:in `pbEditorScreen'
PokemonDebug:927:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonDebug:927:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonDebug:927:in `pbDebugMenu'

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I was aware of that problem and I had fixed it in the most recent version. See also this:

Add the following code before the words "def update" before line 1842 of the script section PokemonEditor:

def chooseMapScreen(title,currentmap)
return pbListScreen(title,MapLister.new(currentmap))
end

It was a method I forgot to add there.

Years
Hey Poccil, I remembered a few features in other Pokemon Games that you might wanna copy into your starter kit:
-Game Corner + Prize Shop
-Trade with NPC feature
-Customizable Music (in Metadata) for surfing/biking etc.
-Battle Tent...? (You pick 3 out of 6 temporary Pokemon randomly generated with random movesets, and you go through a tournament like system, and at the end you are rewarded with said item, whilst you return the chosen Pokemon and get your own back) (Like a Bug Catching Contest + Battle Tower)
-New Terrain Tag for arrow panels that shoot you in a direction until you hit something/another arrow panel, (kinda like ice but shoots you over non-ice tiles until forced to stop by a wall or Special Tile)
-Able to set which backpack is used by which gender, instead of using the same old one
-Secret Base (Only accessible by using Secret power)

-Krobe

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2008
thanks but that wasn't what did I mean! I meant how did poccil choose what country will be on the pokegear!

For example:
How did poccil put his (area 3) on the pokegear map?

sorry if I didn't explain better before

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
It's all in notes.html.

Literally upload your own town map into the same directory as townmapgen.html, and then do what it says. It's pretty easy, actually.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
That's not what I meant. I meant the male/female graphics for the Pokemon, you know, the blue and red icons to show the Pokemon's gender?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
They're built into the fonts.
If you want to edit the shape, you'll need a font editor to edit the shape.
You'll have edit the colour manually in each script that uses it to change the colour.

Anyway, I have a slight problem with my Visual Editor - it opens fine, but none of the keys work (except from F5 and the exit keys (X, Esc etc). Basically, I can't do anything in it, except view the help and exit.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
They're built into the fonts.
If you want to edit the shape, you'll need a font editor to edit the shape.
You'll have edit the colour manually in each script that uses it to change the colour.

I'm not sure how to do that. I don't see them in the fonts anyway. Do you know how to do it exactly?

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2010
uhh, i just downloaded the starter kit, i think the most updated version, it said it was uploaded feb 3rd i think anyways, this has to be of course the best PKMN stater kit out there. And i can see many people are making their own PKMN games now. I've been messing around with it and seemed to have "messed it up". I edited the test map and now the houses and tress etc. are flat. Couldn't seem to understand what I did. Thought it might have been a script error, but i haven't messed or even looked at the scripts yet. Does anyone seem to know what I did or what happened? Oh and also, is there any way to disable the D/P look? Can you make it look like Ruby, Saphire and so on?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The houses/trees were flat in the first place, because the Perspective view displays everything except Events flat.
To change it back to 2D, change the Map View type in Options to Original or Custom (I'd recommend Custom, as you can do a few more things with it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back