• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Defensive Team

Years
I give credit to Anti-Pop for helping me make this team. However, I'm still not certain if it's good enough to go for.

Swampert @ Leftovers; Torrent
Relaxed; 240 HP, 216 Defense, 52 Special Attack
Hydro Pump
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Roar

Registeel @ Leftovers; Clear Body
Relaxed; 252 HP, 56 Defense, 200 Special Defense
Hammer Arm
Explosion
Stealth Rock
Toxic

Articuno @ Leftovers; Pressure
Calm; 252 HP, 96 Defense, 160 Special Defense
Ice Beam
Roost
Reflect
Heal Bell

Salamence @ Choice Band; Intimidate
Adamant; 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Stone Edge

Tentacruel @ Leftovers; Liquid Ooze
Calm; 204 HP, 172 Special Defense, 96 Special Attack, 36 Speed
Surf
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes

Gliscor @ Leftovers; Sand Veil
Impish; 252 HP, 4 Attack, 252 Defense
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Knock Off
Roost

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
I give credit to Anti-Pop for helping me make this team. However, I'm still not certain if it's good enough to go for.

Swampert @ Leftovers; Torrent
Relaxed; 240 HP, 216 Defense, 52 Special Attack
Surf
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Roar

Registeel SRs fine so Roar would be preferred.

Registeel @ Leftovers; Clear Body
Relaxed; 252 HP, 56 Defense, 200 Special Defense
Stealth Rock
Hammer Arm
Toxic
Explosion

Attacking with Registeel is a bad idea. You could still use EQ over hammer arm but you have a problem with Porygon-Z.

Articuno @ Leftovers; Pressure
Calm; 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef
Ice Beam
Roost
Reflect
Heal Bell

With Swameprt to PHaze, Articuno will be able to use Reflect.

Salamence @ Choice Band; Intimidate
Adamant; 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang / Flamethrower
Stone Edge

If you really fear Skarmory then go ahead, but even then Stone Edging it is fun and there's a good chance of a crit.

Starmie @ Leftovers; Natural Cure
Timid; 172 HP, 120 Special Attack, 216 Speed
Surf
Thunderbolt
Rapid Spin
Recover

Due to the fact that Gyarados massacres your team, go go go Thunderbolt!

Gliscor @ Leftovers; Sand Veil
Impish; 252 HP, 4 Attack, 252 Defense
Earthquake
Aerial Ace / Ice Fang
Knock Off
Roost

fine.

It's actually pretty good. you can tell I like this due to Articuno and Registeel being here ^_^

It's actually pretty solid. Swampert is a bit annoying though.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Just so you know Smogon's Articuno EVs aren't really that good. It needs special defense...

Watch out for subseeders and crap.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Well that's going to have to do, just pray Brick Break doesn't score a critical hit...or that it doesn't have a Focus Sash (though Articuno can finish it)

Arcknight316

left pc
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 12, 2008
If 'Vire gets a Motor Drive in and Swampy dies, then your only hope will be for Registeel to blow up, and blowing up isn't something that your Registeel, who provides plenty of support, is gonna wanna do.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
No Yache Berry on Gliscor, it needs Leftovers recovery.

Swampert is a good enough counter for Vire, and if it has HP Grass it probably lacks Ice Punch which means Gliscor can take it.

Arcknight316

left pc
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 12, 2008
To reply to Anti-Pop....

If 'Vire gets a Motor Drive in and Swampy dies, then your only hope will be for Registeel to blow up, and blowing up isn't something that your Registeel, who provides plenty of support, is gonna wanna do.

I specifically said THAT.

And BTW, just because a team has ONE Pokemon that doesn't die instantly to a threat doesn't make that team GOOD against it.

Last edited:
Years
I think Anti-Pop's point was that either Swampert or Gliscor can handle Electivire, depending on whether it has Hidden Power or Ice Punch. So, if Electivire has Ice Punch, I counter with Swampert. If Electivire has Hidden Power, I counter with Gliscor. Most likely, Electivire won't have both.

Arcknight316

left pc
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 12, 2008
I think Anti-Pop's point was that either Swampert or Gliscor can handle Electivire, depending on whether it has Hidden Power or Ice Punch. So, if Electivire has Ice Punch, I counter with Swampert. If Electivire has Hidden Power, I counter with Gliscor. Most likely, Electivire won't have both.

I never said 'Vire would be the one killing Swampy. Some other Poke would.

And if a 'Vire has HP Grass, then that means it's Special orientated, and Gliscor dies to Special moves anyway.

Back