• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Forest Fire", my new deck

sonicyellow

The fastest
Years
Get rid of magmortar, then, buy more copies of infernape and put them in your deck instead of the cards that circle around magmortar.

umm... that's my sig... NOW GET OUT!!!

OOh ... didnt read that comment above...
kk:7::chu:

Last edited:

burnpsy

Pokémon Nerd
Years
now my deck's had some changes (my cousin traded me a night maintenance too, yay!!!):

Pokemon (19)

4 Chimchar (DP)
3 Monferno (DP)
1 Infernape (DP)
1 Infernape Lv. X (Promo)
2 Magmar (MT) [placeholder]
2 Magmar (SW) [placeholder]
1 Magmortar (SW) [placeholder]
4 Skitty (PK)
1 Delcatty (PK) [my friend's trading me another one tomorrow]

Trainer / Supporter / Stadium (25)

4 Bebe
's Search
3 Roseanne
's Research
2 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Scott
2 Team Galactic's Mars
1 Time - Space Distortion
1 Professor Rowan
2 Night Maintenance
2 PlusPower
2 Warp Point
1 Dusk Ball
1 Master Ball
1 Quick Ball
1 TV Reporter

Energy (16)

16 Fire Energy

if mortar gets in the way (which it doesn't seem to), I need better placeholders...:laugh:

btw, wouldn't loading a bunch of energies on mortar and letting him get knocked out while dealing OHKOs be a better strategy???

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
if mortar gets in the way (which it doesn't seem to), I need better placeholders...:laugh:
Not really. Too many Pokemon slows down the deck as a whole. You can just replace Mortar with some more Supporters, or bulk up some of the lines you currently have.

btw, wouldn't loading a bunch of energies on mortar and letting him get knocked out while dealing OHKOs be a better strategy???

Maybe, but let's think of how that would work.

1) Have a starter out first to stall while Mortar charges up- this takes a long time, not to mention more deck space.
2) Send out Mortar to deal some damage. You'll get maybe 2-3 kills.
3) Send out Nape (who should be Lv. X by this point) and use Flare Up, which you can only do once, because there probably aren't enough Energies in the discard.
4) After that, you can't do anything. Of course, this all assumes that the opponent's deck hasn't shredded through you at this point, as many decks are faster than this.

burnpsy

Pokémon Nerd
Years
Not really. Too many Pokemon slows down the deck as a whole. You can just replace Mortar with some more Supporters, or bulk up some of the lines you currently have.

Maybe, but let's think of how that would work.

1) Have a starter out first to stall while Mortar charges up- this takes a long time, not to mention more deck space.
2) Send out Mortar to deal some damage. You'll get maybe 2-3 kills.
3) Send out Nape (who should be Lv. X by this point) and use Flare Up, which you can only do once, because there probably aren't enough Energies in the discard.
4) After that, you can't do anything. Of course, this all assumes that the opponent's deck hasn't shredded through you at this point, as many decks are faster than this.

... I meant ANY place holder change... also, yeah I know; but unless I have something to switch magmortar for, he can only be used appropriately before or after infernape lv x comes out... after being OK and before being horrible....

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
... I meant ANY place holder change... also, yeah I know; but unless I have something to switch magmortar for, he can only be used appropriately before or after infernape lv x comes out... after being OK and before being horrible....

You know, I honestly have no idea what you just said.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
I already said what a good replacement was- more supporters, and more copies of your other Pokemon.

And yes, I know you can't get them. I don't care. Use proxies.

burnpsy

Pokémon Nerd
Years
I already said what a good replacement was- more supporters, and more copies of your other Pokemon.

And yes, I know you can't get them. I don't care. Use proxies.

hmm.. so you mean the direction you've pointed out (Infercatty) is essentially THE best this deck could go, huh?

sonicyellow

The fastest
Years
you've got almost all of it, but i'm still here because nobody's even TRIED to help me with the real problem: I almost always have about 2 cards left in my deck at the end, and it's the best of what I have that I can think of. I still need help, but nobody seems to read that 3rd last part about my deck's REAL problem...

BTW: more like overwhelming to the people I play...

nice ideas, and what was PK again? if it's power keepers then I think I have it (delcatty)... the one that came with one of the deck, right???

in your first statement, it's the second part that's the problem... I have also not had a chance to actually go to a league yet...

I only have 1 more Scott, i'll add that in after this, but as for Oak's Visit and galactic's wager: I only have 2 and I don't have any (in that order)

Roseanne's Research is in the same situation as oak's visit...

ok, smeargle I understand, but what about miltank and azurill? I don't think I have a good card to exchange into the deck for those (that will fill in that role)... (with another scott i think i'll need less stantler...)

So, let me get this straight...
you signed up because your strategies suck?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
.... nah, I like infernape better, especially since I've heard such ggod things about the mortar deck...

hmm... http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65748

the similarity with Infercatty seems pretty strange...

Not really. That deck takes the energy it puts into the discard and attaches them to its fighters. Infercatty takes all those discarded energies and shuffles them into the deck so Nape can use Flare Up.

sonicyellow

The fastest
Years
Oh yeah...
infernape line is TAKEN OUT... sry :(

and adds in the typhlosion line

Last edited:
Back