• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon MORPG Project

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Sorry for not answering in a while.
Yes there will be missions, and yes those pokemon should be available to catch in the wild.
I am currently working on the pokedex and MY NEW TEAM MEMBER is coding the Battle system.

Welcome the new coder, who remains nameless to help me and the team! He is the only other coder apart from me and he is helping immensely.

Just so you know how hard this is, I am coding the pokedex at the moment, and I have over 4900 lines of code, all with info of every pokemon. I am slowly progressing through it all with a friends help, how if continues to help will be an official team member also :). We have to read all info of about 500 pokemon....

This is just the baseline code. We are however zooming through this with hundreds of lines of code completed each day, but my nameless coder is working solely on the battle system, which is a monsterous task, and I will be helping him soon.

Keep in mind this is so huge I can't explain it, and will probably take 30 hours straight at the computer for me and my friend to complete the pokedex, then we will finish the battle system. New demo coming soon, maybe 2 weeks or so.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2010
Looks nice, but somethings bugging me why is it MORPG instead of MMORPG o_O? Its not massive? I like how you scaled the sprites and stuff to 2X makes it easier to look at D:

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Well it currently is multiplayer, but not massive. I will fix it as soon as we have at least more then 100 players. I am currently rechanging every pokemon sprite, :D. Almost done!!

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Yes, I have updated the first post heaps! Be sure to check it.

Also I have changed the title. It is now 3D and MMORPG. It does not have depth, but it has a different dimmension: Time. I have just finished coding the Day/Night system! It does not yet syncronise with your PC, but that is only a few days away.

Time plays a very big role in this game as stronger pokemon are found in the grass at night and rarer. So if you are a newer player it is best to train in the day and if you are older you can train at night. At midnight a few legendaries will be more common.

This is totally unique as far as I am aware and is very exciting to program even!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Looks good soon!
And finally you posted my title background! XD
Well, I'll keep an eye on this game. Don't dissapoint me!

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Yeah, I am trying very very hard to get the server up. I dont think that it is worth it yet, as the next demo will be an entirely new game.

I think you will find in it:

A full or almost complete pokedex - all the way up to 493 pokemon.
A semi-complete battle system.
A new world of NPC's, and a few indoor stuff.
Almost all of the bugs fixed, I cant see any at the moment.
A day and night system.
Bag system.
Computer storage and stuff.

And in the demo after that ALL of the above will definately be completed, and hopefully all the other basic stuff. Then we will just need to map and create quests.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
Years
Awesome... cant wait to play it, wish you the best of luck dude... dont dissapoint us now, lol... kidding :P

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
OK, a little teasing update: A few more of the pokedex scripts have been completed, and thats very exiting as the games code is now based around it. Soon 200 pokemon will be in the game!

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Ok, but the next few demo's will be waiting for a while. Its because we are tacling everything hard now to get it out of the way.

I am also thinking I stepping down to assistant director, only doing coding and a little bit off directing. I will be looking for people that want to help (directing wise).

If you do PM me, and I will talk it over. Experience in gamemaker or in any game making things would be a biggy.

Also because of this post, dont think that this is at all abandoned, I am simply stepping out of this role so I can consentrate on working the code.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
No, lol. Read the first post. Also much progress on the dex has been made (again). All the Kanto pokemon have been added, except for a few certain pokemon. =-D! Maybe 200 pokmon will be coded in a few days, but I have all my exams on in these four weeks. After that, I will have a major chunk of time to work on this.

I am still leader of dev BTW.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
Can't wait to see!
The only thing i could do with the lite version of game maker
is Make a Catch the Shaymin and Flareon Game
Just like a catch the clown game
and i don't know much about GameMaker or Sphere i'm a RMXP guy

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news snippet also guys, the map maker is back on track thanks to Jack (secondary programmer, pretty much a full one though :P), it looks VERY professional, although there are many long hours ahead for us to implement it in. You will be able to build Pokemon Linked soon :)

Also I have 3 weeks of exams ahead. As soon as they are over, I will have alot of time on my hands, time for the game.

Still abit of progress on other things, but I think if we consentrate on making the map maker, logically that gives everyone more time to make maps for a better next release. There will probably be competitions on the best maps made, with winners getting items.

I'll try and post a screenie as soon as we have a decent thing to show. Maybe even a demo!

Back