• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I have found a few glitches.
In The pokemon center near union cave, i talked to the nurse- she healed my pokemon but then there were black flashes and the game froze.

thats all.

i love your hack, it is very nice.

(especially changing parts in advancemap...)
=)

Years
o0kv9: That's what I exactly experianced! The world turns to black and redish colors o_0 But if you start from a save slot and try to heal there again, it doesn't happen.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
zel...
I battled Carlos, in the entrance of a cave which is Ice Path *currently defeating him*...
It was a challenging match, however, I noticed that Blastoise and Machoke had the move 'Double Team', which isn't listed in the pokemon's learnable moves... :\
Double Team is a move for fast POKéMON only, such as Pikachu and Furret... :\

I also checked their moves in serebii, which I fail to see Double team in either Blastoise and Machoke's learnable moves, either by leveling up, or through egg hatching (and since there's no TM Double Team, it's excluded)...

anyways, great job on Shiny Gold and wish ye the best of luck. :)

Last edited:

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
zel...
I battled Carlos, in the entrance of a cave which is Ice Path *currently defeating him*...
It was a challenging match, however, I noticed that Blastoise and Machoke had the move 'Double Team', which isn't listed in the pokemon's learnable moves... :\

I also checked their moves in serebii, which I fail to see Double team in either Blastoise and Machoke's learnable moves, either by leveling up, or through egg hatching (and since there's no TM Double Team, it's excluded)...

well this IS a an gold remake, so it isnt a new thing: in the original Lnace had its 3 dragonites underleveled, knowing Barrier (illegal) and Aero knowing Rock Slide (another illegal)

about the bug i stated its NOT impossible: yes it should appear "go talk to him" but instead the game just freezes black

personally i dont think day/night is a good idea, only if it had night effects (eg. cities and routes at night, goldenrod lightsposts shining, etc.), but still i think theres a lot of stuff more worth the time
but still, the gameplay clock would be great for the bug catching contest (okay, okay, you got me: i just want scythers!!! )

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
zel...

TM double team is TM 32, it has been like this since RBY =p

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Where do you find squirtle and torchic in this hack?

You won't find both till late in the game. Squirtle is in the water east of New Bark Town and Torchic is in a hidden cave somewhere in Kanto I heard (i think in the south-east routes where you get the Super Rod)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
small problem, I forgot to change the save type, so when I beat the elite 4 i can't go to Kanto or anything, the game just restarts. any way to fix it?

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Stop asking people.

delete save states, of any kind... put flash type 128k..

then play and start over.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Beta 6 might not have it, but Zel might have to work on days,weeks, or much more to find the Day/Night
system.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Beta 6 might not have it, but Zel might have to work on days,weeks, or much more to find the Day/Night
system.

It all depends on ASM and MSX. Still the game is good enough without D/N System.

At least we'll have the radio I think.

Also, will the radio be like it was in the originals where you listen to a certain one at certain places or pick some music?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Not like I havent mentioned it before, but the script is for a digging minigame, and as close as DP as possible (with some tweaks to cover the parts that cannot be done, or simply because I felt like it)

I dont know what crossed your mind, DJ, but Double Team is a TM, as it was said, at least I think it is still a TM on SG (it MUST be, considering how much I, Carlos, and our Pokemon like to "overuse" it :P)

The ideal is to finish the game this year, but I wouldnt take that as something absolute. Just a flexible goal, if you want.

While I keep finishing the script, take a look on more music videos by clonex25. As always, make sure to hear them well, and give feedback about fixes if you think they need any.

Rival Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6omULdOaEo
Gym Leader Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJcfjSfr6uQ
Team Rocket Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-s5oQ7vHo

spaceboy827

BTing and hacking, fun stuff
Years
zel, awsome that u r so close on SG B6 being done. cant wait to play
the music sounds right i think also
and there is probably another time and place to ask this but i saw on your team that you had a picachu. where u get????

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
nice music, this is going way beyond my first expectations when I played beta 3.5
(The first patch I downloaded)
but it looks great so far, next time I download a path from this thread I think it will be the full version when its out.
I'm having fun with SG B5 on my DS and on PSP.

I wish you the best. :D

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Not like I havent mentioned it before, but the script is for a digging minigame, and as close as DP as possible (with some tweaks to cover the parts that cannot be done, or simply because I felt like it)

I dont know what crossed your mind, DJ, but Double Team is a TM, as it was said, at least I think it is still a TM on SG (it MUST be, considering how much I, Carlos, and our Pokemon like to "overuse" it :P)

The ideal is to finish the game this year, but I wouldnt take that as something absolute. Just a flexible goal, if you want.

While I keep finishing the script, take a look on more music videos by clonex25. As always, make sure to hear them well, and give feedback about fixes if you think they need any.

Rival Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6omULdOaEo
Gym Leader Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJcfjSfr6uQ
Team Rocket Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-s5oQ7vHo

I like them all.

Analysis​
:

Rival Battle: I can see a bit about the simularity between original and this.

Gym Leader: Shows how music can be remixed and still sound classic.

Team Rocket: Loved old one. New one sounds just as good.

I can't wait for more.

Keep climbing to the next stop; Beta 6.

Zel, you're nearly there!

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2014
Hmm... imho Rival Battle music is too fast. Especialy beggining sounds strange. Rest of music is fine to me.

Back