• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What would you like to be implemented in generation 5?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I dont know if there is a thread like this :\
Anyway, what would you like to be in these gsmes (If nintendo makes them?)
I'd love a feature like in PBR where you get to dress the main character. Also, you should get to pick who you want to be e.g: Red, Gold, Ruby (Brendan), Diamond (Lucas), or the new character. Also, I'd like a feature where you have to feed pokemon. Also the first pokemon in your party follows you like in Pokemon Yellow (Except it could be any pokemon) and if you talk to it, it will tell you what it is feeling. So what would you like to see?

killin_kobra

Pokemon Ruler
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2009
POKEGEARS ROCK

Also, I'd like a feature where you have to feed pokemon.
What would happen if you didn't
Also the first pokemon in your party follows you like in Pokemon Yellow (Except it could be any pokemon) and if you talk to it, it will tell you what it is feeling. So what would you like to see?
An onix following you around? Hmmmm...... Intimidating

Anyway they should keep the night/day thing and bring back the Poke'gear. IT ROCKED!! A personal phone would be cool, although that was in the Poke'gear

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
Years
Aqua Mudkip: I want the radio and the TV show back. It was EPIC. And so as transportation like airplanes or trains and it needs more action just like R/S/E and some cutscenes like PMD and D/P.

Years
Hello

I hate to say it but the feeding it will be a stupid idea i think they should keep al of that the same way i would like them to make the game a lot more difficult and i would also like them to involve more evoloutions of old pokemon like torkaol not baby versions and i would like a lot more 3 set evolutions and less 2 evolutions i think the 3 ones are always better and i would also like a bit more of a fire enfluence ulike in diamond and pearland i would like the starters to bit a bit better im not saying the DP ones were bad they were good but i think they could of fixed there move pool a little bit

Neosplash

|♜|♞|♝|♛|♚|♝| ♞|♜|
Years
I would like to see more double battles in the hand held games. I think that the double battles from the gamecubby games added alot.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
a tournament-style pokemon league wouldn't be bad. and clothing that increases the stats of your pokemon.

Moana Kai

Elite Trainer
Years
Alright I want to powerplant to come back, the TV and radio station to come back, and the cell phone with the pokegear thing to come back.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
Well it would be great to have a:

Phone
Poketch
and a Chibi based on your design
oh and also the time feature

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
I want the same feeling of whimsical joy i got when i first played Red. In the end, that would be the best feature of all.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 2, 2019
in (a part of) the game you should be able to go to the moon and do stuff there.

PikachuEX

A Rare Pikachu Lover
Years
What there should be:
Seasons
Customizable characters
Grand Festival
MP3 Player (You would upload them onto the game from your computer)
Laptops (No need for the PCs in the Pokémon Center)
Traveling to other regions
The destruction of Dunsparce

Mitchman

Banned
Years
What there should be:
Seasons
Customizable characters
Grand Festival
MP3 Player (You would upload them onto the game from your computer)
Laptops (No need for the PCs in the Pokémon Center)
Traveling to other regions
The destruction of Dunsparce
Seasons are a must but for the sake of keeping pokemon alive I would say nintendo would keep that for an mmo. eck what am I sayin ninty wont do that so yeah seasons ftw cause it would add depth.
Hhhmmm your own character would be nice but nintendo would have to use a fairly large amount of data so the ow can keep with all the random outcomes.
Your own music is a must and would again add depth to gameplay. And make it strange to see you respond to trainers when you have metallica on 100% volume.
No cause you cant exactly carry a teleport can you?
Yeah and I say it would be sinnoh/???? cause in my head they have to add a whole lot of mount coronet to the south. Mabye a bigger one then sinnohs to hold champ lucas?
No dunsparce will stay and with an evo. I commented on yours cause it was the most intresting.
Now for mine:
1. Pachirisu evo is a must along with a pre-evo of tauros/miltank with gender difference and a dunsparce evo.
2. Everything that made/will make D/P/Pt great.
3. Trainer battles in the sky with bird only pokemon. And anything that floats.
4.Pokemon that follow you but starter only.
5. Ranks with names not stars. Like you ar an uber trainer or a pre-master of pokemon.
6. Like I said the continuation of sinnoh will have to be generation 5.
7. If not bring on the regions above janto/kohto.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 4, 2009
I'd like to have the game more "free play". I'd like more starter choices...i.e. All the starters from all the versions. I'd also like a version of Pokemon Snap included. I also think a choose your journey sort of thing would be cool...pick the region you start in, pick what you want to be (breeder, trainer, coordinator). I'd really like to see a great coordinator section =]

Plasmaniac

I has burritoes! Ajua!
Years
No pokemon following you please, that would be cheesy. I'd like to see some more evos, like a ninjask evolution, or a sandslash evolution. Some character customization would be nice, and is perfectly possible. Some pokemon erradication (like dunsparce) would be welcome, but that is just impossible lol. How about the return of Johto? I guess it is bound to happen someday. I'd also like to see a high level challenge at the end of the game, even though it were not that extensive, but how about a lv 90+ sidequest? Now that would rock.

Abe

Years
I would love...

1) More fire type pokemons (though thats not my fav type, I know there aren't many fire pokemons)
2) Day & Night thing
3) a deeper, mysterious and complicated story
4) seasons (and with each seasons there are different pokemons and events)
5) customize the trainers appearance
6) travel to another region
7) A JYNX EVOLUTION! yup, she's the best ;)
8) side missions (and cool ones, not: take this antidote to my granpa's pokemon or find a lost child in a cave)
9) new enemies with no dum names (rocket, aqua, magma, galactic) and with a true EVIL plan!!! wahahahaha
10) and be able to participate on the pokemon league (but a big one, a really big one)

that's all... for now.

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
Years
new enemies with no dum names (rocket, aqua, magma, galactic) and with a true EVIL plan!!! wahahahaha

What's do dumb about Team Rocket? They're like Smiths Chips: The Original and the Best. (lame I know)

I would love to see the return of Team Rocket. And not just the grunts, I want to see the REAL Team Rocket. Jesse, James and Meowth should make their triumphant return to the game.

Edit: Oh, and the way to initiate battles could be the same as in Pokemon Ranger (you see the Pokemon on the field and can just keep walking if you don't want to battle it).

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
Years
1. Definitally customization of characters, and don't keep it limited in terms of certain clothing for certain models. That's one thing that pissed me off about PBR, I use the big man (since I, in no way, could truly pass off as one of the children, standing at 6'2'') and it sucks that there's pirate stuff...but only for the girl.

2. Find a way to utilize the items being held by the Pokemon, so that its shown. Like, if they've got the Focus Sash on, then show it tied around their forehead to show that they've actually got the Focus Sash on.

3. Seasons would be interesting and awesome, but I think that's far too much of a hassle to wait until Winter to catch Snorunt or something. Or you need to wait for Spring/Summer to find a damn Cherubi.

4a. More pre-evolutions, and reasons to use them. I like in PBR the baby thing, where it can only be up to lvl. 5 and it must be the most lowest form. Use that kind of system more often in contests and such.

4b. Any and all previously stand-alone Pokemon need to be given a Pre-Evolution. It pissed me off that I couldn't use Lickitung or Tangela once upon a time in the N64's Stadium's baby tourny things, because it needed to have an evolved form. Two generations later, HEY, there's Lickilicky or Tangrowth. Now the psychology of "wait....they CAN evolve...why the hell didn't you let my boys gain entry?", so they could cut out that crap by Pre-Evolutions, that's why I think Roselia getting Budew and Roserade was awesome.

5. As much as MP3s would be awesome, in all reality, it's not all that probable for this current system. I'd say we need to be patient until we can get something stronger than the DS for that.

Back