ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Old May 24th, 2008 (2:06 PM).
Apricorn Maniac

Nature: Rash

Hmm. I like the idea of a new version of "Card Flip" using pokeballs and actual pokemon. Also, I know the whole decoration thing would be hard to implement (and if you wanted to put it in i dont think anybody would mind waiting until the final version since its just a minor detail) but it would be nice. Gold/Crystal's room is too bare in game at the very least add some decor to it. Because it looks out of place if you look at Red's room he has a NES (N64 in GSC) and other little details that make the room stand out. Also, instead of decorating, the game could auto-decorate for certain events (beat the E4 and a Silver Trophy is set up in your room). But its not a big deal. Keep up the good work and I'm really looking forward to Beta 6.

Paired with ValentineUmbreon; Fluffy Little Sister-in-law: Chamo-chan;
    Smart Little Sister-in-law: SilverDragonLaura; Twisted Little Sister: Baa.Baa.Blacksheep

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 24th, 2008 (3:46 PM).
    Its Just Me I Am Zero

I say that zel should take his time with this hack and besides it really looks good im curious if ash ( red) will have the same team from crystal LOL

Eh I'm a Nice guy !

Old May 24th, 2008 (4:30 PM).
      Pollo prima dell'uovo

Nature: Quiet

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Aquillae View Post
        Amelia's Blaziken has Thunderpunch, not Ice Punch.

I remember it specifically using Ice Punch on my Swampert. Of course Swampert owned it with one Earthquake.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Aquillae View Post
        Changing the Dark moves to physical and Ghost moves to special would be contradictory of the goal of the rom hack, which Zel intends to be able to trade with Fire Red. Such a drastic change would have a significant impact on the game itself and how it is played, which would make an entirely new game itself, again contradictory to compatibility with Fire Red as both games have different mechanics, unlike 2nd gen and 1st gen.

Oh well. I didn't know about the trade with Fire Red part. But still, special Dark attacks are silly if you know what i mean.

Old May 24th, 2008 (10:06 PM).
        king of Kingz

hey i'm just curious just like trevor813 is.. i just want to ask if red or ash would have the same starter
          i mean like in the GSC game where his pokemon was on their final evolve form or would it be just like in
          the series where his only fully evolve pokemon was charizard and the rest were not..
          hey im just curious,,
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just waiting for the next beta..goodluck!!

Old May 24th, 2008 (10:13 PM).
          OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!

Nature: Relaxed

well since its a gold REMAKE ill go with the first one. I mean,if they werent evoed,would he really stand much of a chance? -_- but i cant be sure,well have to wait zels answer...hope i helped

My wonderful sissy-Soari

Old May 24th, 2008 (10:19 PM).
            ZGMF-X23S

Hey Zel, for amusement, you should do something for the final trainer, on days where you can't fight Red fight you! XD

This signature has been disabled.
              Do not use the signature tags for decorative purposes.
              Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Old May 25th, 2008 (1:46 AM). Edited May 25th, 2008 by hi sir tomato my password is syvniti.
              hi sir tomato my password is syvniti's Avatar
              hi sir tomato my password is syvniti hi sir tomato my password is syvniti is offline
              gggggggggggggggggg

Quote:
                Originally Posted by DARK_Wolf_Dante View Post
                Hey Zel, Im Just Wondering Id The Day/Night System Will Be In This One?
                That Day/Night System Was One Of My Favorite Features In G/S/C XD

Quote:
                Originally Posted by zel View Post
                By the way, although I won't be implementing that thing now (mainly because I have other priorities, and mainly 'cause I want Tutti to enjoy the system for some time), it could be possible (according to Mastermind_X) to do a similar system in FR, although, OBVIOUSLY, won't use real time, but would use the gameplay's time in order to do the night/day. It would be something, at least (But as I said before, I'm not gonna be doing something about it, 'cause I think finishing the game comes first, then we can discuss extra features all you want)
                Quote:
                Not like day/night is something that I'm frenetically looking for, I prefer to first finish the game, and then we could discuss of stuff to add to it. From the talks we had with Mastermind, the first idea is to use Gameplay time, because there isnt any kind of timer, with the weird exception of the one used in the Battle Tower events (and I doubt that would be useful for anything, but, who knows?)

Well, I dont know. Perhaps one of these days I'll start discussing about what we could do with M_X. For now my focus is in other stuff.

Does I even need to write a mesage? I think you just can read(-:

@Zel: Maybe you could write a little "teaser" about your new mini region after Kanto? Just name, what's special about it, A few town names and then the sreenshot? (I know we just can use the seach botton)...
                Then you could make it like a page from a magazine?
                Or just show it here in a Quote from Carlos... Like "I came from this place, and..." or "Please visit me in next beta in..."
                Just a tiny info about it please?

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 25th, 2008 (2:34 AM).
                bagel-meister ;)

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Son Sebbe View Post
                  Does I even need to write a mesage? I think you just can read(-:

@Zel: Maybe you could write a little "teaser" about your new mini region after Kanto? Just name, what's special about it, A few town names and then the sreenshot? (I know we just can use the seach botton)...
                  Or just show it here in a Quote from Carlos... Like "I came from this place, and..." or "Please visit me in next beta in..."

I agree about D/N. It's not a big deal till all the other extras are done.

Zel already said that Carlos is a traveller from an unknown region so it's probabley unlikely for that to happen.

Zel Could you not tell us where new minigames and legendaries cuz that makes the game so much better.

Paired with MaJuSe|Sister Of DarknessVolt|Twins with ~Sweet Dawn~|Brothers with Sheima-Manafi|

CHRISTMAS 2010!
                  2 Months

Old May 25th, 2008 (7:52 AM).
                  Pokespe Scanlator

Nature: Naive

Didn't he already say he won't show where they are :/.

Old May 25th, 2008 (7:53 AM).
                    bagel-meister ;)

Oh yh forgot. Well at least that's good.

I'm looking forward do what you can do for mini-games.

Yay My 200th post!

Paired with MaJuSe|Sister Of DarknessVolt|Twins with ~Sweet Dawn~|Brothers with Sheima-Manafi|

CHRISTMAS 2010!
                      2 Months

Old May 25th, 2008 (8:01 AM).
                      Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by JJK View Post
                        And you've changed the TM's, right? Just to be sure

You still dont know what will you do with the FR move tutors, right? Well, how about putting the crystal move tutor, who would teach Bolt/Beam/Thrower for 4000 coins in the goldenrod GC?

Yes, I have changed them. It's not exactly the Gold's TM list, but more like a mix of the good moves from FR and the original moves from Gold.

About move tutors, at least I know one will be placed after the next Beta, since he'll teach a move that will have a new field effect. About the rest, it is still unknown how to change the move they teach, so as long as that is unknown, I dont want to put any other move tutor.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by sirboulevard View Post
                        Hmm. I like the idea of a new version of "Card Flip" using pokeballs and actual pokemon. Also, I know the whole decoration thing would be hard to implement (and if you wanted to put it in i dont think anybody would mind waiting until the final version since its just a minor detail) but it would be nice. Gold/Crystal's room is too bare in game at the very least add some decor to it. Because it looks out of place if you look at Red's room he has a NES (N64 in GSC) and other little details that make the room stand out. Also, instead of decorating, the game could auto-decorate for certain events (beat the E4 and a Silver Trophy is set up in your room). But its not a big deal. Keep up the good work and I'm really looking forward to Beta 6.

After I finished the digging minigame I think the room decoration thing could follow a similar path. So, it's not like it's impossible, only quite hard (maybe harder than the digging minigame itself), that's why we'll wait for the final version, and then I'll decide what I'll do. The big problems resides more on the lack of overworlds FR has, I dont have many overworls left to use currently.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by trevor813 View Post
                        I say that zel should take his time with this hack and besides it really looks good im curious if ash ( red) will have the same team from crystal LOL

In the original, it'll have the same team from Gold. On the X version, besides Pikachu, the rest of his team may be changed.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Son Sebbe View Post

Well, I really dont want to talk about the islands after I release the next Beta. But, just for info: Carlos does not come from there (though he'll still bother you over there), instead, a new and the last rival will show up there (some of the older rivals will stop appearing, by the way)

That's all, I have to work on Uni stuff, so I guess I wont have too much till Thursday or something, since I'll have less time to work on hacking now.

Old May 25th, 2008 (8:06 AM).
                        bagel-meister ;)

A Room decorating thing. Oohh, pretty good.

New rival... Can't wait.

Ahh man, you're taking the fun outta Red!

Old May 25th, 2008 (9:27 AM).

hi
                            my question is:what is if i wanna play the rom after i have patched it wis ips on my symbian mobile phone with Vbag??how can i fixe the real time clock??

Old May 25th, 2008 (9:31 AM).
                            I Wish I Had A Wing...

ok i seem to be having more probs. When i beat the E4 and carlos and i go to the hall of fame it says saving but it doesn't and after the credits roll it just sends me to the title screen with ho-oh on it and when i load my game it just puts me right back where i saved last time: the entrance into the E4. My save type is flash 128k but still it won't save and i've heard that you need to restart it to fix it. How do you do this?

Want To See It Grow...

Old May 25th, 2008 (9:39 AM).

If you have S60 3rd download the newst version of vbag and save at the slots in the emu menu

Old May 25th, 2008 (9:50 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by momoelz View Post
                                  hi
                                  my question is:what is if i wanna play the rom after i have patched it wis ips on my symbian mobile phone with Vbag??how can i fixe the real time clock??

I use the program gbata7-en to fix the real time clock on roms but as far as i know there is no real time clock in the firered rom so you won't need to fix it.

Old May 25th, 2008 (10:01 AM).

Incredibly Rare Pepe

• Crystal Tier

Firered does not include a real time clock, although there is an internal battery which controls certain events.

Ten year old account

Never expect me to post

Nostalgia binds me

Old May 25th, 2008 (10:29 AM).
                                  Experienced Spriter

Quote:
                                    I thought about that, but since you'd have to press a button to close the message and keep loading, I wasnt sure of how much of a good idea that was. Unless we have message boxes that can be automatically closed, does anyone know or remember?

Yes I knowone, how about the one that says: "Saving, don'turn off the power... " It closes automaticly!

Old May 25th, 2008 (10:34 AM).
                                    Experienced Spriter

By the way Zel: in the First post of this topic, there stands: "toursim" instead of "tourism"

Old May 25th, 2008 (10:52 AM).
                                      Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter

Ok I have a problem.

When I patch Fire Red with your patch, I start to play and I press START and The "Rom Image Crashes"

I figured it was due to a bad Fire Red Rom, I downloaded another and the emulator started and instantly got a white screen and a message of "The Rom Image Has Crashed"

I downloaded yet another Fire Red Rom and started it and then immediatly I pressed START and I got the message of "The Rom Image Has Crashed"

So I figured either I am having really bad luck with downloading bad roms or it's something else I don't think I am aware of. (If it has been mentioned please forgive me for not wanting to look at 102 pages of posts or look at my screen really close and getting eye problems looking at the bug list)

I use Nocash (The newest Freeware version) Does there have to be certain settings for it to work ?

I use the normal Shiny Gold download(Not the hard version).

Any Help ?

Old May 25th, 2008 (11:45 AM). Edited May 25th, 2008 by morrisz.

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by EJames2100 View Post
                                          Ok I have a problem.

When I patch Fire Red with your patch, I start to play and I press START and The "Rom Image Crashes"

I figured it was due to a bad Fire Red Rom, I downloaded another and the emulator started and instantly got a white screen and a message of "The Rom Image Has Crashed"

I downloaded yet another Fire Red Rom and started it and then immediatly I pressed START and I got the message of "The Rom Image Has Crashed"

So I figured either I am having really bad luck with downloading bad roms or it's something else I don't think I am aware of. (If it has been mentioned please forgive me for not wanting to look at 102 pages of posts or look at my screen really close and getting eye problems looking at the bug list)

I use Nocash (The newest Freeware version) Does there have to be certain settings for it to work ?

I use the normal Shiny Gold download(Not the hard version).

Any Help ?

This may be due to a bad header of the rom which is the result of patching it with shinygold.
                                          If that's the case you need to fix the header using the original rom.
                                          I used the program gbata7-en to patch the rom and to fix the header however fixing the header overwrites the original rom so better backup it first.

Old May 25th, 2008 (11:57 AM).
                                          Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter

Thanks I just downloaded that program (gbata7-en) I just use that to patch it and the start menu works fine now

I'm guessing it may have been the patcher I was using(Ipswin 2.0) but I have no idea, but anyways Thanks

Old May 25th, 2008 (12:09 PM).

I need a working pokemon shiny gold rom.

Old May 25th, 2008 (1:41 PM).
                                              Fire Trainer

Location: Immersed In a Pokemon World

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by CDH10 View Post
                                                I need a working pokemon shiny gold rom.
                                                Sorry it's against the forum rules to give out ROM files. You can just patch a Pokemon FireRed ROM with this program.

Attached Files
                                                File Type: zip Lunar IPS.zip‎ (39.0 KB, 46 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Hi, I'm Friendsxix and I support the following

Old May 25th, 2008 (1:43 PM). Edited May 25th, 2008 by Tenzou.
                                                ~Ten...

You may download it from WAH, or here. By the way, it's a patch.
                                                  Here you go, hope it works.

Attached Files
                                                  File Type: zip Psg5.zip‎ (490.8 KB, 96 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links