• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
thanks, my other thing at the mansion is castform I may try to chain him or I'll check my swarm. I gotta do that later though cause I sorta got a 7 page essay due tommorow that determines if I graduate

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I have to revise for some test I have to so I know what its like. I have spent all morning revising which leave me with no time to shiny hunt. It is hard to fit everything so shiny hunting is last thing on my mind at the minute. Once my tests are out of the way they will move higher in my list of things to do.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
The chain broke. Again. At 28. I thought it would be safe but the only way it's going to be remotely safe is that if all the grasses are common grasses. otherwise I'm taking a huge risk, and it feels like I'm gonna have to pull a rabbit out of a hat if I want to get more shiny Buneary.

:P

But I'm already back up to 10. I boxed the bunny, switched Grovyle out for my "Serious Business" Breloom, and got right back at it. Even if I fail and it's 8 PM, I'm not switching back to Pearl until I get more shiny Buneary, even if it's just one. I must give that girl one of them, but I hate giving away my ONLY one (that's not very selfish is it?), not to mention my first. I always keep the first one no matter how crappy it is.

Good luck on y'alls tests, I finished grade school about a month ago. I need to keep in school though that way I'm covered by my Mom's insurance, so we're trying to figure out what I can go to.

I want a job in meteorology..... but I don't know if I'll ever get there or not......

edit:
Chain broke when I was going for 15. So this cements the fact that there must not be any other kinds of patches besides commons (and shiny of course).

I'm just getting really frustrated..... I'd like to take a break.... I've already done this over so many times..... I just want to make it to the end already, and this one is really crucial too...

If I don't restart immediately I won't have headway on it later.

Last edited:

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
So i've been soft reseting for like 5 days now for this stupid shiny dialga...and still nothing -_- It's really quite discouraging and I wanna get on with my game but I dunno I don't really want to give up either ><

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
So i've been soft reseting for like 5 days now for this stupid shiny dialga...and still nothing -_- It's really quite discouraging and I wanna get on with my game but I dunno I don't really want to give up either ><

it will come eventually when you least expect it trust me, nothing new on my hunts still going for mudkip and palkia at the moment.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I had a chain of nosepass going but it broke, I don't really like nosepass much so i'm ok with no shiny there, now that I added my new shinies to sig I noticed I'm very close to getting a complete 6 poke team of shinies so I probably want to try for a mixxed wall shiny next to make up for the fact that 3 of them turn into physical sweepers and the other 2 are special sweepers

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
I had a chain of nosepass going but it broke, I don't really like nosepass much so i'm ok with no shiny there, now that I added my new shinies to sig I noticed I'm very close to getting a complete 6 poke team of shinies so I probably want to try for a mixxed wall shiny next to make up for the fact that 3 of them turn into physical sweepers and the other 2 are special sweepers

I have some shiny Nosepass. And I ponder why I wanted them in the first place.

Anyway, you remind me of me. =) So I'm gonna help you out here.

I has some shiny Bronzor and my wall is Bronzong. I actually have two really good ones but I never raised the 2nd one because even though the 2nd one is better, it has Heatproof, and I haven't found much use for that except when my friend burns it with his Infernape's Flamethrower. >_>
That's the problem with Bronzong. It doesn't have a good recovery move but man it's pretty good at .. what it does. Looks pretty cool too, I LOVE the green.

If you decide to go after one, be sure to take a Magnet Pull lead Pokemon with you (I.E. dead Lv. 1 Magnemite) to make them appear more, otherwise you'll throw fits like I did for 2 days before it came to my attention I could do that.....
.. and once it did I made it to 40 in one swoop and got 12 Shiny Bronzors, the most I've gotten out of a chain.

My longest chain though is Nincada at 82.

So anyway, there we were, about to become pipesqueek food.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4nNlKECBeF8

^Epic video of the Buneary. I could've done a little bit more audio editing on it, but I like that. A lot.

Now I wish I could change my opinion on Buneary to reflect that. I have been crushed, stomped, and tossed aside, but I'm hoping that night time is the right time, because Murkrow comes out. That could be a bad thing.... or a good thing.

It tweaks the encounter rates. Adds another Pokemon...

Buneary is just a tick off of Misdreavus, at 19%. Add another Pokemon to the mix.... I'm hoping that the 19% stays 19%, which actually makes my chances go higher.

I still miss you baby and I don't want to miss a thing

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
After at least three hours of resetting the Radar, my game ended up freezing. -_- At first, I was rather disappointed.

Then I saw the IVs of the lone Jolly shiny Krabby that I captured.

Krabby - #98 (Jolly)
HP: 3
Att: 29
Def: 28
SpA: 13
SpD: 27
Speed: 27

YES, I'm quite happy with what I got. I will now proceed to putting it in the Day Care, and reset my swarm so that I may go chain a shiny Drowzee.

Never mind, I just remembered that I still have some Feraligatr at the Day Care...guess I'll just keep it deposited. My new shiny Krabby will have to wait to be chained.

Oh yeah, it's female, too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
My cell phone got turned back on today so I can upload pics of my new shinies if I get around to it, probably not cause I hate how photobucket is now

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years

I has some shiny Bronzor and my wall is Bronzong. I actually have two really good ones but I never raised the 2nd one because even though the 2nd one is better, it has Heatproof, and I haven't found much use for that except when my friend burns it with his Infernape's Flamethrower. >_>
That's the problem with Bronzong. It doesn't have a good recovery move but man it's pretty good at .. what it does. Looks pretty cool too, I LOVE the green.

If you decide to go after one, be sure to take a Magnet Pull lead Pokemon with you (I.E. dead Lv. 1 Magnemite) to make them appear more, otherwise you'll throw fits like I did for 2 days before it came to my attention I could do that.....
.. and once it did I made it to 40 in one swoop and got 12 Shiny Bronzors, the most I've gotten out of a chain.

^Epic video of the Buneary. I could've done a little bit more audio editing on it, but I like that. A lot.

Now I wish I could change my opinion on Buneary to reflect that. I have been crushed, stomped, and tossed aside, but I'm hoping that night time is the right time, because Murkrow comes out. That could be a bad thing.... or a good thing.

Buneary is just a tick off of Misdreavus, at 19%. Add another Pokemon to the mix.... I'm hoping that the 19% stays 19%, which actually makes my chances go higher.

Some spankin' video, dude! I love it and the song is gonna play in my background as I try at my current, sporradic...
SHINY SWELLOW HUNT!

I don't really like it THAT much, but a Shiny that appears in my dreams and I don't have it? MUST GET!

...Reminds me of that day where I dreamt with a Shiny Metapod in Fire Red and during that day I actually got a Shiny Tentacool (That would be Tairikiryu, one of the Tentacruels remembered in my sig through that banner ^^)

So, right now, I have around 170 Super Repels, Jolly the (Jolly) Espeon for Nature and my stash of Quick Balls, hehe. :P Wish me luck!

Originally Posted By $ChuteOut$:
After at least three hours of resetting the Radar, my game ended up freezing. -_- At first, I was rather disappointed.

Then I saw the IVs of the lone Jolly shiny Krabby that I captured.

Krabby - #98 (Jolly)
HP: 3
Att: 29
Def: 28
SpA: 13
SpD: 27
Speed: 27

YES, I'm quite happy with what I got. I will now proceed to putting it in the Day Care, and reset my swarm so that I may go chain a shiny Drowzee.

Never mind, I just remembered that I still have some Feraligatr at the Day Care...guess I'll just keep it deposited. My new shiny Krabby will have to wait to be chained.

Oh yeah, it's female, too.

Congrats on the Shiny Krabby! It's such an underrated Pokémon and the Shiny actually looks pretty good! And those IVs...It's like my Crobat, he's got at least 29 in Speed. ^^

Originally Posted By Thebiggamer:
My cell phone got turned back on today so I can upload pics of my new shinies if I get around to it, probably not cause I hate how photobucket is now

Hehe, your Shinies are pretty cool indeed! ^^ I need to find myself a way to take pics of my Shinies...
I probably have a webcam hidden around here somewhere, would that work for screenshots? Since I don't have a mobile phone. :P

~*Runasutaru*~

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years

i chained a shiny bronzor aswell, and i got a levitate relaxed nature so i use him as my wall. and the green looks pretty cool ( i tend to prefer green shinys). still hunting for palkia and mudkip good luck everyone.

Tabatha

Years
i chained a shiny bronzor aswell, and i got a levitate relaxed nature so i use him as my wall. and the green looks pretty cool ( i tend to prefer green shinys). still hunting for palkia and mudkip good luck everyone.

Well it's nice to see I'm not the only one trying for a shiny legendary -_- Still nothing on my dialga....I've made it through watching the entire first season of pokemon while reseting....that's 83 episodes plus the first 7 of season 2....so 90 20min episodes of pokemon while I soft reset and no shiny.....QQ (crying eyes)

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years

Well it's nice to see I'm not the only one trying for a shiny legendary -_- Still nothing on my dialga....I've made it through watching the entire first season of pokemon while reseting....that's 83 episodes plus the first 7 of season 2....so 90 20min episodes of pokemon while I soft reset and no shiny.....QQ (crying eyes)
I sympathize. I haven't reset for a legendary, but I did reset for torchic, and it took me over a year. I do have a shiny legendary, pure dumb luck. I almost had a heart attack when my Latios showed up shiny. I was so nervous I forgot what to do and it fled! It's one of those things I wouldn't believe if it hadn't happened to me. (But it did and I did the shiny dance all day when I caught it. :D)
Kim
P.S. I do want to reset for shiny legendaries soon.. I dread resetting in Diamond or Pearl.. it takes soooo long.

Tabatha

Years
I sympathize. I haven't reset for a legendary, but I did reset for torchic, and it took me over a year. I do have a shiny legendary, pure dumb luck. I almost had a heart attack when my Latios showed up shiny. I was so nervous I forgot what to do and it fled! It's one of those things I wouldn't believe if it hadn't happened to me. (But it did and I did the shiny dance all day when I caught it. :D)

Lol shiny dance hehehe cute!! I bet I would be soooo shocked if I found a lengendary that was shiny right away.....omg over a year -_- It better not take me that long I wanna get my national dex and pokeradar so I can chain for shinies!!! I'll prob give up if i don't get it by next week....2 weeks of reseting is kinda excessive and I don't want it that badly I just figured it would be pretty cool to say I have a shiny Legendary.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Just popping in to say thanks about my video. =)

I got my Buneary chain back to 23.... Taking it as slow as I can.

It makes me think of my assumption that the game knows what we're doing, and it either tricks us, or during different levels of chaining (i.e. 10, 20, 30, 40) it changes it's strategy to screw you over.

Or something. "That's the feeling I get, anyway."

oh, and omg, congrats and good luck!

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Just popping in to say thanks about my video. =)

I got my Buneary chain back to 23.... Taking it as slow as I can.

It makes me think of my assumption that the game knows what we're doing, and it either tricks us, or during different levels of chaining (i.e. 10, 20, 30, 40) it changes it's strategy to screw you over.

Or something. "That's the feeling I get, anyway."

oh, and omg, congrats and good luck!

Our games know all...It's true, I tellz ye! *Pokes Sonic 3 & Knuckles "cartridge"*
Sonic knows how much I hate him after clearing Sonic 3 so many times with him, so he decides to trip over pebbles on the road now. ;_;

Anyways...I'm gonna give Swellow another shot, let's see if I manage to snatch a Shiny today! Not too fond of chaining Shinies, makes them too common, but...It's always a break from breeding for Eevee. X.x
Here, here, little green bird, come here, I have a treat for you!
*Takes out a bag of peanuts*

Varheonas: STAR! (That's elephant food, you idiot, birds don't like it!!!)
Me: ...How in the world can you say so many words with one Star?
Tzurii: Cruuuel (We're all that awesome, just like that! *Michael Jackson moonwalk styles out of the room*)
Me: *Sigh* Just great...Couldn't you have sticked with your personality note "Likes to run."? *Slaps her forehead*
Sonki: Cro-baaat (HIIIIIIIIIIIIII)
Me: That's it, I'm going to hunt for it MYSELF, guys!
*Runs out in the search of a Shiny patch*

P.S: TAILS ROCKS MY SOCKS, go YouTube background! XD

~*Runasutaru*~

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I am in a chain of Electrike at the minute. I have been in it since I woke up this morning. I am now at 27 and don't want to break it. Hoping to get a blue Electrike because I think they look good. After this it's back to SRing for Torchic.

EDIT: no shiny. chain broke at 39. I couldn't believe it. I hate shellos.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, I'm still chaining for Drowzee. I've had multiple chains break, but for some reason, I quickly seem to get over them. Late last night (well, VERY early this morning, rather), I found a shiny Drowzee on an eight chain, I believe (shiny patches look so beautiful in the rain *_*). I chained up to about 20, then I put the game in sleep mode. When I woke up, I continued chaining, but the chian broke at twenty-something. Completely unaware of the shiny Drowzee I had captured early, I soft reset my game out of frustration. At first I was angry, but the chances that the Drowzee had a good nature and useable IVs (seeing as how I only caught one) were extremely nil, so I'm over it now.

Regardless, I want a shiny Hypno so badly. So continue chaining for Drowzee, I must!

Good luck, everyone.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
P.S: TAILS ROCKS MY SOCKS, go YouTube background! XD

~*Runasutaru*~

I has Tails background. =3 I got the picture from the Sonic Art Archive, an official Sonic art place.

I am in a chain of Electrike at the minute. I have been in it since I woke up this morning. I am now at 27 and don't want to break it. Hoping to get a blue Electrike because I think they look good. After this it's back to SRing for Torchic.

EDIT: no shiny. chain broke at 39. I couldn't believe it. I hate shellos.

I hate Shellos too. 1. I have a shiny Gastrodon. I don't like it. It looks like a normal one. It has good IVs and a Modest nature... it was the first Pokemon I got while chaining because I didn't know what I was doing at all.
I'm so afraid I'll get a shiny Shellos again somehow. >_> They usually break my chains when I'm in those areas too....
Anyway, sorry man. @_@; That's happened to me....... but usually I'm so afraid, I just wait for a shiny patch for the 40th one (or sometimes, it comes to me).

If you decide to try again, I hope you make it all the way there!

Well, I'm still chaining for Drowzee. I've had multiple chains break, but for some reason, I quickly seem to get over them. Late last night (well, VERY early this morning, rather), I found a shiny Drowzee on an eight chain, I believe (shiny patches look so beautiful in the rain *_*). I chained up to about 20, then I put the game in sleep mode. When I woke up, I continued chaining, but the chian broke at twenty-something. Completely unaware of the shiny Drowzee I had captured early, I soft reset my game out of frustration. At first I was angry, but the chances that the Drowzee had a good nature and useable IVs (seeing as how I only caught one) were extremely nil, so I'm over it now.

Regardless, I want a shiny Hypno so badly. So continue chaining for Drowzee, I must!

Good luck, everyone.

Looks like we're all having the same luck now. :P It's contagious!
I usually move out of the way after I catch a shiny, then save, then continue onward. Kinda wasteful but I always go prepared with 999 Max Repels. =)

My Buneary chain is at 28.... again....... I'm afraid to move, but I'm gonna have to eventually. I found 5 last night for like the 20 minutes I played it to bring it up to that 28...

Surely, I can do this now. I just want to move on..

Shiny Gligar is calling and I'd like to actually turn my DS off for a while. :P

edit: 32 now and about 22,500 steps lol.

If I lose this (which I won't), it will chop my tail off and break my soul. XD'

The reason why I won't lose it, is because of the L word.

Occasionally, a long "L" shape of grass patches will appear, lacking any of the rare grass, and is inside the boundaries. I've encountered two of those so far in this 32 chain.

I just want to make it to 38...

32 isn't enough, because I had a chain of Ralts once at 32 and reset the radar for 3 days and never found one, then broke the chain lol.

I needed a break that why I'm here. I'm not really nervous, just anxious, which makes me jittery, which makes me sweat a little, which makes me more prone to false steps, and more prone to take chances.
So it's break time. o__o

edit 5 PM:

I got 33, and then the 34th was a shiny patch. =D It's Jolly too! JOLLYJOLLYJOLLY!
Eases the pain a little, but the lighting changed on me so I'm stopping until later tonight.
Yay! But I'm by no means done. If it wants to give me shiny patches all the way to 40, then go right ahead.

edit: 8 PM:

Oh my god.

It broke.

I was going for 35, and it broke. It was a Beautifly that did it, they shouldn't even come out at night, but that's not the point...

That one, the one I went to, should have been safe.

They were all common.
There was one two spaces away from me to the right...
There was one just to the northwest of that one...
There was one to the upper left of me, away from those two (but not too far away)
And the one I went to was several spots away, farther than the others. I was confident, and then it crushes my expectations.

I'm gonna get the white flag coming by. I'm gonna give it one last shot, just doing what I'd normally do.

This sucks.

Last edited:
Back