• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flaming Hawk Fan Club (Torchic to Blaziken)

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
The best Hoenn Starters.

Torchic are small baby birds that are covered in red and yellow downy feathers. Their wings are underdeveloped and are almost useless aside keeping the Pokémon warm. Their legs and feet however are well developed for running and scratching. They also have a crest on their heads which vaguely resembles a flame. They also possess a flame sac much like other fire Pokémon like Vulpix and Flareon.

Ruby Torchic sticks with its Trainer, following behind with unsteady steps. This Pokémon breathes fire of over 1,800 degrees F, including fireballs that leave the foe scorched black.

Sapphire Torchic has a place inside its body where it keeps its flame. Give it a hug - it will be glowing with warmth. This Pokémon is covered all over by a fluffy coat of down.

Emerald If attacked, it strikes back by spitting balls of fire it forms in its stomach. A Torchic dislikes darkness because it can't see its surroundings.

FireRed It has a flame sac inside its belly that perpetually burns. It feels warm if it is hugged.

LeafGreen It has a flame sac inside its belly that perpetually burns. It feels warm if it is hugged.

Diamond A fire burns inside, so it feels very warm to hug. It launches fireballs of 1,800 degrees F.

Pearl A fire burns inside, so it feels very warm to hug. It launches fireballs of 1,800 degrees F.

Egg Moves

Agility
Pikachu
Growlithe
Ponyta,
Rapidash
Farfetch'd
Jolteon
Aipom,
Ambipom
Girafarig
Sneasel,
Weavile
Plusle,
Minun
Buizel,
Floatzel
Buneary,
Lopunny

Baton Pass
Eevee
Sentret,
Furret
Aipom,
Ambipom
Mawile
Plusle,
Minun
Buneary,
Lopunny

Counter
Slakoth,
Vigoroth,
Slaking
Lucario

Crush Claw
Sandslash
Zangoose

Feint
Pikachu
Monferno,
Infernape
Lucario

Last Resort
Eevee,
Vaporeon,
Jolteon,
Flareon,
Espeon,
Umbreon,
Leafeon,
Glaceon
Aipom,
Ambipom
Phanpy
Plusle
Pachirisu

Night Slash
Dugtrio
Meowth,
Persian
Farfetch'd
Seviper
Absol
Stunky,
Skuntank
Weavile

Reversal
Growlithe,
Vigoroth

SmellingSalt*
Spinda

Torchic and its evolutions are the only Fire-type starter Pokémon without an actual flame on them anywhere. In addition, its also the only Fire starter Pokémon whose English name didn't start with a C and who's Japanese name didn't start with ヒ hi.
Torchic has the lightest weight of all the basic forms of the starters.
Torchic is the only fire starter that Ash has never owned. (He owned a Charmander, a Cyndaquil, and, recently, a Chimchar).
Torchic is the only starter Pokémon (besides Pikachu) allowed inside Amity Square.
Torchic is also the first starter Pokémon based on a bird. The second is Piplup.
Even though Torchic has no arms, it is able to learn Mega Punch by tutoring in Pokémon Emerald.

CoommmmBUSKEN

Combusken is a Pokémon that trains so that when it evolves, it has all the power and strength it needs. It has a feather crest on top of its head with three points. It also seems that it wears a long-sleeved jacket. It has bulging thighs that seem big compared to its body ratio. Their legs are capable of devastating kicks and it has three razor-sharp claws that can cut down trees in a single slash.

Ruby Combusken toughens up its legs and thighs by running through fields and mountains. This Pokémon's legs possess both speed and power, enabling it to dole out ten kicks in one second.

Sapphire Combusken battles with the intensely hot flames it spews from its beak and with outstandingly destructive kicks. This Pokémon's cry is very loud and distracting.

Emerald It lashes out with 10 kicks per second. Its strong fighting instinct compels it to keep up its offensive until the opponent gives up.

FireRed It boosts its concentration by emitting harsh cries. Its kicks have outstanding destructive power.

LeafGreen It boosts its concentration by emitting harsh cries. Its kicks have outstanding destructive power.

Diamond Its kicking mastery lets it loose 10 kicks per second. It emits sharp cries to intimidate foes.

Pearl Its kicking mastery lets it loose 10 kicks per second. It emits sharp cries to intimidate foes.

Blaziken appears as if it's wearing a sleeveless jacket on its torso. It has a crest on its head with two points, which resembles a letter "V". It also has long hair behind its head and a small face almost completely covered in feathers. Its strong, muscular legs help it jump up a skyscraper with one kick and with ease. Lastly, it has three fingers on each hand, with what appears to be wristband-like markings on its wrists. These ignite when Blaziken is threatened.

It can leap over a skyscraper with a single jump. It can make flames spout from its wrists and ankles, cloaking its feet or fists

Ruby In battle, Blaziken blows out intense flames from its wrists and attacks the foe courageously. The stronger the foes, the more intensely this Pokémon's wrists burn.

Sapphire Blaziken has incredibly strong legs - it can easily clear a 30-story building in one leap. This Pokémon's blazing punches leave its foes scorched and blackened.

Emerald It learns martial arts that use punches and kicks. Every several years, its old feathers burn off, and new, supple feathers grow back in their place.

FireRed When facing a tough foe, it looses flames from its wrists. Its powerful legs let it jump clear over buildings.

LeafGreen When facing a tough foe, it looses flames from its wrists. Its powerful legs let it jump clear over buildings.

Diamond Flames spout from its wrists, enveloping its knuckles. Its punches scorch its foes.

Pearl Flames spout from its wrists, enveloping its knuckles. Its punches scorch its foes.

On a weight basis, Blaziken is the lightest final form of a starter Pokémon weighing 114.6 pounds (52.0 kilograms)

Blaziken is one of the first Generation III Pokémon to appear in the anime (the first being Kecleon, and the second one being Wynaut), and one of the very few Generation III Pokémon to appear before the first episode of
Advance Generation. It is also the only starter Pokémon to appear in the anime before its generation saga began.

Some consider Blaziken's average Speed stat to tone it down to a degree perceived as being a weaker version of Infernape. However, Blaziken does have higher Attack and Special Attack stats than Infernape.

First topic: What moves would you like Blaziken/Combusken/Torchic to have?

Ex: Sky Attack
Psycho Cut
Perish Song
Charge Beam

Members
Owner- Erureido
Co-owner- SuperJub
~KiTsUnE
Rules: No flaming, cursing, horrible pics (you know what I mean)

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
FIRST POST! WOOOOO~!

I'd also like to join this club! (My very first Pokemon was a Torchic! {Now it's a Blaziken who happily resides on my on my Pearl} <3)

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
Hey Kitsune I did that same thing, only for Diamond!

Welcome kitsune! I did that same exact thing, only for Diamond!

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
my first card was machamp

patrick

To add on to your list of firsts, your first warning was for spamming.

Read the rules before posting again, to avoid making yourself look like even more of an idiot.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
It's been taken care of, Erureido, thank you.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Talking to me in this thread isn't relevant to the thread. Please don't spam and keep the topic on Torchic to Blaziken.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
fine.

New Topic: What did you think of May's Torchic?

Well, she never really used it much, and it's cute how it always wanders off somewhere far away, without her noticing.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
lol, true, But Torchic never really wanted attention, or at least never showed it. It just scampered off, and no one notices until May yells, "Oh my gosh! My dear Torchic is gone!" Exhibit A: Now That Flower Power!

Back